y can't I roller blade? BLADE?

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was a great on roller skates but I just can't seem to get use to the stopper in the back and only on one "blade" on roller blades. skates are expensive now. Should i just give up and invest in skates? I've had these roller blades for 4-5 yrs and have only tried a couple of times. it's just so scary for me!!!what happens when i get to a street and can't stop?

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why can't you rollerblade? Because man was not meant for such precarious endeavors! Heck, I'm lucky to take a stroll without hurting myself...

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ladycat

I was a great on roller skates but I just can't seem to get use to the stopper in the back and only on one "blade" on roller blades. skates are expensive now. Should i just give up and invest in skates? I've had these roller blades for 4-5 yrs and have only tried a couple of times. it's just so scary for me!!!what happens when i get to a street and can't stop?
It just takes practice like everything else. You'll get it eventually.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to roller skate when I was younger, that was dangerous enough for me.
When blades came out I took one look at them and went "uh huh, no way" I know my limitations.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
GF from along time go loved to blade.
so after i very long search we finally found blades that would fit my feet, i have big feet. i could not even stand up on them(i had broken both my ankles racing motorcycles)

it always looked like fun, but i cant do it

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have tried and failed also. I too can rollerskate with the best of them, but I put on the blades and I couldnt stop
and I stupidly tried with a friend on a busy sidewalk. She couldnt do it either and it wasnt a pretty scene

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

I have tried and failed also. I too can rollerskate with the best of them, but I put on the blades and I couldnt stop
and I stupidly tried with a friend on a busy sidewalk. She couldnt do it either and it wasnt a pretty scene
yeh that's pretty much what I see happening to me!!!! I could barely do it in my hallway!!!

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always thought roller blades were easier than skates.. I hated using roller skates and so when I was little and me and my friends went to school skating parties, I wouldn't go without my blades.. and once I outgrew my first pair, I wouldn't skate anywhere until I had new roller blades that would fit..

Just practice.. it's easy once you get the hang of it.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by h~chan

I've always thought roller blades were easier than skates..
I found the same thing, I've had skates since I was 3-4 then got roller blades at about 10 and found them much easier.

Makes more sense to me having a stopper on the back, I never could stop with skates having stoppers at the toe.

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll agree with the blades are easier crowd! I can roller-blade like nobody's business, but I can't skate to save my life!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww heck, i can't even ride a bike- no way i'm gonna rollar blade
i'll break my neck

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw hun, I know how you feel. I get on well with the proper four-wheel skates, but blades are a complete mystery to me! They are so hideously expensive, but I plan on investing in a pair, because there is a really nice beach front close to where DH and I live, so we can skate together in the summertime

forever_urs8019

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

can we switch feet? lol. at my old job (that i loved because of the money *Sonic*) i had to skate, and i have always skated on Roller Blades... but never go out in the rain in those.. you wil bust your butt soo hard. So for me to go back, i need to learn how to go on four skates =[ and i really want my job back. lol.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
it's kinda funny to see who does best on what. maybe I'll attempt...I think I need padding & a helmet though!!!! I'm very close to a bike path...I just don't want to carry them there and there is nothing for me to grab hold of. well I've got saturday off!

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

it's kinda funny to see who does best on what. maybe I'll attempt...I think I need padding & a helmet though!!!! I'm very close to a bike path...I just don't want to carry them there and there is nothing for me to grab hold of. well I've got saturday off!
Give it a try. Not only is easy once you get the hang of it but it's good exercise and a faster way to get places. Personally I prefer to bike but I roller blade ever once in a while.

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

I found the same thing, I've had skates since I was 3-4 then got roller blades at about 10 and found them much easier.
I think I tried blades before skates, and when I tried skates, I kept falling over.. but once I put blades on, I could stay in them for hours without any problem..

Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

aww heck, i can't even ride a bike
Wow, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I never learned to ride a bike.. once the training wheels came off when I was little, I kept falling over and I got scared, so I gave up.. haven't got the hang of it since..