TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › illegals plot to kill americans
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

illegals plot to kill americans

post #1 of 25
Thread Starter 
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/05/08/for...lot/index.html

and the main reason that we need to keep a watch on who comes into the US.

"the three brothers involved, all with the last name Duka, were born in the former Yugoslavia and are illegally residing in the United States"
post #2 of 25
Do we REALLY need another reason to oust illegal immigrants!
post #3 of 25
Let me see if I have this straight. These cowards were going to get their hands on automatic weapons and try to light up soldiers at a US Army base on our own soil?

Bold, brazen and incredibly stupid. There's no way in hell they would make it off of the base like they think they would have.
post #4 of 25
I don't think being a psychotic killer comes along just because you also happen to be an illegal immigrant. I don't see the causative connection here. I'm certainly not condoning illegal immigration, but does being somewhere illegally turn people into killers?
post #5 of 25
Thread Starter 
lol no but it means you watch who you allow in you house.
post #6 of 25
That's true. I'm of Yugoslav descent. We're a bunch of angry people

Max calls me his LABYAB - Little Angry Yugo Brown Bear. I know that doesn't stand for Labyab but he thinks it sounds funny!
post #7 of 25
Ugh!

ahhh...feel better.

I swear since the weather started to get warmer, the stupid people rose from hibernation.
post #8 of 25
Thread Starter 
lol well i keep telling you libs are much more mean then normal people.
but you dont seemt to beleave me for some reason.

lol and dont worry i wont call you labyab, but i may have to save that for later use hehe.
post #9 of 25
A LEGAL plot to kill americans. Sorry but the title of your post was just to funny.

& there is always some halfwit out there. Doesn't mean they have to be illegal. Tobacco co. do it legally, mcVey was an american. Cho was a soKorean/almost american. & there are americans putting bobms out there by abortion clinic.

Mindnumbing murderous cahracter flaws go behiond nationality.
post #10 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimp98 View Post
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/05/08/for...lot/index.html

and the main reason that we need to keep a watch on who comes into the US.

"the three brothers involved, all with the last name Duka, were born in the former Yugoslavia and are illegally residing in the United States"

Americans kill Americans and Canadian kill Canadians everyday and it just doesn't get the same atention as illegals.
post #11 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by adymarie View Post
Americans kill Americans and Canadian kill Canadians everyday and it just doesn't get the same atention as illegals.
True, but there also isn't usually a plot hatched to go into military bases and "kill as many soldiers as possible", whether here legally or not. I don't think (and I could be wrong) that Bruce is saying that there is a causality between being illegal and the plot. After all, not all of those arrested were here illegally. Just that this shows that we need to be more proactive with our policies toward those who are in our country illegally - not all of them just want to work peacefully.

I'll be very interested to find out whether they are here illegally because of expired visas or if they snuck in sometime years ago...
post #12 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by adymarie View Post
Americans kill Americans and Canadian kill Canadians everyday and it just doesn't get the same atention as illegals.

and your point is what? that makes it ok?
post #13 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimp98 View Post
and your point is what? that makes it ok?

It doesn't make it ok, but I sometimes wish that the stress wasn't so much on the staus of citizenship and more on the reasons behind the plots!
post #14 of 25
Thread Starter 
lol so depending on what behind the plot may it ok?
The fact that they are here aganist the law and planning to kill people.
Should once again wake up people to how important it is to watch who comes in how important it is to keep a eye on the border. to keep track of people that here on expired paperwork.

But hey its just americans, i am sure many people would thinks that is a good thing.
post #15 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregon View Post
A LEGAL plot to kill americans. Sorry but the title of your post was just to funny.

& there is always some halfwit out there. Doesn't mean they have to be illegal. Tobacco co. do it legally, mcVey was an american. Cho was a soKorean/almost american. & there are americans putting bobms out there by abortion clinic.

Mindnumbing murderous cahracter flaws go behiond nationality.
i am sure there was a point there, but i am missing it.
post #16 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimp98 View Post
lol so depending on what behind the plot may it ok?
The fact that they are here aganist the law and planning to kill people.
Should once again wake up people to how important it is to watch who comes in how important it is to keep a eye on the border. to keep track of people that here on expired paperwork.

But hey its just americans, i am sure many people would thinks that is a good thing.
No, never is a plot to kill good. Plotting against Americans, Canadians, Iraqis, or any one based on politics, beliefs or actions not what a would consider to be a good thing. I believe in policing the borders - strongly. But the majority of illegal aliens just want a better life and have no intention to go on a terror plotting killing rampage.

Maybe it is because I am a pacifist and what I call a "people-ist" that I try to look behind the labels that are put on people to see what is driving them. And just because I am a pacifist, it does not mean that I don't support the troops who are over in the Middle East. I support the troops whole heartedly. While I don't intrinsicly believe in war, I am realist enough to realize that there will always be war and with war comes the responsiblity of having to fight a war (and yes killing) for a greater good. I am glad that there are people who are willing to put their life on the line so that I can live mine in relative peace!
post #17 of 25
I think you guys know that the illegal immigrants most people were talking about in the other thread and terrorists who have to be illegal because they'd never get in otherwise are two very different groups.

For one thing, these people aren't really immigrants. I don't think they planned to stay here.
post #18 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by adymarie View Post
Maybe it is because I am a pacifist and what I call a "people-ist" that I try to look behind the labels that are put on people to see what is driving them. And just because I am a pacifist, it does not mean that I don't support the troops who are over in the Middle East. I support the troops whole heartedly. While I don't intrinsicly believe in war, I am realist enough to realize that there will always be war and with war comes the responsiblity of having to fight a war (and yes killing) for a greater good. I am glad that there are people who are willing to put their life on the line so that I can live mine in relative peace!
i dont think there will always be war, at some point in time it will end. Not in are life time for sure. in time
post #19 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom View Post
I think you guys know that the illegal immigrants most people were talking about in the other thread and terrorists who have to be illegal because they'd never get in otherwise are two very different groups.

For one thing, these people aren't really immigrants. I don't think they planned to stay here.
fully agree with that. But it just shows how important it is. to control who comes.

i forget now how many of the hijackers from 9/11 had overstayed , and no one even went looking for them. We have learned nothing in 5 years.
post #20 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimp98 View Post
i dont think there will always be war, at some point in time it will end.

I am always hoping and praying that this is the case! But intolerance and greed and anger are breeding grounds for hate and where there is hate, there is often some type of fighting or war.

Man - I would have made a great hippy!
post #21 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimp98 View Post
fully agree with that. But it just shows how important it is. to control who comes.

i forget now how many of the hijackers from 9/11 had overstayed , and no one even went looking for them. We have learned nothing in 5 years.
Many of them. We don't know how many people in this country are here illegally, but I can't even imagine the cost of going looking for anyone with an expired visa. Also, those without any kind of visa might be more dangerous.

Even if we did, say, attach an armed detail with arrest powers to the next Census and arrest anyone who couldn't prove their citizenship... what then? Trials for all of them? Maybe if we hadn't gone to war just for fun, we could afford that.
post #22 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom View Post
Many of them. We don't know how many people in this country are here illegally, but I can't even imagine the cost of going looking for anyone with an expired visa. Also, those without any kind of visa might be more dangerous.

Even if we did, say, attach an armed detail with arrest powers to the next Census and arrest anyone who couldn't prove their citizenship... what then? Trials for all of them? Maybe if we hadn't gone to war just for fun, we could afford that.
Nah, they would have found other ways to spend the money. They always do!

I think this does call attention, though, to the fact that in those million or so illegal immigrants/aliens residing here (the three arrested owned a business, for goodness sake!), we really don't know who they are or what their intentions are. Yes, 99% of them are probably here with decent intentions to just work and have a better life. But even if you say 1% may not, that's 10,000 we need to worry about (and that's not really counting the criminal element...). I bet Al Queda watching all these rallies and such and reports on how easy it is to get in here and laughing hysterically. Why bother with expensive and time consuming visas when you can just fly them into Mexico and cross the border?
post #23 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanhb View Post
Nah, they would have found other ways to spend the money. They always do!

I think this does call attention, though, to the fact that in those million or so illegal immigrants/aliens residing here (the three arrested owned a business, for goodness sake!), we really don't know who they are or what their intentions are. Yes, 99% of them are probably here with decent intentions to just work and have a better life. But even if you say 1% may not, that's 10,000 we need to worry about (and that's not really counting the criminal element...). I bet Al Queda watching all these rallies and such and reports on how easy it is to get in here and laughing hysterically. Why bother with expensive and time consuming visas when you can just fly them into Mexico and cross the border?
I think this whole situation does highlight the need for a revised immigration/border policy - not just for America, but for Canada as well. Many good people are not being given the opportunity to work toward a better living because they don't meet criteria for immigration. Others "sneak" in and make things even more difficult for the people waiting and following the rules.

Things need to be more stringent to stop the flow of illegals, and reprecussions have to hit where it hurts - in the pocket book, not just of the individual but of the country that the person left - so that they (the former country)help with the tightening of the borders.
post #24 of 25
I saw on the news at lunch that there is no record of the 3 entering the US through legal means, so it wasn't expired visas. They snuck in somewhere.
post #25 of 25
Might have been that they came in on illegal visas, or rather, fake passports. That would keep them from being on record, and be a safer bet. Terrorists are much more likely to do things as close to the book as possible. They don't want getting caught to interfere with their plans.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › illegals plot to kill americans