Jasmine's dead

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I was walking home 1.5 hrs ago from mothers day shopping and i saw her running across the road further up into someones yard. Once i got almost near my house i called to her and gave her a scratch then picked her up and took her over the street to carry her home (which ive done before) she reaked out and ran over the raod and tried avoiding a car by running under it and it got a back leg and she went running over the fence into someone elses yard. the driver came out and helped me look for her and she was sitting in the persons yard lifeless and i carried her home and the lady had to unlock the door for me and dad was in the shed and i sat on the couch with her only her leg twitched once or twice a little but her bowels opened and her pupils were dialiated and the vets were too busy and i already knew she was gone. Dad put her on a towel and banket in the cat carrier with the lid off on the back porch so she is getting sunshine. she died 1.5 hours ago and charlie is my room im never letting him out of the house i cant lose another cat. we only took her to the vet this morning a few hours ago to get somen ointment for her eye and she was only 2 years old and perfectly healthy and it didnt feel like anything was broken and she died as soon as she jumped over the fence i shiuldnt have picked her up its all my fault this woman kept saying it was in in the bigger plan but she could have lived for another 15 years and i killed her and i dont know what to do my head is so sore and it doesnt feel real i just held her for ages this is the firs titme ive held a dead animal. dad said he wanted to protect me so all other cats we had he buried before i could see them he didnt want me to see them injured and dead and i had a big duscissuion not long ago that i wanted him to let me see if an animal dies.i called up tristan but he is at work and wont be here for another 3 hours or so and we cant call up mum she works in the city over an hour away im sorry about my spelling i dont care how it looks i feel so horrible

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am soo sorry about your little Jasmine hon.
I know how hard it is to loose a kitty.
Hopefully though, something good will come of her passing and others might learn why it is soo important for them to keep their animals indoors only. I am glad to hear you brought your other kitty in now and he will be indoors only...that is great. I am soo sorry for your loss hon - my heart goes out to you! I will keep you in my prayers

kaleetha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh gods, I'm so sorry. *huggs* It's a hard thing to loose a pet. I'm sure she was happier with you by her side when she went than if she'd been alone.

RIP Jasmine.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh no, you poor thing!!!!!! I'm so sorry that not only she died, but to have to witness it!!!!

I don't know what to say. I know how horrible it is to lose a kitty and feel responsible for it. You are ABSOLUTELY NOT responsible though, there's nothing you could have done, and if you weren't there it may very welll have happened anyway, it was just bad timing.

Cry your heart out, and make sure you post a nice tribute in Rainbow Bridge when you're ready.

to you

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am soo sorry!!
She looks like an absolute angel! I know it must be devastating and it was not your fault! I hope little Jasmine can rest in peace now. I am glad you brought your other cat inside.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh darlin I'm so sorry, my heart breaks for you and your little girl... but you didn't cause this to happen! You did not kill her! It's accepted for cats to go outdoors where you are, so you had no reason to feel you were doing something wrong by letting her run... and you were trying to bring her home safe when it happened, so you truly are not to blame, please don't feel that way.

But yes, yes, do keep all your future kitties indoors, for their sake and yours. Maybe you'll help change the way people there feel about that issue, over time.

Healing light is flooding to you now, and loving thoughts are following Jasmine where she went.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry!
We all know & Jasmine knew you loved her & were doing what's best for her. The pain will eventually go away...for now...cry rant rave whatever....we are all here for you!

Seeing Jasmine in not something you will ever forget, but I speak from experience when I say this...forget the ugly you just saw...remember her in the good times. If you do not remember her in the good times, you may well forget some of them.

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Im so sorry for your loss. Its always hard losing a pet but you cant blame yourself, she had an amazing two years with you and knew that you loved her enough to give her the space to do her kitty deeds. Always know that shes looking down from kitty heaven watching over you. Hugs and ankle rubs are being sent to you...

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my, I am so sorry that you had to see such a thing
I am sure Jasmine passed quickly to the Bridge
she knows she was loved & cared for

RIP Sweet one

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Ive just had a shower and i went to visit her before that and she is all stiff now and i cant touch her again it is too freaky. i carried her home and she was on my lap for maybe an hour or so while we all talked and cried. im not the boss of the house even though i said to dad charlie was on my bed and hes not going out, he said i cant control that. well if my parents are looking around when they open and close the door it should be easy. i just found him in the lounge i was worried dad let him out. he went stir crazy when he had that injury a few weeks ago because we pretty much kept him in for a week and only let him out for a few minutes before snatching him back inside. I want this rule inforced. He knows how to use the litter and he can get sunshine from the door and window uits very bright but what about grass for his furballs? Mum doesnt know yet so i wont be able to discuss it when she comes home. And dad is such an ******** when it comes to charlie meowing like mad to go out. He yells at him to shut up. I cant protect him when im not here. I dont know what to do. He is all i have left

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sweetheart, can you keep Charlie in your bedroom for a day or two, until you feel a little calmer? That way you can control his movements yourself... and then when you're a little steadier, maybe you can sit down and talk quietly with your family about making Charlie an indoor cat from now on. Maybe if you approach him calmly, you can make your father understand how much it means to you.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

when you're a little steadier, maybe you can sit down and talk quietly with your family about making Charlie an indoor cat from now on.
I agree with this Carol. Emotions are high right now, but give it a couple of days when things will have calmed down, then speak to your family and tell them your feelings.

I'm so very sorry
The poor baby, Jasmines a gorgeous angel now over at the bridge

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss.
Jasmine was beautiful. RIP sweet girl.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for your messages and gifts. We laid her to rest a few minutes ago. The soil was so hard because we havent had much rain we spent at least half an hour digging in turns. Im eating my food now, i havent had anything in something like 12 hours. Obviousely mum knows now, we had to wait till she got home so it didnt ruin her day at work. I dont know what to say atm so ill have my food and hope i can sleep.

Thank you again