WildSide Salmon & China

merlynn's mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So now that all of the contanimated wheat gluten has been shown to come out of China, what about the WildSide Salmon treats? Aren't they a product of China?

Any thoughts on this??

whuckleberry

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I JUST noticed this, too. The salmon is from Alaska, but it's dried and packaged in China. They might be perfectly fine...but these days, with all the stories of filth and tampering, who knows?

The other day, I almost bought some dehydrated chicken treats, before I noticed they were a product of China. I decided to make my own homemade chicken treats instead.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

merlynn's mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I am running low on my current bag and don't know if I'd buy another...my cats LOVE them, but I don't know about the risks associated with the China-related part of the process.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by whuckleberry

I JUST noticed this, too. The salmon is from Alaska, but it's dried and packaged in China. They might be perfectly fine...but these days, with all the stories of filth and tampering, who knows?

The other day, I almost bought some dehydrated chicken treats, before I noticed they were a product of China. I decided to make my own homemade chicken treats instead.
How to make chn treats???

I am using up my wilside and will call them as to exactly what is done in CHINA

whuckleberry

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

I just sliced up some chicken breast into small chunks and froze them...every couple days I defrost one or two in the fridge. Obviously these are perishable, so they don't have all the convenience of a dried treat. But I've been thinking of getting one of those dehydrators/jerky makers...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

merlynn's mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Great. Thanks, Sharky. I hope it's nothing big....I've never found a treat these guys love more...well, besides your basic chicken and turkey.