Any Ideas ??

loubylou

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, any advice on encouraging my pregnant girl to use the bed ive got ready for her , ive put a few blanket around also so there is a few different places within one room she could nest. Ive put her food and litter box in there to but she will eat her food them come straight out .She just keeps lying on the landin , i know she will find her own place but wonderin if there is anything to encourage her. thanks .

L

larks

food is good idea but litter tray might deter her, had to move my cat litter out of my room to landing to encourage cat to come in my room more. Dont think theres a set distance but I know cats dont like food and loo in same area. Good luck

kumbulu

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Larks is right. If you have the food and litter tray in one room, keep them as far apart from each other as possible. There's not a whole lot you can do to encourage her to use the place you want her to use but sometimes offering different types of boxes in the one room helps. Maybe prepare a low, larger box, a cardboard box put on it's side and one of the flaps taped up, so the kittens can't wander and even a cat travel cage left open and draped with a towel or sheet. All with a soft clean towel or blanket inside.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

loubylou

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for that i will try bigger box. Its so hard to know what to do but just trying to keep her comfortable.Thanks for both replys to this .( im a witler).

kumbulu

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What does a witler do?

I just wanted to add too, that cats can mate and become pregnant again as soon as a week after giving birth, so it's important to keep mumcat fully inside. Once the kittens are 8 weeks old, mumcat can be spayed. When the kittens are 10-12 weeks old, they are ready to go to their new homes.

loubylou

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kumbulu

What does a witler do?

I just wanted to add too, that cats can mate and become pregnant again as soon as a week after giving birth, so it's important to keep mumcat fully inside. Once the kittens are 8 weeks old, mumcat can be spayed. When the kittens are 10-12 weeks old, they re ready to go to their new homes.
(slange for worrier) sorry. will get her spayed soon as possible. Thanks

kumbulu

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's OK. We're from all over the world here so there's many words we say that others aren't familiar with. Try explaining 'nappy' to an American LOL.

loubylou

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kumbulu

It's OK. We're from all over the world here so there's many words we say that others aren't familiar with. Try explaining 'nappy' to an American LOL.
I realised that when i put that on the thread.LOL. All well, they will all just think im wierd.its just my derbyshire talk(you forget).