Anyone want a ferret??

spirita2010

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, I am not shipping, but I don't know if this is the right board or not.. But, I am going to post it here.. How do I get rid of the ferret, I don't have time to take care of her, and most of the times I forget to feed her!!
Because I am that busy, and I don't want her anyways.. Its my step-dads ferret, not mine. And I refuse to care for her.. I told him that from day one. I do make sure she is fed, and watered, and if she wasn't, I got on him about it, but now I can't.. How could I rehome her, I should say.. Sorry if I have offended anyone. I don't want her to die is why I want to rehome her. Because I do care for her, but I don't want her to live a crappy life! And thats what she has gotten.
Any suggestions? Rescues in Indiana that will courtsey post for me? Thank you for reading!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Why on Earth did your step-dad get a ferret in the first place if nobody wanted it?!?!

Contact your local shelter, hopefully they can point you in the direction for a local ferret rescue place. Otherwise google for ferret rescue places yourself.

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Why on Earth did your step-dad get a ferret in the first place if nobody wanted it?!?!

Contact your local shelter, hopefully they can point you in the direction for a local ferret rescue place. Otherwise google for ferret rescue places yourself.

I hope that you can find a loving forever home for the poor baby.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in Indiana and have a Petfinder website... I can post her as a courtesy listing for you if you're interested. Send me a PM if you are.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

spirita2010

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sad thing is... I have been neglecting the poor thing.
I am ashamed, but I barely have time for her.. I told him though, from day 1 that I will not care for her, but I will make sure she has food and water. I'll ask my mom if we can, I will PM you BNwalker. I have to get some updated pictures of her. I'll ask my mom if I can find something on Petfinder, and then rehome her. Would it cost to post on Petfinder? But, this little girl shouldn't have been bought.

spirita2010

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oops, we can't PM on here!! I'll make another post..

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spirita...is Bruce still out of the picture? I sure hope so...it's a rough situation for you.

I hope you're able to find the little ferret a home! Thanks for thinking of his welfare, and wanting something more for him!

spirita2010

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by wookie130

Spirita...is Bruce still out of the picture? I sure hope so...it's a rough situation for you.

I hope you're able to find the little ferret a home! Thanks for thinking of his welfare, and wanting something more for him!
He was here last night.. But my mom snuck him in conviently.. She rushed me to bed, and rushed my grandma out of the house!! I couldn't do anything about it.. Because I couldn't prove that he was in there. The bedroom.. But, oh well, his ferret is going. But at least that will be one less animal to care for.
(vet care and all!)

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Spirita2010

Sad thing is... I have been neglecting the poor thing.
I am ashamed, but I barely have time for her.. I told him though, from day 1 that I will not care for her, but I will make sure she has food and water. I'll ask my mom if we can, I will PM you BNwalker. I have to get some updated pictures of her. I'll ask my mom if I can find something on Petfinder, and then rehome her. Would it cost to post on Petfinder? But, this little girl shouldn't have been bought.
It won't cost you a thing... I do free courtesy listings for anyone in Indiana and the surrounding states whenever needed. Just get me a picture or two and all of her info...name, age, temperament, etc... basically anything you can think of. Potential adopters will have to fill out an adoption application and we'll make sure she gets an excellent home.

spirita2010

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What site would she be at? Like website? :p And Tigger is a little overweight.. And she will come with a cage, her water bottle, her bowl, everything that we have for her.
And of course her! And we got her on December 23, 2006.. She was 12 weeks then.. Her name is Tigger. She loves cats, hehe, but the cats might get rough with her. She is good with dogs, but the dog must be tolerant of the ferret. Or small animals. When you hold her, she does not nip a whole lot. I will get more in a little bit.

spirita2010

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She'll get a home.
She is quite cute, and I don't want that little cutie wasting her life in that darn cage! Love her loads. But I can't do it all! :p I have the tendancy to ignore caged animals more than the ones that are dogs and cats, like those animals I don't ignore. :p And I don't want to do this with poor Tigger.

spirita2010

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Alrighty, I'll be downloading some pics of her in a few minutes. :p I'm gonna miss her... But its for the best..
Shes already spayed, I think.. Thats what the pet store told my mom. I don't think she is housetrained though. No, lol. Silly me!

spirita2010

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh yes, and thank you soo much!!
I appreciate it bnwalker!! Photobucket has been slow recently!

Tried to get her face, because she has little dots under her eyes. :p hmmm.

Thats a good whole body picture.
This girl goes feral whenever she is let out of her cage! lol, oh well, typical ferret.

Then some red eye in it. But I think it will work.. Again thank you sooo much! I can see some benefits from it. Thank you again!

If you want better pics, I have some more. This is the biggest favor anyone has done for me! I hope she gets a great home!! Which I am sure she will!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The pictures are great... I'm getting her on the website now. Petfinder takes awhile for the pictures to load, but the listing will be there as soon as I hit submit. Go take a look at it and make sure everything is ok. If you think of anything you want to add, just let me know!

spirita2010

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Alrighty! I don't know how much to thank you bnwalker. :p I mean I don't want to rehome her, but I know its the best way to go for the little ferret. Since I am not doing a great job at it. She needs exercise, and her nails clipped. Which I will clip her nails before she gets a new home.

spirita2010

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Here is a little extra information, if you want to add it.

Tigger is very entergetic, loves to play, and she does not bite, only when she gets out of control. She will also need her shots. (and she will need to be supervised around cats, and dogs) And gets a long with kids too.

Don't add the following.. lol Just thought I would put that other stuff in, and I won't have you change it around too much.

Might sound corny, but oh well, thank you again!

keisha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh I LOVE ferrets, but I don't live near you. Thats too bad
. I also do not want to get one from a petstore either. I've been looking for breeders, but I haven't had much luck. She is very cute, and I hope that she finds a good home.