New Cat.. ;-) Well.. Not new.. but new here.

weirdire

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Everyone.. Introducing, for your pleasure and approval...

Bastet Otep, but we call him bastet for short. ;-)

Now.. if I could ask you all a question. ;-).. And I didn't see a forum specifically for this, but here goes.

What kind of cat is he?

Our newest Vet has, correctly I hope, identified him as a Mau.

The above picture does not show his spots very well, but they are there, and there are plenty of them, trust me. ;-)

From doing some reading on the net, he's got a lot of Mau characteristics, such as the temperment, the speed (He tears through the house at mach when chasing anything), He's got the "mascara" around the eyes that the Mau's have, he has the banded tail and legs that mau's have... etc etc.. I'll see if I can't find some better pictures of him.. But could anyone off the top say if it's even possible that he's a mau?

Here's a slightly better picture:

Full Sized: Warning: 2048x1536 image
Many Thanks. ;-)
Bastet's Humble Servant.

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. Someone will be around shortly to help answer your question..I am not sure what breed he is. Thanks for the pictures..your kitties are lovely.

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!

Your kitties are adorable.
He almost looks like some kind of tabby.. but I could be wrong. I'm sure someone will have an answer for you soon.

See you around the forums!

L

larks

I'm deffinetly not a cat expert but he looks like a bengali to me, we recently got a part bengali cat and the spots do look similar, try googling bengali images and see what u think

Hope this helps cos had quick browse on google and tbh the mau and bengali look v similar to me, maybe i got the wrong piccys, anyways this is ours that we're certain is part bengali: (first time at pics so hope their out ok)

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hello and a warm welcome to you and your adorable fur-family, and yes we certainly approve

Theres lots to do and see, it soon becomes a bit of an addiction, but don't worry you are in good company

Glad you dropped in to join us and keep those photos coming, we just love photos too

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just wanted to welcome you to TCS. You might want to post a pic of Bastet in the breeders section and ask them ..... Breeders Corner

He is soooooooooo adorable and I love the smile on his face. Are the kitties in the 2nd pic your cats too?

mirage

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Could be. Nice spots. Has that "Mau" look to his head. He looks very pleased with himself (as well he should). He's a regal looking cat, in any case.

Mirage

oogieone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't know what kind of cat he is but he is precious! Welcome Bastet and Bastet's Humble Servant.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
unless you have papers/lineage for him, he's a domestic shorthair. may look like a Mau, may even have some of the genes for one... but wouldn't be called one. i'd call him a DSH black spotted tabby. there's a great link about tabby patterns here.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

weirdire

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you all for the kind words and warm welcome.

Yes.. All 4 of them are family members, all 100% indoor cats.

Here they are in order that we got them (all 3 Rescue's, 1 adopted)

1: Angel. Rescue.
We had to bottle feed him forumla until he was old enough to eat solo. The only survivor of his liter, abandoned by mom. ;-(

Next is:
2: Amber. Another rescue cat. Sort of. She followed us home on a halloween and just never left. Her elevator dosent go all the way up, and shes a polydactyl.

Next... Presenting B.K. (Originally Baby Kitty, so named by our daughter, but now... BK == Big kitty). Again, a rescue kitty.

And finally, a different shot of Bastet. ;-) (the only "adopted" cat of the bunch)

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im not sure about the breed but your cats are gorgeous and welcome to TCS! Love your poly I have one myself... Yay to the poly's!!!!!!!

tiffanyl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS! Your furbabies are adorable!

I was wondering, what exactly does this mean? I could be just dense.

Originally Posted by Weirdire

Her elevator dosent go all the way up, and shes a polydactyl.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

weirdire

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Let's see.

Her engine isn't firing on all cylinders.
Her lights are on, but everyones on vacation.
A few cards short of a full deck, etc etc. ;-)

Sweet, adorable... but you can almost see a painful expression on her face when she gets an original thought. ;-)

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Weirdire

Let's see.

Her engine isn't firing on all cylinders.
Her lights are on, but everyones on vacation.
A few cards short of a full deck, etc etc. ;-)

Sweet, adorable... but you can almost see a painful expression on her face when she gets an original thought. ;-)
LMAO too funny! I think it is a poly thing! My Tiger is the same way!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there
we're so happy to get the chance to welcome you and your gorgeous fur -family to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions