Do you have conversations with your cats?

kaleetha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have to say.... I love how all my cats talk to me. I just walked in the Kitchen and said Hello to Toulouse... he always chatters right back. I have mock convos with him about how terrible Kanoe and Captain are for either not playing with him or for pouncing on him. He just chatters on back.... sometimes I just want to melt with love for these purrbabies. Kanoe and Captain talk less, but Kanoe will usually trill for a bit, and Captain "Mawt's" back at me.

What kind of conversations do you have with your cats?

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol oh yea, heyu talks all the time, she not one for being a lap cat.
but she will sit next to me, and talk and talk. lol and she likes to yell alot.
like when i kicked her out of bed the other morning.

also she was a very bad influance on the other cats, the wife cat never did meow however after a couple of months ,, he has starting to meow..

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I talk to my kids all the time! Buffy's the only one who answers back, though (Molly will usually only answer back if she's calling for me, wondering where I am). In fact, I took a video yesterday of Buffy being a naughty girl (getting into the shelves of food just for her bag of kibble that I won't let her have). Initially she doesn't really "answer back," she mostly just interrupts me when I'm speaking. But near the middle she speaks only to help reinforce what I'm scolding Jake for, and near the end she starts answering back to me.

Watch out near the end, though. She literally plants her face right into the microphone and squawls. My ears are still ringing from watching it at youtube, lol

debbie05

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yes i always make convo with my cat millie and she always answers lol she is such a doll and such a loving family member she is spoilt rotten i miss her not being downstairs to long we all feel lost without her presence but her babies has to come first but i go up at least ever hour and talk to her and the babies and she loves every min of it x

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I talk all the time to Nikita and she often answers back. I think she has even changed the tone of a few of her meows to fit in better with how I speak. It's rather amusing.

ddcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am always holding conversations with my girls! Here is a sample:

Mittens, stop being a bad kitty and leave Cassy alone. Mittens: Meoorooowww, runs.

Cassandra, why don't you stick up for yourself! Cassy: Because I don't have claws and she does!

Mittens, do you want Mommy to put you in time out? Mittens: Meoorooowww, runs.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I talk to them all the time, I sing, I discuss dinner plans (theirs and mine). Usually I don't get too much response, although I did know it was time to stop singing when Bella started wailing back
She also talks to whatever toy she's mutilating at the moment and if I chirp to her she will chirp back to me (and the toy).

Stan only talks when he wants food.

chromodactyl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
PS Kitten is a little maniac.
She talks all te time non stop-shoould get her a job in a call centre,
she has diferent voices for her various demands
She will run into rooms dramatically shouting whatever happens to be on her mind at the time and expect everyone to stop what they are doing and listen to her daily aggrevations

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup and they talk back. Sometimes I get better conversations out of them then I do from my hubby or 2 year old! Merlin is very chatty - for a Tuxedo cat he sure has a voice like a Siamese!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ferris: Mew?

Me: What, Ferris?

Ferris: MEW?

Me: What do need, baby boy?

Ferris: MeeUUUU!

Me: No Ferris, you can't have a snackie right now, you just had one a little while ago.

Ferris: RrrrOW!

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I talk to my girls all of the time, especially when I get home from work. I tell them how my day was. Then I tell them how their day was

Jazz - Meowmy I slept, got up turned around and went back to sleep, then I used the litter box and went back to sleep

Maggs -

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I didn't talk to them I would go insane! Molly & I talk all the time about her wanting treats every 30 minutes. Lucky & I talk about how special he is (when nana was dying at home he slept with her 24/7 and the other cats hid). I usually am yelling at Benson or lecturing him.

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mostly, my conversations with my cats take the form of "Ozzie/Spikie, whatchu doin'? Are you bein' a kitty-cat?" and other inane babbling. They don't talk back (unless we're in the kitchen, their food is being prepared, and we're taking too long for their liking ... then we get an earful!).

Sometimes, if I have something I just need to talk out (with myself), I'll talk to my cats about it. They still don't reply to me, but they do watch and listen very intently. It's nice to have someone who can be a completely silent sounding board -- they're not going to judge me or feel compelled to try to "solve" my problems. They just listen.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
all the time! Pandora, Circe and Sapphy are the ones that answer back, occasionally I can get Hades to talk to me, and for being such a screamer for 2 straight weeks when I got him, Poseidon hasn't said a word in months
I also talk to my dog a lot to, he just looks at me like "I cannot understand a word you are saying"

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's really funny that this is brought up.... When me and my boyfriend are talking about something serious/ or arguing... PHX will sit there and watch us and every once in awhile will throw in his 2 cents. My boyfriend will then look at him and say "Don't judge me kitty" LOL OMG how can I be mad at my boyfriend after that? Me and PHX talk all the time, mind you he's a siamese mix, but he never lets me fit in a word especially if he's telling me about his water dish, food, kitty litter box, or some other thing.. he will interrupt me!