PC Vent

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think my pc is dying! First my keyboard just stopped working. Then I turned the pc off for 20 minutes and when I restarted it's making this aweful sound. I tried to back up some data but I forget how to burn to a CD & all the files are bigger than the disc I have. I hate this cause I am going to worry about all my data until 5pm when DH gets home. Thank goodness we have a hard drive that I haven't used yet but we don't know what the problem is. I hope it's not the motherboard. I can deal with the power supply but motherboards are so expensive. Yikes! I am going through withdrawl from not having my OWN computer to use. I feel helpless on DH's pc.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yikes - I am sending vibes to your PC to be ok - nothing like a big crash to make life miserable! Good luck.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My motherboard went out on my work computer. Yuck! It was a mess! I lost everything.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

My motherboard went out on my work computer. Yuck! It was a mess! I lost everything.
That would be the hard drive. Actually of all the things the worst is the hard drives going cause I would lose all my pictures and games. If it's the motherboard I will just have to spend kudos of money to replace it. Since I am a gamer I need close to top of the line performance. I have a feeling it's the power supply cause it was humming loudly for awhile now but we were just hanging in there for now. So much for buying a new monitor now.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No it was the motherboard. When they replaced it it caused me to lose everything. A lot of the Dell's we have had that problem. Our guys don't know how to back files up right. My comp. would black out when i would delete e-mail and I would have to restart it.

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
check the master cooler. When it broke on my dell it made the most awfull sound ive ever heard a computer make it actually fell off and hit the fan. Sounded like pieces were flying all over (found out they were).
Also called dell and they said we would have to replace the mother board. ALl it was that broke was the plastic piece that it was hooked on to well since warrenty was out 10 days before we super glued it. Works great lol!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by april31

check the master cooler. When it broke on my dell it made the most awfull sound ive ever heard a computer make it actually fell off and hit the fan. Sounded like pieces were flying all over (found out they were).
Also called dell and they said we would have to replace the mother board. ALl it was that broke was the plastic piece that it was hooked on to well since warrenty was out 10 days before we super glued it. Works great lol!
I have such bad luck with PC's. Even though it's DH's forte he seems to break pieces in mine like the master cooler. The last one he went to replace he broke the clip. Thankfully he replaced everything for me for free (we weren't together then.) I am too chicken to open it up. LoL
I feel like an idiot not remembering how to burn stuff. I used to do it all the time.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tigerdirect.com is your friend.
bulit a dual core system 2.8 for about 500dollars
the video card was different story that was about 400 alone.
sorry for what your wrote, i cant really help i wish you alot of luck

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

tigerdirect.com is your friend.
bulit a dual core system 2.8 for about 500dollars
the video card was different story that was about 400 alone.
sorry for what your wrote, i cant really help i wish you alot of luck
Is that better than Newegg? That's where DH does most of his shopping.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

Is that better than Newegg? That's where DH does most of his shopping.
both about the same, some times one will have a lower price then the other.
i have gotten stuff from both with no issues.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oooooo DH is mad at me. We were going to upgrade both our PC's with our tax return but his died and I didn't want to spend all that money. Well my pc is about dead, all but the HD. He isn't in the mood to mess with it. He made me laugh. Anyway he has been looking on newegg & this is what we may get:

ECS KA3 MVP (V1.0A) Socket AM2 AMD 580X CrossFire ATX AMD Motherboard -

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ Windsor 2.8GHz Socket AM2 Processor Model ADA5600CZBOX -

CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN2X2048-6400 -

EVGA 256-P2-N615-TX GeForce 7600GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card -

Thermaltake Purepower RX W0142RU ATX12V 500W Cable Management / Active PFC / 14CM Fan / Triple +12V Rails Power Supply -

For abut $630. All I know is my processor will be better than DH's which makes him feel salty.

Now I just have to wait for the shipment which will probably be next Tuesday. I will get to use his laptop in the meantime but it's still not the same. He is blasting my HD once I backup my data.