Rubbing!!!

claire1973

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Bit embarrasing but need some guidance here!

Have posted something similar before but really need some help now!

Humphrey kneads everything, that I dont have a prob with, but after some kneading he then starts to rub his "BITS"!!!!!! Dont know why he does it, but he does it ALL the time. It well embarrasing it looks like he is "humping" it, pardon the pun!!!! LOL

Please give me some ideas guys!!!!!

Claire

xxxxxxxxxx

lynsgems

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Claire,

You say you've posted something similar before, so I'll assume you didn't get an answer?

My question to you - is Humphrey neutered yet? If he's not, then once you remove the hormones out of his system, this should stop.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

claire1973

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hiya

Thanx for replying

Yes I have had him neutred, I had him done at 5 months old, he now just over a year old. When I posted before people suggested getting him "rubbing" cushions or toys, but I cant bring myself to do that. I just cant work out why he does it. The kids find it so funny and proudly show everyone how he does it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course everyone falls about laughing but im past the funny stage now and constantly find myself telling him to stop! My mum asked the other night when she was here what he was doing!!!!! I was like hmmmmmmmm......

He was not taken away from his mum early, I got him at around 14-18 weeks old, vet could not say for def how old he eactly was!!!!!! He does have siamese in him so when he kneads he makes funny sounds as well.

Dont get me wrong I love his personality and how he is, but I just not that happy that he does this every time he kneads!!! At present that alot of the time now!!!

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this

Thanks soooooooooooo much, dont know what I would do without you guys as you have helped me so much before!

Claire
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LynsGems

My question to you - is Humphrey neutered yet? If he's not, then once you remove the hormones out of his system, this should stop.
Actually, no, neutered cats hump also. I don't know why they would have the urge to, but they do it. Twinkie occasionally does it on Rocket. And I've seen neutered cats in shelters do it.

Claire, if the behavior disturbs you, you can just discourage it. Shove the cat away and don't pay any attention to him for a while when he does that. Cats crave attention and if they know something they're doing will get them ignored, they might lose the motive to continue doing it.

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by coaster

Actually, no, neutered cats hump also. I don't know why they would have the urge to, but they do it. Twinkie occasionally does it on Rocket. And I've seen neutered cats in shelters do it.
Yes, that's true...neutered cats can do that too.

I think the real "urge" is gone, but all it takes is for them to accidentally find out that their "bits" still work, and then they will want to do it again and again, because it feels good.

I'm not sure what to suggest that hasn't been mentioned already.

claire1973

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys!!

I will keep discouraging it and hopefully this will stop him, fingers crossed!

Claire

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He'll keep doing it because it feels good and it's natural to him. You will probably just confuse him and make him fear you if you keep scolding him.

Really, he has no moral imperative to stop, at best you may be able to discourage him from doing it in your presence.

Maybe he's bored?

claire1973

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hiya

I dont think it because he bored as we play with him constantly, well the kids tire him out!!!! lol

He seems to do it when he ready to settle down and have a sleep, I think its a comfort thing with him I really do. He will only do it on the rug and not anywhere else ie. my bed, thank god!!!!!