My sig

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I guess I need some help. I got a message today saying my sig was too big..which I think is strange because I copied the size of many other sigs. Maybe someone here can help me fix.. and understand how this is breaking forum rules? I'd appreciate it

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm pretty sure the PM explained exactly why it was breaking forum rules.

The maximum file size for a signature is 30K and your signature is over 50K.

Here is a resized version that meets TCS rules.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay, it's been changed to that. Thank you for the help. I meant no offense in asking why it's breaking the rules.. I guess I just don't understand the size thing.. it looks exactly the same to me

It's my first time creating a signature, so I just copied someone else's and inserted the pictures I wanted and figured it was okay.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its okay, I did the same thing

It has something to do with the file size of the graphic. Even though the image size (dimensions) are the same, the size of a photo file can have a huge range - think mine started out at 60 and it needs to be under 30. I didn't understand the difference until some lovely mod pointed it out to me

It has to do with the images the Web produces. LOL that's about all I know

I believe the reason it is kept at a lower resolution is so that the pages load faster. I love your sig! Great tribute to the little Princess

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

Its okay, I did the same thing

It has something to do with the file size of the graphic. Even though the image size (dimensions) are the same, the size of a photo file can have a huge range - think mine started out at 60 and it needs to be under 30. I didn't understand the difference until some lovely mod pointed it out to me

It has to do with the images the Web produces. LOL that's about all I know

I believe the reason it is kept at a lower resolution is so that the pages load faster. I love your sig! Great tribute to the little Princess
That makes a little more sense

Thank you for the compliment on the sig! I love my girl, only the best for her!