essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Am I the only one that didn't like the movie 300? I guess I just expected more of an epic in the way of Gladiator or Troy. It didn't live up to my expectations at all.

While I'm here, I thought Spiderman 3 was a bit of a disappointment too.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well,if had gone in with those ideas i would have hated it also. But i had already seen they where going to base it on the comic book version. So that was what i expected. It would have been good to see a movie that along with the true history, As it was you already had groups complaing it was anti persian.

As for spiderman3, i fully agree. they overstepped again with trying to do 3 villians. leave it at 1 villian per- movie. Gives you a chance to get into it.
the action in the movie was great. But i did pull my cell phone out a few times to check the time, and that is a bad sign.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually liked it
I asked Colin to take me to see it a few weeks ago and i thought it was pretty good. Not my favorite movie ever, but still nice non the less.

kitty24

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The only thing that I didn't like about it is that they've killed millions and there were no blood on the floor.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
300? Yawn. That's two and a half hours of my life I'll never get back

I wish I had've remembered before I saw it that it was based on a graphic novel - it might have helped. I didn't hate it, but it was really a waste of time and money IMO. I mean, Sin City was based on a graphic novel, too, and that movie rocked.

Nikki - `nice'?? I'd hate to see what you think is nasty!!

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A friend invited me to go see it with them a while back.. I hadn't heard of it, and when I finally heard what it was about, I didn't think I'd like it.. but I thought it was pretty good, really.

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just saw it the other day. I liked it but as another said it wouldn't win awards for best movie. I liked all the mens bodies too...lol

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abymummy

I liked all the men's bodies .....
Yeah, uh ... ahem ... I forgot there was one good aspect to that movie!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SalemWitchChild

I just saw it the other day. I liked it but as another said it wouldn't win awards for best movie. I liked all the mens bodies too...lol
the bodies were good!

I didn't hate it or find it a complete waste of time and money but I certainly didn't like it as much as some of my friends did

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't hate it either, it just didn't live up to what I thought it would be. That being said, I never read the Frank Miller graphic novel so I wasn't sure what to expect.

Being off sick like this it gives me a chance to catch up on some movie watching. I watched Ghostrider last night and liked that. I may watch The Departed tonight.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Originally Posted by SalemWitchChild

Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!

Yeah, uh ... ahem ... I forgot there was one good aspect to that movie!
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

oh yea- i totally enjoyed some of those 1/2 naked men running around
ladies we are men not sex objects!!!!

sorry just wanted to add that

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

ladies we are men not sex objects!!!!

sorry just wanted to add that
Well if more men looked like those in the movie you'd find out what it feels like to always be a sex object...lol.

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Personally, I thought 300 rocked, and I loved Sin City, too. (J collects graphic novels and has both, so I got to look them over before I saw either movie.) I saw 300 at the IMAX and it was an incredible experience -- big sound, big picture, and it felt like I was really in the movie. And there's nothin' like a bunch of half-naked, oiled-up, well-muscled men larger than life to make your day!

I did think Spider-Man 3 was a disappointment, though. They did too much, focused on too many things, and I disliked the ending. I won't say why I did, just that I didn't like the way things were handled. I had also forgotten how much I absolutely loathe the character of Mary Jane. She's the reason I like the heroines of the X-Men: X-Women kick serious butt, Mary Jane stands around waiting to be rescued. *sigh* The graphics were well done, however, particularly the Sandman graphics.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I second that!
I went into it expecting to hate it, but I must say I walked out of the theater loving it. The movie had such a great moral, holding on to your beliefs even though you know your fighting a loosing battle. I thought the movie was very well put together.

I really disliked the spider man movies, I've found them all to be a bit boring. I am however looking forward to the new pirates of the caribbean movie.