WOMEN ONLY!! (And I mean that!!)

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
K ladies.....got a question for you. And Im not trying to be gross or too personal, but I need HELP!!

Have you ever suffered from a infection?(yes that kind)

I need help curing it!! I did the over night stuff and took a Diflucan as well. I am just miserable!!

Thanks for any help you can gimme!! And feel free to PM me as well....

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Diflucan ROCKS. Takes care of it for me within 24 hours. Use Vagasil to alleviate itching in the meantime.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your best bet is going to the Gyno. I had to use some cream junk at night (it was really messy and gross) for like a week and it cleared it right up.

cdubbie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
did that treatment work? If not, does it usually?

If you are referring to what I believe you mean...you need a gyn to diagnosis truly. There are two types of common recurring conditions "down there" - but most ppl assume it just the one they know of that has OTC treatmetns available. The other one (BV) does not - needs a script and/or cream.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you recently started any anti-biotics for anything. That is what usually causes me problems!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Diflucan ROCKS. Takes care of it for me within 24 hours. Use Vagasil to alleviate itching in the meantime.
Actually that burns.....

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Def. get some vagisil. and than off to the ladies doctor. I feel ya on the miserable. last time i had one..i got the symptoms at hubbys concert for the night. UGH .

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

Have you recently started any anti-biotics for anything. That is what usually causes me problems!
YESSS!! I am certain thats what did it!! I had my wisdom teeth out and was on med. for that!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

YESSS!! I am certain thats what did it!! I had my wisdom teeth out and was on med. for that!
Can you stop the meds?

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

Can you stop the meds?
I am done with them......have been since last umm, Wed or Thursday. I think I started getting this infection last week though.....

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I am done with them......have been since last umm, Wed or Thursday. I think I started getting this infection last week though.....
I always make sure I tell dr's not to give me penicillin - there are other things that work as well and I don't get the infections. Sorry I can't be more of a help?

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When I get antibiotics for UTI's which I get all the time I get that yuckyness from the meds my dr now knows that Ive gotta get like three scripts at a time cuz otherwise Ill be right back in the dr's off. a week later...Id def go to the dr and get a script its really the only way to can make sure your treating it correctly.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The overnight over the counter creams should work if its a yeast infection, which it probably is since you were on antibiotics. If you've never had one before, you should go to the gyn to make sure that's what it is. I have heard that the 3 day creams are more effective than the 1 day ones.

marishka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

That could def. be it. It kills all the bacteria in your body, even the good bacteria down there. I would stock up on some yogurt
and head to the dr. The stuff mine gives me always works better than OTC stuff.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Actually that burns.....
That's because you've been scratching and the skin is irritated. It is still the best stuff.

I am assuming (unlike the others) that you have already contacted your gyno, because in MA you can't get Diflucan without a prescription.

You just have to be patient. And DO NOT SCRATCH.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am surprised that Diflucan didn't work. Anytime I am given antibiotics I ask for Diflucan also. I would check with your doctor again.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

That's because you've been scratching and the skin is irritated. It is still the best stuff.

I am assuming (unlike the others) that you have already contacted your gyno, because in MA you can't get Diflucan without a prescription.

You just have to be patient. And DO NOT SCRATCH.
HAHA!! No scratching.....ughhh......why not??
Yes lets say I have done that, a bit much!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

HAHA!! No scratching.....ughhh......why not??
Yes lets say I have done that, a bit much!
I suppose an e-collar wouldn't be much help - should we get you soft paws?