KatKwiz #41 - Double Day, Two Winners. 500 points each.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Question number one is only for those with 700 posts or more.

Name a TCS advisor for feral information

Question number two is only for those with less than 700 posts.

What are the pixel and KB limitations on creating your siggy (signature)

Note: KatKwiz will be on vacation from May 11 through May 28.
On May 29, KatKwiz will be back, spinning even more points into bank accounts!

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LDG!!! (for question one!)

I found this by going to the `Caring for Strays and Ferals' sub-forum and clicking on the stickies. I know Hissy used to be a Mod so I went to the next sticky (here's the link) and LDG was the author, and she has a TCS Advisor badge under her name.

You could also go to announcements and click on the `new advisors' post (link here) but that's a bit time consuming...plus a newer member wouldn't really know to look there.

I think the most obvious way to go would be to visit the sub-forum itself, which is how I found it in two steps!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
click Cat Forums
scroll to the bottom
click view forum leaders
scroll to advisors
click HouseofCats
read profile TCS Feral Advisor

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

click Cat Forums
scroll to the bottom
click view forum leaders
scroll to advisors
click HouseofCats
read profile TCS Feral Advisor
No way I never knew you could do that! I've often wondered if you could see a list of the `staff' of TCS. Now I know! This quiz really does help people find their way around the site

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The contest closes at 8:03. Hint: Somebody can win 500 points between now and then. Can you beat or give a better answer

Tomorrow's question will be winner take all, 1,000 points!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Click on TheCatSite.com Forums at the top of the page
Scroll down to where it says View Forum Leaders- Click on the link.
Click on LDG under Advisors

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like that feature and I think it would be great if (as with the moderators) it was listed next to each advisor what their speciality is. Otherwise you could click on four or five different ones until you get the one you're after. With the mods it has the forum they moderate next to them in another column.

Also, I didn't realise there were `Super Mods'

Go Stephanie and Wyyyyyann!

mom_2_3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
~I stayed off this one today...didnt even attemt to search for the answer haha congrads 2 the winners....but tomorrow...yup watch out cuz if Im on and see it Imah take them points home...got a few teddys and paci's to give out in the kitten forum!~

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mom_2_3

~I stayed off this one today...didnt even attemt to search for the answer haha congrads 2 the winners....but tomorrow...yup watch out cuz if Im on and see it Imah take them points home...got a few teddys and paci's to give out in the kitten forum!~
Y'all better be watching for today's (#42) winner take all 1000+ point game. It will be the last one until May 29.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerOnTheProwl

The answer for #2 is 30 KB or 150 pixels.

Clicks:
1. Forum jump to The Signature Shop
2. Click on the thread called Posting a Signature at TCS
You are today's winner. But you did not supply the pixel width of 640 so somebody else could have came along and supplied that and won. But, everybody wanted you to win so you are a KatKwiz Whiz of the Day! 500 points for you.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!

LDG!!! (for question one!)

I found this by going to the `Caring for Strays and Ferals' sub-forum and clicking on the stickies. I know Hissy used to be a Mod so I went to the next sticky (here's the link) and LDG was the author, and she has a TCS Advisor badge under her name.

You could also go to announcements and click on the `new advisors' post (link here) but that's a bit time consuming...plus a newer member wouldn't really know to look there.

I think the most obvious way to go would be to visit the sub-forum itself, which is how I found it in two steps!
I had to consult with LDG about this one because I was having a terrible time deciding who won this part. But YOU are the KatKwiz Whiz of the Day.
adymarie supplied some very valuable information however, and that was the point of this question, to draw attention to the list of advisors and moderators that I am sure our newer members do not know exist as well as some of our older members. The final bit of information that gave you the points is that houseofcats is no longer an active advisor if you click on her profile and then click on see all posts by houseofcats. LDG is the feral advisor. And once again, although you found it logically faster, adymarie supplied the information that I was wanting to get out. This is why I am so late in awarding these 500 points, we did not want to give them to the wrong person.

OK, watch for KatKwiz #42. It will be worth OVER ONE THOUSAND POINTS and one winner wins it all! It will also be the last KatKwiz until May 29.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG THANK YOU!! I thought I had lost it for sure when adymarie posted - hers provided a much more comprehensive way to view ALL the leaders here. I am rapt thank you!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congrats Sarah!

And Ady - I didn't know about that function either!

The only problem with it, as Sarah pointed out, is that it doesn't list in which forums the advisors are actually advising - and as members of TCS, we post in most if not all of them. I agree - it would be nice if the forum was included in the advisor list as it is for the mods.

And, in fact, TNR1 is an active advisor - but I'm not sure if she's technically an advisor in the ferals forum, or if she's technically an advisor in the Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care. Not that it matters - she has lots of great advice for ferals and strays in general.

Laurie

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!

OMG THANK YOU!! I thought I had lost it for sure when adymarie posted - hers provided a much more comprehensive way to view ALL the leaders here. I am rapt thank you!
sigh....I'll get you next time my pretty!!!

Seriously - congrats! I just went in my way and started clicking on the names of the advisors from the top and picked the 1st one that said "Feral" advisor