I got new cookware!

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea!

KitchenAid Gourmet Essentials Brushed Stainless- a Consumer Reports best buy

Today- it was on sale at Kohls, and then they were giving a coupon that, for every $50 you spent today, they would give you a certificate for $10 (to be spent in the next week)!
So I got cookware and an outfit for the office dinner party (that I found out about today) and starting tomorrow, I can go back and either get the shoes I found to go with the outfit, or some new summer clothes with the certificate!
Oh, and then I found an extra 3 quart pot (same set, but with black handles
) on clearance at Ross! So I'm set!

I really do need some new clothes (almost as much as the pots and pans-LOL)- and I have an extreme dislike for clothes shopping, but, as I was lamenting to my DH the other day, my ancient "wardrobe" is finally ready for a good bit of replacements...
, so- Win Win! today!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those are really cute!!!!! I am a huge Kohl's fan too!!!
They are always sooo friendly and have good prices/sales!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, me too! Their sales are actually sales!
(50% off or more on clearance
).

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's what I'm hoping!
I also read that it can be used with the induction stove tops (the ones that use magnetic power to heat, and the surface of the stove stays cool, and the temp is so precise that they use it in science labs
), which I would love to have one day...

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I went to the Kohls on 280 today Andee to those pots and pans .......... I LOVE THEM!!

I started to get some ......... but all of the sudden all of the lights in Kohls went off
lol ......... so I decided to leave instead of hang around to find out why. Do you know when that sale ends??

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooooo! Those are nice!!!
I just got a new set of Circulon cookware last week. Love them!
Isn't it nice to cook on good stuff?

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

I went to the Kohls on 280 today Andee to those pots and pans .......... I LOVE THEM!!

I started to get some ......... but all of the sudden all of the lights in Kohls went off
lol ......... so I decided to leave instead of hang around to find out why. Do you know when that sale ends??
Hmm, I don't know when it ends- I do know the certificate I got has to be spent by Wednesday... *edit* ad says KitchenAid sale ends May 12

I wonder what the deal was with the power??? My best friend called me this afternoon about something, and said her power was out (she lives near Meadowbrook). I didn't see anything on the news, but I was also paying about half attention, too

The offical "KitchenAid" site was out of these now (they weren't about a month ago when I first started looking), so I was eager to find them wherever I could! (Especially on sale!
)

They only had 2 boxes of them left when I was there Tuesday (and I left with one-lol)- hopefully, they've pulled some more out of the back! There's also a Kohls in Trussville, or I suppose there is always the "raincheck"
. I'm really, really liking them so far! They actually sit flat on my stove top
and I think they heat faster than my old ones. My old ones were nice, but they are almost 15 years old now, and my big pot (that I sterilize my medical stuff in every night) was starting to leave a copper residue on the glasstop, and I had to clean it every time before I boiled the water in it, or else it could fuse the copper flim to the glass surface... These can also go in the oven up to 350 degrees, too, I think (should probably check out that temp-LOL)- that will be new for me!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hope that power outages are not the norm out there ...... Im going to be moving near MeadowBrook the first of June. But you would think that wouldnt happen at a department store, it was freaky.

They had several boxes out when I was there, but you are not going to believe this, Helen sent me a link to Amazon.com where they have these for sale for $109.00, the same set. So I went ahead and ordered 2

If you can take yours back and order from Amazon you can save even more money.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, yeah, I did see that- sorry!
I meant to include that in my post last night, and slap forgot!
With the cookware, and the clothes I bought, I got $40 back on my certificate, so technically, I got them for the same price
, since I was planning on going back and getting a few more clothes anyways, with or without the certificate
. I had also not seen them in real life before, and didn't want to buy them "sight unseen", just in case I didn't like them...but I do!
Thanks, though!

Oh, I don't think the power being out is a regular problem- she just moved there, too, a few months ago, though. I've been in the grocery store when the power has gone out- it is a little freaky! LOL!