Do you feel like you *know* the people here?

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do. I feel like you guys have been my buddies for a long time. Its crazy. People make fun of me for being on here so much but I know you guys. You are my friends and I like talking to you!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey - where else can us crazy cat people go to find empathy and understanding?

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think some people you "know" more then others. But I definately feel closer to some people here then I do with my "real life" friends. Maybe it has something to do with the cat bond or the animonity (sp?) of being on line not not always being face to face. Sometimes it is easier to open up more typing then talking.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

I do. I feel like you guys have been my buddies for a long time. Its crazy. People make fun of me for being on here so much but I know you guys. You are my friends and I like talking to you!
I totally agree with that!!
I love being here and being able to open up to you guys.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure...it is hard for me to open up to anyone, in real life or not. Lately I've been enjoying reading more than posting. But I am still enjoying it here!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

I do, obviously to a greater extent with some people than others as in real life nut I definitely feel that I *know* people here
Thats how I feel too

ddcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Same here as Jenny82Cat Mommy, (stupid me messed up, I wanted to quote Jenny82Cat Mommy)

If you read my previous posts, it's hard to find someone that shares the same interest as I do: especially cats. I did try to start some conversations but they went flat because the people I started conversations were not interested in cats/dogs/or gardening. So, I said, FORGET it, I have plenty to read, at least a lifetime worth so I just wait at sport practices and read in my car.

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I kind of do.. I've never talked to anyone on here outside of the forums.. through messenger or anything.. but there are several people that I've replied with back and forth in some threads.. so I feel like I "know" some of them.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I definately do..alot of members, not all members of course.

Its a nice feeling to know people, and have them know you to the point that you are meeting or chatting in IM.

I would really miss everyone if I lost my internet

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You mean you guys REALLY EXIST? I Haven't been dreaming this the whole time?
So then I'm NOT schizophrenic!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

You mean you guys REALLY EXIST? I Haven't been dreaming this the whole time?
So then I'm NOT schizophrenic!
Well....not for that reason anyway!

kitty24

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't have that yet, but I'm new here, I am sure I will get to know you all!

kittiesx2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jenny82

I'm not sure...it is hard for me to open up to anyone, in real life or not. But I am still enjoying it here!
I agree. I love being surrounded by people that share my love of animals but I'm a bit of a loner

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I havent been on here long so I havent developed that 'bond' with people like I would like to but on dailydrool I feel like I know everyone of the people on there better than some of my friends that I actually see. It is easier to open up to people through the comp and you dont feel like your being judged..its nice having that connection with people even if youve never met them face to face.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most of you haven't been here long enough to remember Bodlover, but she and I became wonderful friends. She is in the UK and I am in Canada. In fact, we have decided my boys (Kevin and Derek) are going to marry her girls Raynie and Megan) so we can be inlaws. So what it they are only little babies - people do arranged marriages all of the time!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

Most of you haven't been here long enough to remember Bodlover, but she and I became wonderful friends. She is in the UK and I am in Canada. In fact, we have decided my boys (Kevin and Derek) are going to marry her girls Raynie and Megan) so we can be inlaws. So what it they are only little babies - people do arranged marriages all of the time!
You sound like me! I have decided my neice will be best friends with my co workers daughter since they were born 2 weeks apart!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally can say I feel close to people on here. I read more than I post & find myself laughing out loud a lot. Where I worked no one was a cat lover and they wouldn't get my funny stories.