Training day

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today was my day off, but the powers that be at work decided that we needed an additonal day of training on co-existing with the new robot vehicles. (They are really cool, by the way
). So, I had to get up this morning and take my grumbling self the 28 miles to work, then sit through 4 hours of training (bleah).

I was on the way home, taking Interstate 65, and was almost to Smiths Grove, and just out of the corner of my eye, last second kind of stuff.....I say a little ball of fluff on the concrete divider between 2 three-lane strips of Interstate highway???? I got off the Interstate at Smiths Grove, circled the ramp and went back. The little ball of fluff was still sitting there, completely terrified and almost unable to move. The kitten let me lift him off the barrier, then he latched onto my shirt and wouldn't let go. All I had in the car was a small box, so I punched some holes in the sides and in he went. I looked all around to see if there were any more, and didn't see any sign of any other kittens, even getting off the road for a ways and checking ditches. It was only 6 more miles to the house, so I went home, got one of the pet Taxi's and put him in that and got rid of the box, then we were off to see Dr. Cathy.

The little fellow is skinny, but healthy, other than ear mites. He is no more than 6 weeks old. He got his first kitten shot, ear mite treatment, and a dose of de-wormer (he loved that), and now he's here, climbing over furniture in his safe room, with a whole herd of Jellicles sniffing outside the door

And so, without further ado;

Meet Freeway

Edit: Just HAD to add this last picture

After a good 40 minutes of blasting around the room as fast as he could go, little Freeway found himself a nice quiet, comfy spot for some nap time....hehe, I'm in love.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Good eye Mike!!!!! he is super adorable
congrats on your new addition!!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG!!!!! He is just precious. Obviously he was a gift sent by the powers that be - put right in your path. Are you going to keep him?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

OMG!!!!! He is just precious. Obviously he was a gift sent by the powers that be - put right in your path. Are you going to keep him?
Sure looks like I am
He is already playing "patty cake" underneath the door with Peanut Butterum.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like you have a new member of the Jellicle Tribe.

(Freeway was the name of the dog on "Hart To Hart". And adding to the TV references - "Eight Is Enough". Are we going for "Just The Ten Of Us"?
)

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww, he is a cutie. Freeway is a very lucky kitty that you found him when you did, it's sad to think that there are other kittens out there who won't be as fortunate.

He looks very happy to be with you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keeping Freeway in his room is almost like trying to keep steam in a teapot. He is so tiny that he slips easily under the door. I don't mean that he squeezes under the door, I mean that he practically dashes under the door
He has already been out several times, and none of the other Jellicles are being mean to him, but he IS getting that "stay back, I don't know you" hiss.

He has a healthy appetite, and doesn't seem to be afraid of anything. However, he was totally clueless about how a litter box works. He thought that it was really fun to play in, but that was about it. He had 2 accidents early in the day, and I scooped up the waste as much I could, put it in the box, and then scrubbed and sprayed the spots he used. Then, I set him in the box and let him sniff around a bit. Just a short while ago he went #1 using his box
He seems to learn quickly.

Peanut Butterum is the most curious of the Jellicles, almost to the point of playing with him, but not quite sure she can trust him.

While I was typing this, Freeway darted under the door again, and now he is making a stand for Diva Etcetera, with his tail straight up and all puffed up and bouncing, all 6 or 7 ounces of him. She don't seem to know what to think of him.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hhaa, i hope you where able to get pics of that!!!
well it sounds like all is going well so far

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
what a wonderful thing you did
bless little Freeway & YOU !!

He sounds a absolute peach and tons of fun - keep us posted about the little fella

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute!! And it sounds like he has just the perfect personality to join the tribe!!! Thank goodness for your training day! And for your sharp eyes!!!!!! Can't wait to see more pictures!!

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the man upstairs sent you to work for a reason and I also think someone who would stop and rescue a little kitten like that has a nice shade tree in heaven waiting for them.
He is an adorable little kitten. And I know he will be blessed living with you and your other cats. And besides he's an orange and white tabby and everyone knows I am biased when it comes to them.

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome, Freeway! You sure are a cutie... and your shaky past will help you fit in with the rest of the Jellicle tribe.

I'm assuming you are going to keep him...

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
he is making a stand for Diva Etcetera, with his tail straight up and all puffed up and bouncing, all 6 or 7 ounces of him
This was several years ago - Minx went missing for almost 2 months. When he did retuen, he found he had been replaced with 2 kittens. The boy was awed but the girl hissed and spit at him. Minx just patted her on her head.