He's being a pest

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok on our living room wall Sierra has hung all her "art". Puff is jumping up and tearing it down!!! What a butthead. What can I do? Water bottles don't work and he could care less about a can w/ coins in it.

Update. He's now pulled down the laundry basket and cloths are all over the floor.

norman's mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is precisely why I decided to start hanging out here. I know how to get dogs to stop doing things that I don't want them to do, but in all of my years of cat ownership, I have yet to figure out how to stop them from doing what I don't want them to do! Sarah used to remove wallpaper in our old house....

I hope that someone has an answer.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well he made up for it a little bit later by being a perfect gentlemen and cuddling with me for 2 hrs straight. I rarely get 5 minutes of cuddle time with him....lol. That still doesn't solve my problem though. What do you do when water bottles and noisy cans don't work??

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ddcats

I would YELL at him, it works with my cats! Tell him NO, NO, NO WALL!
And you'd get the sweet innocent face...and then he goes right back to doing it.. Yelling at the top of my lungs only gives me a headache and doesn't effect him one single bit.

ddcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, not at the top of your lungs! but, be a little mean about it. How about slapping the wall when he does it? When my cat wants to (once in a while) go near the door because she just might want to go out, I slap the door and say "No, Your Not Going Out." It works, she knows.

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well, not at the top of your lungs! but, be a little mean about it. How about slapping the wall when he does it? When my cat wants to (once in a while) go near the door because she just might want to go out, I slap the door and say "No, Your Not Going Out." It works, she knows.
Well if at the top of my lungs don't work quieter won't either. Slapping the wall doesn't work either. I've slapped about anything near me at the time. Again, innocent look and then right back to doing the offense.

ddcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
How about hanging up some pics for Puff! Maybe he wants to see some pics of cats that you are viewing here. Hang them below Sierra's pics. He might just be jealous that Sierra has pics and he doesn't!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

How about hanging up some pics for Puff! Maybe he wants to see some pics of cats that you are viewing here. Hang them below Sierra's pics. He might just be jealous that Sierra has pics and he doesn't!
Thats good and probably the problem too

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

lol. Well he does lay beside my computer when I'm on this site.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just had an inspiration! Are these pictures hung in such a way that they ripple in the breeze from the AC, for example? If so, it might be the motion that's drawing Puff to attack them! Maybe all you need is to tack them down all around, or put them in frames... even just posterboard mats might eliminate any motion.

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Just had an inspiration! Are these pictures hung in such a way that they ripple in the breeze from the AC, for example? If so, it might be the motion that's drawing Puff to attack them! Maybe all you need is to tack them down all around, or put them in frames... even just posterboard mats might eliminate any motion.
Actually yes. Their just hung with one piece of tap. Though there is no vent right there, when you walk past they all ripple. I'll try that.

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SalemWitchChild

Actually yes. Their just hung with one piece of tap. Though there is no vent right there, when you walk past they all ripple. I'll try that.
So I taped all edges down. Still goes after them.