TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › y can't I roller blade? BLADE?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

y can't I roller blade? BLADE?

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
I was a great on roller skates but I just can't seem to get use to the stopper in the back and only on one "blade" on roller blades. skates are expensive now. Should i just give up and invest in skates? I've had these roller blades for 4-5 yrs and have only tried a couple of times. it's just so scary for me!!!what happens when i get to a street and can't stop?
post #2 of 16
Why can't you rollerblade? Because man was not meant for such precarious endeavors! Heck, I'm lucky to take a stroll without hurting myself...
post #3 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladycat View Post
I was a great on roller skates but I just can't seem to get use to the stopper in the back and only on one "blade" on roller blades. skates are expensive now. Should i just give up and invest in skates? I've had these roller blades for 4-5 yrs and have only tried a couple of times. it's just so scary for me!!!what happens when i get to a street and can't stop?
It just takes practice like everything else. You'll get it eventually.
post #4 of 16
I used to roller skate when I was younger, that was dangerous enough for me. When blades came out I took one look at them and went "uh huh, no way" I know my limitations.
post #5 of 16
GF from along time go loved to blade.
so after i very long search we finally found blades that would fit my feet, i have big feet. i could not even stand up on them(i had broken both my ankles racing motorcycles)

it always looked like fun, but i cant do it
post #6 of 16
I have tried and failed also. I too can rollerskate with the best of them, but I put on the blades and I couldnt stop and I stupidly tried with a friend on a busy sidewalk. She couldnt do it either and it wasnt a pretty scene
post #7 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pami View Post
I have tried and failed also. I too can rollerskate with the best of them, but I put on the blades and I couldnt stop and I stupidly tried with a friend on a busy sidewalk. She couldnt do it either and it wasnt a pretty scene
yeh that's pretty much what I see happening to me!!!! I could barely do it in my hallway!!!
post #8 of 16
I've always thought roller blades were easier than skates.. I hated using roller skates and so when I was little and me and my friends went to school skating parties, I wouldn't go without my blades.. and once I outgrew my first pair, I wouldn't skate anywhere until I had new roller blades that would fit..

Just practice.. it's easy once you get the hang of it.
post #9 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by h~chan View Post
I've always thought roller blades were easier than skates..
I found the same thing, I've had skates since I was 3-4 then got roller blades at about 10 and found them much easier.

Makes more sense to me having a stopper on the back, I never could stop with skates having stoppers at the toe.
post #10 of 16
I'll agree with the blades are easier crowd! I can roller-blade like nobody's business, but I can't skate to save my life!!
post #11 of 16
aww heck, i can't even ride a bike- no way i'm gonna rollar blade i'll break my neck
post #12 of 16
Aw hun, I know how you feel. I get on well with the proper four-wheel skates, but blades are a complete mystery to me! They are so hideously expensive, but I plan on investing in a pair, because there is a really nice beach front close to where DH and I live, so we can skate together in the summertime
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladycat View Post
I was a great on roller skates but I just can't seem to get use to the stopper in the back and only on one "blade" on roller blades. skates are expensive now. Should i just give up and invest in skates? I've had these roller blades for 4-5 yrs and have only tried a couple of times. it's just so scary for me!!!what happens when i get to a street and can't stop?

can we switch feet? lol. at my old job (that i loved because of the money *Sonic*) i had to skate, and i have always skated on Roller Blades... but never go out in the rain in those.. you wil bust your butt soo hard. So for me to go back, i need to learn how to go on four skates =[ and i really want my job back. lol.
post #14 of 16
Thread Starter 
it's kinda funny to see who does best on what. maybe I'll attempt...I think I need padding & a helmet though!!!! I'm very close to a bike path...I just don't want to carry them there and there is nothing for me to grab hold of. well I've got saturday off!
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladycat View Post
it's kinda funny to see who does best on what. maybe I'll attempt...I think I need padding & a helmet though!!!! I'm very close to a bike path...I just don't want to carry them there and there is nothing for me to grab hold of. well I've got saturday off!
Give it a try. Not only is easy once you get the hang of it but it's good exercise and a faster way to get places. Personally I prefer to bike but I roller blade ever once in a while.
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by missymotus View Post
I found the same thing, I've had skates since I was 3-4 then got roller blades at about 10 and found them much easier.
I think I tried blades before skates, and when I tried skates, I kept falling over.. but once I put blades on, I could stay in them for hours without any problem..

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR View Post
aww heck, i can't even ride a bike
Wow, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I never learned to ride a bike.. once the training wheels came off when I was little, I kept falling over and I got scared, so I gave up.. haven't got the hang of it since..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › y can't I roller blade? BLADE?