Poor hubby - cooking disaster!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My DH is the cook in our family - I maybe cook once every 2-3 months. He is an excellent cook and takes pride in preparing lovely meals for our family.

Well, last night he was preparing one of our favs - Honey Garlic, Chicken and Beef Chow Mein (also has onions, bean sprouts, water chessnuts, mushrooms). He spent so much time chopping, marinating and cooking, but it had to be tossed! The bean sprouts had gone all earthy and bad. Problem was they smelled fine until they were cooked - and they were the last thing added! They made everything taste horrible. I was planning on having the left overs for lunch, but I didn't even get any for dinner!

He was soooo upset and worked soooo hard! It means a lot to me that he makes such an effort!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol he does better then me. If it was not for a microwave, i would die of hunger
oh wait i can cook a mean egg!!!!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

lol he does better then me. If it was not for a microwave, i would die of hunger
I second that! I would go nuts though if I was drooling over a meal and one thing ruined it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

I second that! I would go nuts though if I was drooling over a meal and one thing ruined it.
I know - I was looking forward to leftovers today too. Urgh!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

I know - I was looking forward to leftovers today too. Urgh!
You should order out tonight to satisfy that craving

kaleetha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

Hee hee.... when I read this....

Eggs aren't mean! They're good for you, and very nice if you talk nicely to them.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program....

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That had to be a MAJOR downer for all concerned, but especially for the chef. He deserves a big
for keeping you all well fed anyway, but especially when the last ingredient spoils the whole meal and his efforts.

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awww how crappy..Im the cook in my family. David cant even read the back of a hamburger helper box to make something let alone make chicken corn soup from scratch or anything. But he does cook some yummy scrambled eggs..lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am lucky - hubby is a great cook who like to experiment! I hate cooking - I bake!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a bummer for both of you!! However he gets an "A' for effort!