I found buried treasure!!!

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Reeses likes playing with my wife's necklace if she leaves it out. She doesn't want to forget it if she puts it away in a jewelry box, so usually what she does is she lays out her clothes for the next morning, folds them, and puts the necklace in between. Well yesterday morning apparently it fell out when she was bringing them to the bathroom, and she didn't know. After she got out of the shower she couldn't find it. We figured Reeses took it but didn't know where she could've stashed it.

Last night I was scooping the litter box, and low and behold, buried in the litter was my wife's necklace *lol* Apparently, Reeses, seizing the opportunity after the necklace fell out, must have grabbed it and put it under our bed or some place my wife didn't look, and then buried it the first chance she had.

Unfortuntely a small area of the chain seems to have some discoloration, possibly from kitty urine. Yuck.

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ewwww. Puff has a habit of taking our cloths and putting it in the litter. Needless to say we've thrown a lot of clothing away.

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it is gold, try putting it in the liquid jewelry cleaner, it just might clean it up!
What a funny little cat - maybe you should give him a sandbox to bury things in! Other than poop!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lnbandcats

If it is gold, try putting it in the liquid jewelry cleaner, it just might clean it up!
What a funny little cat - maybe you should give him a sandbox to bury things in! Other than poop!
It's silver colored...if it's ACTUALLY silver, who knows

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh...we have a litterbox under a table in our bathroom. We set stuff on that too and have to be careful that things don't fall in
At least...not in a dirty box

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine thankfully don't drop things in the litterbox, although Bumper does go in there to puke!

I agree that toothpaste can help clean, but if it is something cheaper, it may stay discoloured

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Reese's .............. if its sterling, you can use baking soda and a tooth brush.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

So not only is she an addict, she's a thief! Poor Reeses, its a long sad downhill slide
Yes, she may be stealing to support her habit.