TCS tatoo lovers - ideas and advice craved

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I already have two tats, and ideas for a couple more. I'd like to get one on the sole of each foot (not at the same time, don't worry!) but I've heard various rumours that most people who get even full-bod tats don't do the bottom of their feet or that tat artists won't do it.

Any one with info on the hows and whys of why some areas are (seemingly or geniunely) off limits?

Thanks guys.

(In case anyone's wondering, the one on my right foot is a deal that I made with my cats. They'd get microchipped, I'd get a tat).

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've heard of men having certain appendages tatooed....I don't know why they wouldn't do the soles of your feet? But then I'm scared of needles so I no tatoos so I can't really answer your question!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From what I understand, the pigments won't set well on the sole, and you'll wind up with a blotchy tat, or one that is blurry and will fade extremely fast.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My one question would be why the sole of the foot instead of the top of the foot?

Another thing are your feet ticklish? If so getting a tat there could be tricky. Also I will assume walking on it right after would be painful.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love tats,but I can honestly say.................the bottom of my feet are off limits.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want pictures!
Here's mine:

I can't imagine how getting one on your sole would feel... are you thinking like in the arch? Or the heel/toe callusy part?

I know lots of places won't touch feet, period, because of the healing and because of the rate of skin renewing.

Why do you want them on your feet? Is it a privacy reason, or a hide-ability reason, or just cause, or because you really think you would like them there?

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

From what I understand, the pigments won't set well on the sole, and you'll wind up with a blotchy tat, or one that is blurry and will fade extremely fast.
yea that.

by the way , glad to see your back.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How much detail do you want? That's going to be the main issue because things tend to run together when the bottom of your feet are done.

and
to you babe!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

I want pictures!
Here's mine:

Why do you want them on your feet? Is it a privacy reason, or a hide-ability reason, or just cause, or because you really think you would like them there?
I really just want it there - they would be in the arch of my foot if I could get it.

I love yours, so beautiful, and one of my fav knot choices. Are the cresents cresents or just accents to the overall design?

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l8...pics/tat1a.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l8...mpics/tat2.jpg

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

How much detail do you want? That's going to be the main issue because things tend to run together when the bottom of your feet are done.

and
to you babe!
They'll be very plain, blunt black designs.

And thanks sweetie!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Satai

They'll be very plain, blunt black designs.

And thanks sweetie!
I think you should be able to find someone who will do it then. Just know they'll try to talk you out of it.

A friend of mine in highschool wanted an Earth on her big toe. She was a goofy thing.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And guys - thank you all for your replies, advice, and welcome backs - sometimes it's the knowing you'll be missed (even if you can't guess why) that makes it easier to come back.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I think you should be able to find someone who will do it then. Just know they'll try to talk you out of it.

A friend of mine in highschool wanted an Earth on her big toe. She was a goofy thing.
Yeah, I'm beginning to see why. Maybe if I work on the area to make it really, really supple for a while, first, that might help?

I love the big toe/Earth idea, but I'm a little goofy too.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to agree with everyone who said the sole of you feet isn't a good idea. I could see it presenting many problems. I however am a tatoo feind myself and also have several. My favorite is a new on I got about a year ago on the back of my left hand. Here is a picture of it. It is called a tri-cresent and is representive of the mind, body and soul from a Norse perspective. It also works if you are a trekie because it certainly has a Klingon feel to it.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The main reason for not getting the palms of your hands or soul of feet tattooed is that the skin is very thick and it is difficult to get the ink to take, as well as the skin peels often and ink will be worn off.