yes kittens...i hear you loud & clear...but i can only feed you two at a time!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Would one of you lovely individuals please explaine to my darling little foster kittens that meowmy is only able to feed them two at a time. That sometimes, they must be patient while i feed their friends. They are not going to starve...i am going to feed them as soon as i can....but meowmy can not feed 4 infant kittens at the same time!
Uhhh pictures will follow soon in the pictures thread
They're gonna be little hell raises
I can tell already

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Would one of you lovely individuals please explaine to my darling little foster kittens that meowmy is only able to feed them two at a time. That sometimes, they must be patient while i feed their friends. They are not going to starve...i am going to feed them as soon as i can....but meowmy can not feed 4 infant kittens at the same time!
Uhhh pictures will follow soon in the pictures thread
They're gonna be little hell raises
I can tell already
What - you can't grow 2 more arms to go with the extra eyes that you'll need to grow in your head to keep up with the wee little beasties?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

What - you can't grow 2 more arms to go with the extra eyes that you'll need to grow in your head to keep up with the wee little beasties?
apparently i need to drink some miracle grow or something

Originally Posted by mybabyphx

Yeah are you kiddin me? You can only do 2 at a time? I thought you were....

SuPeR wOmAn!!!
Oh yeah- i learned how to do that a few years ago-you just bundle two up at a time...get the bottles in their mouths and kinda hold them in place - it's kinda hard to explaine....but it definitely works!!!! Especially for those early morning feedings

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
PICTURES ARE COMMING SOON!!!
I just snapped a few at their lunch time a minute ago
They're adorable!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You can feed two at once? I can hardly manage one!
Seriously, how do you two at once?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

You can feed two at once? I can hardly manage one!
Seriously, how do you two at once?
ok here's what you do - kinda hard to explaine over the net- i'll try to see if i can get a picture so you'll know what i'm talking about. Take one kitten and wrap it up snuggly into a blankie....then do the same with the other and put them in a blanket together so they're all snuggly but can't get away. then hold them under your arm (but do not tip them over on their tummies- they need to nurse kind of flat) hold them in place and in your other hand take one bottle- put it in one kittens mouth then prop it up against eithor a table/your chest at a 45degree angle- then do the same with the other kitties- once they both start to suckle hold both bottles in place with your hand and voila
two kitties nursing at once!!! Seriously cuts down on your late night feeding time!!! Try it!!

Originally Posted by jane_vernon

Surely you can feed the whole hoard at once
lol no way!!! i don't have enough hands for that

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Need to be able to feed more than two at a time huh?

Have you ever seen those crazy cow halloween costumes? the ones with the fake udder and teats.

It's too bad someone hasn't invented some sort of puppy and kitten feeder/bottle holder. Some sort of soft fuzzy/furry pillowed that you could push the bottle nipples though, and remove when the babies are done. It would be great for large litters or people that have to care for multiple litters.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had one litter of bottle babies back when I worked at the shelter. The guy I worked with came up with a solution to not being able to feed more than one at a time (I had 8). We went out and bought 8 bottles. He took a smallish box and cut 8 holes... 4 on each side. He angled the holes so that he could stick the bottles in the holes and the nipples would come out at kind of a downward angle for easy access. Put 4 kittens on each side and it worked GREAT! I wish I could remember the exact details and wish I had a picture or had kept it around. It was awesome.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

I had one litter of bottle babies back when I worked at the shelter. The guy I worked with came up with a solution to not being able to feed more than one at a time (I had 8). We went out and bought 8 bottles. He took a smallish box and cut 8 holes... 4 on each side. He angled the holes so that he could stick the bottles in the holes and the nipples would come out at kind of a downward angle for easy access. Put 4 kittens on each side and it worked GREAT! I wish I could remember the exact details and wish I had a picture or had kept it around. It was awesome.
What a wonderful idea!!!
Thankyou for sharing!!! I will DEFINITELY be trying that one!

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This brought a smile to my face almost four years ago I took in a litter of kittens dumped-was 6 but by two weks old 3 had died(6 screaming kittens was very loud!!!-especially since it was my first time hand raising). at about 3 weeks old shelby decided she MUST EAT NOW not after her brother so as a joke i gave her a bottle and she started to nurse laying half on top of it..since then she had to be first or have bottle passed before her two brothers. she drank so much more then her borthers but so little now
! I saw after i finsished raising them a snuggle kittie with a pouch you can put bottle in-smart idea for those hard to please(im sure the interaction of being held does them wonders of good tho)