How does your kitty show you s/he's mad?

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oberon snubs my husband when he gets back from his business trips. It only lasts a couple of hours, then he's lovey-dovey.

My Lily slinks down when I pet her if she's displeased with me. The slinking can last for hours. Offenses (to her) include putting Advantage on her, and leaving her during the day for several hours.

Sparkle lashes out with claws when she's displeased, which is prompted by seeing Lily, whom she doesn't like. Sparkle's a real snuggle bug, but watch out if Lily comes into the room!

What does your kitty (or kitties) do?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I dont think I have ever seen mine mad at me ..... maybe at each other but not me.

Kiko will pout if Im gone for a while but he just needs some extra extra extra love. Tino has been known to slap my hand if I pet him too long and the time that is too long varies

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
heyu will YEOW AND YEOW AND YEOW AND YOEW at me.
which she does every morning when i get home.

when i go over seas for work, lol she will sit on the coffee table and yeow so loud that it sounds like someone is killing her, when i get back

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Merlin is a smacker and a nipper. Peepers ignores and Gabby is just happy as long as he has food. Gweeky hides, but he does that everyday anyway.

chromodactyl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
when I have come back from being away.PS Kitten will come and say hello then ignore me completely.ignore me calling her,refuse cuddles,go out all night(sounds like a teenager)Sit on other peoples laps and then look at me with an evil,vindictive face.
this goeson for 2-3 days till I am finally forgiven and allowed a cuddle or 2

when she has flea/worm treatment she will sit by the door seething refusing to lok you in the eye for hours

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cairo just yells at you a lot and plays all hard-to-get and aloof and affronted.

Sunday doesn't have the `I'm mad at you' gene. She is pathologically incapable of anything but love, affection and sweetness.

Sashka bites.

Princess is quite a violently angry cat! She hisses and spits and then disappears. She hates me anyway because I took her Max away from her (or so she thinks).

Mina runs away. She's pretty neurotic. She doesn't really get mad she's not good with confrontation

alice_curiouser

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Fenwick and Fergie run away, but Felix sits there with his ears laid back, tail flippin, and glaring at me... he has to make sure I SEE that he's mad!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sophie never gets mad at me, but Rosie can have tortitude if i make her do things she doesn't want to do, such as growls and snacks at my hand if i gently try to move her along from in front of my pc screen, hiss if i go to guide her upstairs at bedtime, and if i stroke her tummy when she doesn't want it she wraps her paws around my wrist and rabbit kicks me

And you all think she's an angel!!

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bella growls. It almost sounds like "buurrrr burrrruuubbburrrr" it was particularly funny when I was trying to brush her with the zoom groom. The only way I can do it is to bribe her with a little dry food. I give a piece, brush, give a piece, brush...in between kibble bites she growled. Or I get the suspicious look from the box

I don't think I've ever seen Stan mad, although he will kind of squeak and run away if he doesn't like what I'm doing (example, medicine time). He does forget quickly.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only one that gets mad is Benson. He is known to bite our Dining room chairs when we go to bed or out for the day. Out of 6 chairs only one isn't bitten. I mean bitten good! I have shirts on all the chairs until we put them in storage. When we are around he tears his box apart.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm with Pam, I don't think mine have ever been mad at me
okay, maybe Demeter has
she gives me dirty looks, but melts like butter when I pet her

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm ... What do my guys do when they're mad? I don't think they really get angry or annoyed with us. Spike is too needy and people-oriented to be bothered by anything we could possibly do to him, and Oz is just too laidback. They do eat the plants when we're gone overnight, but I'm not sure if it's a "This'll really show Meowmy!" or just "Hmmm, I'm bored, let's eat the plants!" kind of thing (probably the latter).

Basically, my cats don't get mad or annoyed (except with each other, and then that just leads to a brief scuffle followed by a make-up grooming session). We are blessed to have two extremely easy-going kitties.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When Harley is mad, he will look me straight in the eye, pop a squat and poop on the carpet! But, at least he will try to cover it up (by ripping up the carpet, getting that last little bit of aggression out!) The rest will just ignore us until they feel we have been "punished" enough by the lack of their presence.

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I take the sweetgrass away I get this:

And if I rub his belly for too long he'll start biting and scratching. He lets me do it for awhile but when he's done with me he lets me know real quick!

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
raven doesn't really get mad too often. he'll yell at me. he is a talker, and i know his "mad" tone.

nabu snorts and walks away. it's pretty funny. he also makes a face like he's been sucking lemons.

stimpy walks away flicking his tail. it's like the cat equivalent to flipping the bird.

kaleetha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Captain gives me a look..... lol, I don't have any pictures of that... but it's mostly a, "Geez mom, don't do that" kind of look, especially when I pick him up and kiss him all over his little face.

Kanoe just hides.... or completely ignores me... and THEN makes sure I know she's ignoring cause she'll come love on FH. But she's a daddy's girl anyway. *laugh*

Toulouse is almost incapable of being mad. He'll get slightly frusterated with you and stalk off, but I can usually fix that with cuddles and treats.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Benson just reminded me that he SLAMS his tail around when he is mad. He didn't want to come out of the hallway closet so he started to beat the wall. LoL

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well Kitty can be a right little stressy pants

He will give me evil looks and swear at me, so I have to remind him that he shouldn`t speak to his mummy like that

Maisie doesn`t really get mad. Sometimes it`s a bit hard to judge with her being tail-less but I check her eyes. She hissed at me once for trying to brush her fluffy trousers but if I stroke her too much she uses ner paw gentle to get my hand to her mouth then tries to bite! I`m still learning and getting to know her