I have a hoagie stealing cat

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Would anyone like an almost 14-year-old hoagie stealing cat?

I went out for an early dinner with my mom and ending up bringing home half a steak hoagie. Instead of putting it right in the fridge, I left the box sitting on the dining room table. My mistake. Next thing I know, Katie has managed to get the box open and is trying to drag the entire hoagie out and across the table.
She just about succeeded before I spoiled her fun. Note, this is the same cat who has been known to steal the toppings off slices of pizza, lick the butter off pancakes and dive bomb into the garbage can after fried chicken.

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That was your mistake for leaving food where she could get at it!

Diesel broke into a Gingerbread man the other day and proceeded to eat half of it

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bayley is the EXACT same way... so I know how you feel, we can't leave ANY food alone, or he'll eat it!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At least she wasn't trying to eat NON- food items too
Jasmine will try and eat ANYTHING that won't eat her first

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
haha

That reminds me of my friend's cat Fred. Fred is diabetic and was put on a low carb diet, and he took to watching the toaster and grabbing the toast as it popped up in order to get a carb!!! LOL

I'm fortunate that Chynna and Abby don't steal food. They are insistent on getting their noses into whatever I'm eating, but I've never seen either one of them go after things sitting on a table or counter.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
heeh funny,

I have a cat that likes to steal pork rinds again.
you should see eazy when he frist moved in trying to run off with a pork rind that was bigger then he was

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor cat just felt left out you didn't take her to dinner.
My Peeps like to steal food off the counter. The piggiest cat we have, Gabby, is a klutz and can't jump that high!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL...sounds like my Gizmo! MIL cooked a chicken last night and gave us most of it, so I'm trying to clean the meat off and turned my back to get another ziplock bag, turned back around to find Gizmo trying to drag the carcass off the counter!

Oh, and Gizmo tore open a bag of dog treats..not to eat them, but to use them as toys. So, now when I ask the dogs if they want a treat, they don't look at me, they look at the Giz!

Gotta love em!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jane_vernon

That was your mistake for leaving food where she could get at it!

Diesel broke into a Gingerbread man the other day and proceeded to eat half of it
That's exactly the kind of thing Katie would do!

Originally Posted by babyharley

Bayley is the EXACT same way... so I know how you feel, we can't leave ANY food alone, or he'll eat it!
You've got many more years of fun ahead of you with that kitty boy, Kenz!

Originally Posted by katiemae1277

Glad Katie is out and about and swiping food again!!
Yeah, my cocky, spoiled baby girl is definitely back to her old ways.

Originally Posted by neetanddave

Good grief, Eileen!
Don't you feed them kitties?
I do!
But, I guess Katie prefers Italian food over her dry kibble.

minerva

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh yes, that sounds familiar to me...

Laura has been known to steal anything that she can move - and she's a STROOONG girl! - and we must pay attention every time anything edible is on the table or they'll eat it!
Since she and Carter both love milk soo much, coffee, (black) tea or chocolate of any kind is especially endangered, but also sausage, cutlets and recently the old boy has become a lot more agile (his diabetes is much better, thank God), so we've hardly rushed into the kitchen, putting away the first half of, say, dinner leftovers, and by the time we return, there's a huge brown spot on the tiles and Carter is happily tugging and chewing away on a piece of pork fillet!

A few weeks ago, we had bought half a layer cake, filled with some kind of cream/cream cheese stuff, anyway sth. very yummy. We left the house for a little over 20 minutes, convinced that cats don't eat cake.
BIG MISTAKE!!
When we got back, all that was left of this layered cake were a few bits of the bottom - and Carter's face said "Yes, that was a real good cake!"
Ok, until an hour later, by then he was more like, Oh my God, I'm so sick!