TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Do you feel like you *know* the people here?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Do you feel like you *know* the people here? - Page 2

post #31 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunasmom View Post
You mean you guys REALLY EXIST? I Haven't been dreaming this the whole time? So then I'm NOT schizophrenic!
HAHAHAHAH!!

Yeah I feel like I know the people here - maybe not well, but we do all have at least one common link through our little fur monsters. That's enough for me.
post #32 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pami View Post
This will just be a small hijack ......

This is some of the pics that are cats ..... and Jim is always saying "who is that cat?" LOL



but look there's Natalie and Trout and Jim definitely wanted to know "who is that girl?"



ok hijack over ......... sorry....
Awwww, you have my babies up there too! And the one of Harley & Davidson
post #33 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pami View Post
This will just be a small hijack ......

This is some of the pics that are cats ..... and Jim is always saying "who is that cat?" LOL



but look there's Natalie and Trout and Jim definitely wanted to know "who is that girl?"



ok hijack over ......... sorry....
Hey I have that pic of Nat and Trout, and Harley & Davidson on my fridge...you're better than me Pam you have yours framed
post #34 of 58
I'd be so lonely without you guys!!! Seriously....most of my friends have either moved away or they have lives! So ya'll are my outlet a lot of the time. Esp after work. (like right now!) Some people on here I do feel like I know. Some I hope to meet this summer!
post #35 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles View Post
I'd be so lonely without you guys!!! Seriously....most of my friends have either moved away or they have lives! So ya'll are my outlet a lot of the time. Esp after work. (like right now!) Some people on here I do feel like I know. Some I hope to meet this summer!
I feel the sameway. I only keep in touch with 2 people from work & that's maybe once a month. I had a falling out with all of my female friend for one reason or another. Mom would say it isn't healthy not to have RL friends but I just can't deal with girls. I would go nuts without this place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouts mom View Post
I always say, my friend in NC, or my friend in wherever...then if they ask where we met..I say online...then quickly follow with "I've met some of them you know"...

I really have only met one of you though
I really need to stop saying friends from online cause only DH understands. My MIL tunes me out when I say "oh the girl from online...".
post #36 of 58
I always feel welcome and in good company on this site.
post #37 of 58
I always feel soo at home on TCS The members are soo sweet and totally understand what it's like to share your life with your beloved furbabies. I think it's great to feel soo close and connected to a lot of the people on here- not everyone...but some of the ones i've really talked to a lot and gotten to know Yet another thing i love about TCS
post #38 of 58
Yes, I do!!! There are quite a few members that I have actually spoken to.........on the phone or on yahoo with head phones.I was lost while I was at the Hospital and couldn't even IM Nita,Nat, or anyone else.
post #39 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella713 View Post
Hey I have that pic of Nat and Trout, and Harley & Davidson on my fridge...you're better than me Pam you have yours framed
Helen do you have a space that is say 36x36 I'll send you one Framed But its going to be big, lots of kitties in it
post #40 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulena View Post
I do, athough I mostly read and don't post much. But, always enjoy all of pictures.
Hi Paulina! The pictures are my favorite, too
post #41 of 58
Well TCS is a great place to make friends , everyone is very friendly and helpful And basically if it weren't for you guys I wouldn't have any friends J/K, most of my friends are family and thats not the same thing at all. I have had a ball for the last 3 1/2 years getting to know some people better then others.. But I know everyone here is a Great caring person because We all Love Cats What better people are there A Big round of Applause for all of you
post #42 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfpint View Post
Helen do you have a space that is say 36x36 I'll send you one Framed But its going to be big, lots of kitties in it
Lots of space here for kitty pics Lois Send it on!!!
post #43 of 58
No. I don't presume to know someone until I've met them in person several times and have talked face to face.
post #44 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella713 View Post
Lots of space here for kitty pics Lois Send it on!!!
Me to I was going to be in it Then you won't have to get on here as much you can just look at my picture and have a good laugh
post #45 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca View Post
No. I don't presume to know someone until I've met them in person several times and have talked face to face.
I'm pretty suspicious, too... There are some people here who I know are real, but I always keep in mind that lots of people on the internet pretend to be someone they aren't.

But this is the best forum I've found; lots of kind souls here.
post #46 of 58
I don't feel like I know anyone well, yet. I tend to take forever to make friends, RL or online. There are some people whose views I admire or have something in common with and I will notice them on the threads. A few people have sent very sweet PMs With a tiny PM box though, I can't keep those PMs and tend to forget who sent what
And, no, I cannot become a premium member
post #47 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouts mom View Post
Thats like Neet and I..her dog Noah is actually my dog She always give me heck when he has to go out for a pee.
Which I just had to do and almost missed the start of AI...
post #48 of 58
Yup, DH laughs at me and doesn't get it at all! But I feel so close to a lot of you!
post #49 of 58
Bonnie... you can download your PMs as text and keep them forever! It's easy... just look for the option on your PM page. And if you have any trouble, just... PM me...
post #50 of 58
I'm a dork thank you

Back to the regularly scheduled thread
post #51 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittiesx2 View Post
I agree. I love being surrounded by people that share my love of animals but I'm a bit of a loner
I'm the same way. I'm an only child so I'm sure that has a lot to do with it. I am starting to get to know some people and hope to continue making new friends.
post #52 of 58
SW, your caution is well-founded. It is indeed a simple matter to misrepresent oneself online, and we would all be wise to bear that in mind.

Perhaps this is an opportune time to reveal my own deception. You've come to know me as an overweight middle-aged woman in Texas, sharing a house with my parents and six cats. But I am, in fact, a world-renowned xenolinguistics expert conducting the final phase of a groundbreaking study in human/feline communication. My findings will form the basis of an entirely new class of biotech-hybrid surveillance systems being developed for the American military. So on behalf of the Pentagon leadership, I'd like to express our appreciation to you and your cats for your contributions to national security.

In my spare time, I'm also a rock star. And I'm really 5'9", 120 pounds, and a stone fox!
post #53 of 58
I already knew during these 9 months that i was making good friends, even if we havent met irl or gossip. But after last night all the people who sent me gifts and messages i know i would be stupid to leave here or go to anyone else for help with my kitties or general chit chat.

post #54 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia View Post
SW, your caution is well-founded. It is indeed a simple matter to misrepresent oneself online, and we would all be wise to bear that in mind.

Perhaps this is an opportune time to reveal my own deception. You've come to know me as an overweight middle-aged woman in Texas, sharing a house with my parents and six cats. But I am, in fact, a world-renowned xenolinguistics expert conducting the final phase of a groundbreaking study in human/feline communication. My findings will form the basis of an entirely new class of biotech-hybrid surveillance systems being developed for the American military. So on behalf of the Pentagon leadership, I'd like to express our appreciation to you and your cats for your contributions to national security.

In my spare time, I'm also a rock star. And I'm really 5'9", 120 pounds, and a stone fox!
The men in black will be knocking on your door any minute for using the words "pentagon" and "american military" in a single post! Hide your cats!
post #55 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia View Post
SW, your caution is well-founded. It is indeed a simple matter to misrepresent oneself online, and we would all be wise to bear that in mind.

Perhaps this is an opportune time to reveal my own deception. You've come to know me as an overweight middle-aged woman in Texas, sharing a house with my parents and six cats. But I am, in fact, a world-renowned xenolinguistics expert conducting the final phase of a groundbreaking study in human/feline communication. My findings will form the basis of an entirely new class of biotech-hybrid surveillance systems being developed for the American military. So on behalf of the Pentagon leadership, I'd like to express our appreciation to you and your cats for your contributions to national security.

In my spare time, I'm also a rock star. And I'm really 5'9", 120 pounds, and a stone fox!
OMG me too!!!!! You could have JUST been talking about my life! We must be twins?!??!! Only I'm 110 pounds.

Anyway, I feel like I am welcome here and I know people, but I don't feel like I really KNOW people.

I'm not a premium member, and I know a lot of the bonding happens in the private lounge, and a lot of stuff is said there that isn't said in the public areas, and I think all the premium people are much closer because of that.

But that's fine, I enjoy what I get out of the cat site, which is telling everyone stories about my cats that nobody listens to and seeing and hearing about what everyone elses kitties are doing
post #56 of 58
Ha! No, Bonnie, considering some of the things I've said on open phone lines about the current administration, if the black helicopters haven't come for me by now, I figure I'm safe. They must be able to tell that, no matter how angry I get, I remain basically harmless.

Sarah -- 110, eh? Sheesh! Even my FANTASIES fall short...

Hey, but seriously, folks... I honestly think that, for the most part, it's easier to get a feel for the real person behind the posts here than it is to be sure who the people you work with every day really are.

That may be partly due to the nature of the site -- a place for people who have it in them to care deeply for animals. But I think it's also true that, although deception is easy online, the real allure of the internet is not the chance to be false, but the chance to be real!

It's such a pleasure to come here and be allowed to be who I am without the presumptions and expectations placed on me by the people in my "real" life, who see what I look like and where I live and what I drive, and assume that those things actually tell them something about me. Here, I'm judged by my interior. I really appreciate that.
post #57 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia View Post
Hey, but seriously, folks... I honestly think that, for the most part, it's easier to get a feel for the real person behind the posts here than it is to be sure who the people you work with every day really are.

That may be partly due to the nature of the site -- a place for people who have it in them to care deeply for animals. But I think it's also true that, although deception is easy online, the real allure of the internet is not the chance to be false, but the chance to be real!

It's such a pleasure to come here and be allowed to be who I am without the presumptions and expectations placed on me by the people in my "real" life, who see what I look like and where I live and what I drive, and assume that those things actually tell them something about me. Here, I'm judged by my interior. I really appreciate that.
You totally hit the nail on the head! I know that there are people out there that aren't who they say they are - and it has happened here. But for the most part, "real" people stick around here because it is such an incredible and caring community. TCS has a pretty long history for a "message board," and that has given lots of us a chance to actually get to know each other outside of TCS.

My biggest regret is that I haven't met any of you in person (yet!). But with the whole rescue thing, I've gotten involved with quite a number of people from TCS.

This is my refuge - my place to share, to give advice, to laugh with people I care about, to cry with people I care about, to provide support, to get support - and I worry and wonder about XYZ's dad, or ABC's job interview, and when I say I'm sending vibes, I send them! When I say I'm keeping someone in my prayers, I write it down on my prayer list.

There have been a number of times when I've felt like telling my family members that if they want to know what's going on in my life, they should join TCS!

I talk about you guys to the point where Gary knows quite a number of you! And I'm one of those who's talked to a bunch of you on the phone and had dealings with you outside of the boards or PMs here.

Anne and the initial mods and admin made TCS the special place that it is. So it draws in special people. Why wouldn't I care about you and want to get to know you?



to all,

Laurie
post #58 of 58
I just read a lot, but I believe I can tell who you are as a person from what I read. I hope I can open up more soon.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Do you feel like you *know* the people here?