I feel like a horrible meowmy!!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The vets office just called and said that when they opened up Miss Kitty she was full of pus!!
Palamatra??(sp?) Can someone please fill me in on this? I have never heard of this!!
I feel so bad for not knowing!!!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it this?

That's what Penny got, requiring an immediate spay, which is why I am now fortunate enough to be adopting her.

It's not that you're a bad Meowmy - there is nothing that can prevent this as far as they know.

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im not sure what the situation is... I plan to check the above link to find out, but I hope your kitty is ok and on her way to a speedy recovery! It is not your fault!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Is it this?

That's what Penny got, requiring an immediate spay, which is why I am now fortunate enough to be adopting her.

It's not that you're a bad Meowmy - there is nothing that can prevent this as far as they know.
I guess that would be it...I couldnt remember what she called it,lol...Im a dork like that....but still I feel bad for Miss Kitty.
I cant believe I didnt know! She had some signs awhile back of being in heat possibly but thats what I thought it was. Damn it! I am a bad meowmy!!

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's no way you could have expected that, and it doesn't make you a bad kitty mom. After all if you were a bad kitty mom, she still wouldn't be at the vets office (I mean taken to the vets yet, as opposed to still spending time there)

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did she have to have her uterus and ovaries removed...as suggested in the link posted above? If not are you going to spay her?

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by trixie23

Did she have to have her uterus and ovaries removed...as suggested in the link posted above? If not are you going to spay her?
Thats why I took her to the vet in the first place......
was to get spayed. And then they found that.....

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww the poor baby! Is she on antibiotics? Were they able to remove her ovaries and such or does she need to be healed first? Trying to learn sorry for all the questions!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatsAreBetter

There's no way you could have expected that, and it doesn't make you a bad kitty mom. After all if you were a bad kitty mom, she still wouldn't be at the vets office (I mean taken to the vets yet, as opposed to still spending time there)
not all cats get it, even after going years without being spayed.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw sweetie, you're not a bad meowmy, not at all!! If you were a bad meowmy, you wouldn't have taken her to the vet at all....

BIG squidges for you and Miss Kitty

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You couldn't have done anything to prevent it, but you DID do something to stop it from harming her even if you didn't know anything was wrong. You got her spayed. By the time they show signs of pyometria, it's a real emergency - life threatening, even. So...you're a GOOD Meowmy!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

You couldn't have done anything to prevent it, but you DID do something to stop it from harming her even if you didn't know anything was wrong. You got her spayed. By the time they show signs of pyometria, it's a real emergency - life threatening, even. So...you're a GOOD Meowmy!

You are a great meowmy! You aren't psychic - you couldn't know!

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww you are a wonderful mommy to your kitties..don't beat yourself up about it..there is no way you could have known about it..now she is being treated and getting better and that is all that matters..Many hugs to you and Miss Kitty..

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Awwww Monica, how could you have known...is Miss Kitty home now?
Nope, not yet. I will go get her later today....thanks for asking
They said I got her there just in time!!!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, you're very lucky it seems!!! Good on you for getting her there and getting it done, I bet she'll feel a million times better now! Cats are very good at hiding when they're unwell, so there's nothing you could have done.

Hope she recovers fast!

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, you're not a bad meowmy, the problem is she can't talk.

You're a great meowmy for getting her there in time to save her life

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's no way you could have known that, sweetie. It's not your fault.
but thanks so much for getting her in right away.
I hope she is better soon!

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is no way you could have known. One of the cats my parents got had this. She had no symptoms. They showed us her uterus, and an actual size model of one, and it was almost twice the size! You did the right thing. Hope she feels better soon!