I had a visitor today

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was out working in my back yard, and I found out, I had a visitor. Do you see it??

Here it is!!!

It was a beautiful parakeet that must have gotten loose from someone's house.......I tried very hard to catch it, but was unsuccessful......here's a wobbly little movie of the little guy.......I hope he finds his way home.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...88129435564780

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wonder if his wings are clipped ...

Do you want to come in and see Tiggy, Trixie, Bailey and Petals?

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish you were able to catch this pretty parakeet, I don't know how long he can last in without people taking care of him.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh he is beautiful, I hope someone will catch him cuz I don't know how long he will last on his own, poor thing.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To bad you couldn't get him Susie he probably won't last long, I used to catch Cockatiels all the time I would put the one I had in a cage and take them out and it would always come down. But the cockatiels have such a distinct voice.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Can you get your humane society, animal control, or even a bird-selling pet store to help you catch him or advise you?

Poor little guy!

MargeCat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MargeCat

Can you get your humane society, animal control, or even a bird-selling pet store to help you catch him or advise you?

Poor little guy!

MargeCat
I haven't seen him in the last few hours.........

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

I wonder if his wings are clipped ...

Do you want to come in and see Tiggy, Trixie, Bailey and Petals?
Im so very sorry for laughing earlier ... I didnt realize he couldnt survive outside without help

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor 'lil guy. I hope he can be caught! I hate to think hes going to have to try and survive in the wild....and for gods sake, I hope someone didnt just let him out to be "rid" of him!!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
poor little guy. I hope he finds his home again! birds like that could get really lost and won't last long without proper care of a human.
he's gorgeous!

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Get a small birdcage. Put bird seed and fresh water in it. Leave it open outside... it will at least attract him back, but it might be hard to get him to stay in the cage and actually catch him.

Good luck! He sure is cute... his wings don't look clipped to me, and he couldn't have gotten very far if they were. His flight feathers are all grown out.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually, there is a growing population of feral parakeets in North America. He could be feral and surviving on his own for some time now. I see them in the city here somewhat regularly....definitely several times each summer. But if he's feral, he's as good as safe. And he certainly won't go anywhere near a cage.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I lost a parakeet once because my dad left the doors to the garage open and he flew away far and fast. I cried for DAYS.

Last summer, there was a parakeet living with the wild birds in my neighborhood. I heard him outside singing until the fall - and I can only HOPE that he flew south with his friends, because if he didn't, he froze to death.

They are SO delicate, and impossible to catch once they are free. THis makes me sad for the person who lost her (she looks like a girl based on the color of her cere (nose.)

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Godiva

Get a small birdcage. Put bird seed and fresh water in it. Leave it open outside... it will at least attract him back, but it might be hard to get him to stay in the cage and actually catch him.

Good luck! He sure is cute... his wings don't look clipped to me, and he couldn't have gotten very far if they were. His flight feathers are all grown out.
this could to work!....

I hope you give us good news about the boy Susie!