TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › A busy week ahead, and VERY NERVOUS
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A busy week ahead, and VERY NERVOUS

post #1 of 23
Thread Starter 
Ok so tommarrow its time to get my nails done for the wedding which is SATERDAY See the only issue I have with that is I got to do 2 readings and a blessing what ever that is (Does anyone here know??) and also my SIL's family lives in WV but its only an hour drive and they arent coming to the rehersal and my SIL told them u know come and just stay over ecs since our Parkway is a mess because of construction which takes place mostly on friday nights and the weekends! Well no one wants to do that, so I am going to have to explain what to do at this wedding I dont have any idea how I am getting my hair done either, and neither does my SIL!

And...

Thursday...the thing thats making me a nervous wreck I have to go present my senior project...man am I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NERVOUS! My mom told me imagine that I am talking to her just don't add the cuss words Thing is she will be there thankfully, she also said imagine my niece and nephews there, I was thinking hmm...maybe I should just take one of them there! But its soo hard to take just one of them u know they all want to come hang out with me !!

Not only that but I emailed my teacher over the weekend and she hasn't emailed me back...now I emailed her a very important question asking about my power point! I had decided that I would make up a brochure and then on my power point put some kids pictures that were victims of child abuse but didn't survive it, and I didn't want to put any of the info down because I thoiught it would be better if the judges actually seen the pictures as I explained the situations to them!!

So tomarrow I will be crazy...and expect a post about it maybe

And then Friday is the rehersal...and I am a lil upset we arent getting fed

IT is soo funny because I am not that worried about this wedding that much...I am just sooo nervous about thursday

Also my SIL's twin sister said she is soo stressed from the wedding mind u all she has to do is walk up the isle my SIL was like what does she have to be stressed about! Here I am reading in front of everyone at the church and I have to come up with a blessing at the reception which will have tons more people and I have no idea what to say!

WHY CANT THIS WEEK BE OVER
post #2 of 23
phew !! I'm drained just reading all that stuff

Well I am sure you'll get all the things done and everything will be just fantastic
Take a minute or two out for a reality check - always helps me to slow down now and then then off you go again..........

Enjoy !
post #3 of 23
lol i vote for just stay home and play with the kitties.
post #4 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimp98 View Post
lol i vote for just stay home and play with the kitties.
I wish I could do that TRUST ME

Now its time to type up my brochure....EXCEPT I DON"T have publisher..

what kind of school gives u a computer without microsoft publisher...I have everything else microsoft even outlook Any one know of a different program I could use I don't wanna make a power point my heart was set on this brochure
post #5 of 23
lol wish i could help you, but i am at work.
hmm add lib with microsoft word
post #6 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimp98 View Post
lol wish i could help you, but i am at work.
hmm add lib with microsoft word
I been trying to figure out how to do that for a week now So here I am doing a power point and well I have 2 many slides, that why i was doing a brochure Now I am trying to figure out why I have microsoft access on here I dont even know what that is I mean all the info is pretty much my paper put onto more paper but because there is so much to tell if I do a power point I don't know what to add let alone if I have a brochure than they have information that they can read without me presenting it and now going over the time limit of 15 minutes! And also my slide doesnt have a lot of pictures, how can u put pictures for child abuse you know what I mean! To much to do in a day
post #7 of 23
You could work in Gimp... it's like photoshop but it's free software instead of non-free.

You are going to be fine!! Take a deep breath, close your eyes for a minute and then pet a kitty.

I think just the pictures of kids on the Power Point would be very powerful. I'm GTAing a power point presentation class, and believe me, words get used too much.

For a blessing: I just read what a minister sent us and it's beautiful. He talks about experiencing magic moments, life, and forgiving each other.

You might also look up the Irish blessing (May the wind be ever at your back...) and see if you get some ideas from that.

Good luck!
post #8 of 23
Take a moment and just breathe!

How about this:

Apache Wedding Blessing - Marriage Prayer

Now you will feel no rain,
for each of you will be shelter for the other.

Now you will feel no cold,
for each of you will be warmth for the other.

Now there is no more loneliness.

Now you are two persons,
but there is only one life before you.

May your days together be good and long
upon the earth.
post #9 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by adymarie View Post
Take a moment and just breathe!

How about this:

Apache Wedding Blessing - Marriage Prayer

Now you will feel no rain,
for each of you will be shelter for the other.

Now you will feel no cold,
for each of you will be warmth for the other.

Now there is no more loneliness.

Now you are two persons,
but there is only one life before you.

May your days together be good and long
upon the earth.
I LOVE that blessing!

Here are few links I found for blessings (including the Apache blessing)...hope it helps!

http://www.enotalone.com/article/4432.html
http://www.momwiz.com/porch/wedding.htm
post #10 of 23
Wow girlie!! You need a breather!! Take time to breathe!!


.
post #11 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimp98 View Post
lol i vote for just stay home and play with the kitties.


OMG you do have a lot on your plate. Good Luck to you and Im sure it will all work out. Just remember when you present your senior project, NO CUSSING!!!
post #12 of 23
Im so lost and confused because there is so much frustration expressed in your thread! Breathe? This is probably a dumb question but your getting married or are you a maid of honor... Must explain cuz now I am stressed and frustrated!!!
post #13 of 23
I think you can download a trial version of the newest MS Office products...I think it was a 30 day free trial, before they want you to spend a fortune.

off topic but I'm from Pittsburgh originally.
post #14 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by adymarie View Post
Take a moment and just breathe!

How about this:

Apache Wedding Blessing - Marriage Prayer

Now you will feel no rain,
for each of you will be shelter for the other.

Now you will feel no cold,
for each of you will be warmth for the other.

Now there is no more loneliness.

Now you are two persons,
but there is only one life before you.

May your days together be good and long
upon the earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by calico2222 View Post
I LOVE that blessing!

Here are few links I found for blessings (including the Apache blessing)...hope it helps!

http://www.enotalone.com/article/4432.html
http://www.momwiz.com/porch/wedding.htm
Thanx, are those the appropriate things for the reception (I have never been to a wedding before And none of us have a clue on this, but thanx me and my SIL will def be looking at those
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pami View Post


OMG you do have a lot on your plate. Good Luck to you and Im sure it will all work out. Just remember when you present your senior project, NO CUSSING!!!
I know...I also got to work on not saying and umm... a lot


But on a good note I am working on my brochure now, I called my brother this morning and said "do u have publisher" so I came over after we went and got our nails done! Mind you its going to be almost 80degrees tomarrow, I better get some credit for wearing a suit

But it was time for a break, and well we cooked pizza
post #15 of 23
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/pr...741481033.aspx download whichever ones you want to try. It's 60 free trial period for 2007 office/professional.
post #16 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatsAreBetter View Post
I think you can download a trial version of the newest MS Office products...I think it was a 30 day free trial, before they want you to spend a fortune.

off topic but I'm from Pittsburgh originally.
ya it got to complicated for me I tried the free trial it just didn't work out that well for me So now I am trying to do it with three kids here

O that cool ur from Pittsburgh Did u have to do this when u were in school? Probably not huh? My oldest brother was laughing at me because it wasn't PA state requirements yet
post #17 of 23
Nope, didn't have to do a senior project. I graduated in '90, though. I graduated from Shaler.

You could make a list and then just do the things on the list so you feel like you're on schedule *and* getting things accomplished.

What are you planning on doing to your hair? And what part are you in the wedding... and.. who was it getting married?
post #18 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatsAreBetter View Post
Nope, didn't have to do a senior project. I graduated in '90, though. I graduated from Shaler.

You could make a list and then just do the things on the list so you feel like you're on schedule *and* getting things accomplished.

What are you planning on doing to your hair? And what part are you in the wedding... and.. who was it getting married?
Well...the hair is still unknown"dun dun dun" ! I am going to have to search tonite for that, not only for me but my SIL as well! And well I am a bridesmaid and I got to do 2 readings there, and at the reception I have to bless the food I guess So confused on that part And its my brother and his wife who are already married, but they want to get married in the church!
post #19 of 23
Well, you can do a number of updos.. some of them are really easy and turn out really nice...

The Apache reading is really nice. Irish blessings are also nice, and there's a few different ones. They vary in length too so you can use one for the reception, which I think is what I would do.... keep the longer ones for the church and a shorter for the reception, just sort of as a toast. Might even be an Irish blessing that includes food and the marriage...they probably mean that you do the "blessing" for the couple right before everyone eats, or during the meal...
post #20 of 23
Bless the dinner? Well, around here when people say that, they mean that they want you to pray before dinner. Give thanks, pray for the married couple too, stuff like that. I know you know what I mean... I am guessing you've just never heard of it put like that. Since you said "they want to get married in the church I'm guessing they'd expect it to be a Christian prayer. My in-laws, who are Christian, would be very offended if you said an Indian prayer or anything else... We had to leave out all things spiritual at my wedding because of that.

Anyway... have fun! I hope everything went well!
post #21 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godiva View Post
Bless the dinner? Well, around here when people say that, they mean that they want you to pray before dinner. Give thanks, pray for the married couple too, stuff like that. I know you know what I mean... I am guessing you've just never heard of it put like that. Since you said "they want to get married in the church I'm guessing they'd expect it to be a Christian prayer. My in-laws, who are Christian, would be very offended if you said an Indian prayer or anything else... We had to leave out all things spiritual at my wedding because of that.

Anyway... have fun! I hope everything went well!
I know what u mean, and we are all catholic my SIL had to go thru the prcoess to become catholic so now the wedding is on lol, its just that no ones giving me any prayers, I asked my aunt who is very religous and knows everything but I have come up with nothing My brother and SIL said say what u want except I don't know what to say
post #22 of 23
Okay, this is actually a link to song lyrics, but it's one of the best songs I've heard for weddings, and the I personally think the lyrics would make a good blessing.. http://songsofpraise.org/song.php?songid=314
post #23 of 23
Thread Starter 
Thank u so much! But the wedding has passed I do actually have a thread about it because my new camera was stolen

but when it came time to the blessing, I told my aunt to do it so they had aunt barb come up and do it, here the funny thing my mom heard my SIL's mom say o ya they don't want us to do it because we are all a bunch of heathans no one said that but its a catholic wedding and well u have to be ccatholic to do it and most of her family isnt

Other than that I guess the wedding was ok
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › A busy week ahead, and VERY NERVOUS