Hello!

cheshire

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there everyone. New to the forums. Decided to join because eventhough I've had cats for years I'd love to learn more about them.

Well I'm 23, a freelance artist who is aspiring to do comics in the future. I've always been a cat lover since I was very little. The first cat that I owned was when I was 14 (we had cats before then but none that were actually "mine") and his name was Sylvester. I had him since he was a kitten but after 1-2 yrs of having him he ended up going outside and never coming back.

I didn't end up getting a cat again until I was 19. I had adopted a pure black kitten from a friend, and named him Jet Li Black, or just Jet for short. I loved him dearly, since at the time my parents didn't want another cat running around the house (we had a family cat as well) it was decided he was to stay in my room at all times. He was a strictly indoors cat and he became a dear friend to me with a personality like no other cat I ever had before. But while I was out of state attending an anime convention my dad was letting my dear Jet outside alot at the time. So while I was away Jet had died in my brother's arms. I was devastated for a long time, and still cry over him because he was so precious to me.

Well after about a year of having no other cat, just yesterday my boyfriend and best friend surprised me with a little white female kitten. She's the reason I've joined the forums because I honestly haven't owned a female kitten before personally so I don't know how different it might be (besides the problem of "heat" when she gets older) so I hope to see you all around.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and welcome to you and your new kitty
Jet sounded such a great friend and I can tell how dearly you loved him

Its great here, theres lots of help, advise and support, so just jump right in with any questions

The main thing as you mentioned is that she will go into heat, you can get her spayed before this happens, just speak to your local vet and they will advise at what age they will do it.

Well glad you dropped into join us and keep us posted about your new kitty and her progress

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is such a great site, and everyone here is so nice and friendly
Also this site can be very helpful and informative as well

Now Mooficat has given u great advice, I would say to get her spayed whenever you can and watch out some kittens do go into heat as young as 4 months, and well heat cycles are not fun at all, trust me! I couldnt wait for my appointment for my Stormie
!!!!

But anywho...be sure to post some photos of ur new kittie, we just
photos here!

Well see u on the forums

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!

You'll love it here! See you around the forums.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry you lost your little Jet.

Congratulations on your new little girl!
You'll learn lots here.
Don't worry, little girls aren't that difficult to raise. I've only ever had girls...I don't know why, it's just the way it worked out.
Also, of course, the "heat" problem will be rectified by a nice little spay surgery.

If you have any questions as you navigate around the site, please feel free to click on my username and send me a private message. I'll be happy to help.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cheshire

Hi there everyone. New to the forums. Decided to join because eventhough I've had cats for years I'd love to learn more about them.

Well I'm 23, a freelance artist who is aspiring to do comics in the future. I've always been a cat lover since I was very little. The first cat that I owned was when I was 14 (we had cats before then but none that were actually "mine") and his name was Sylvester. I had him since he was a kitten but after 1-2 yrs of having him he ended up going outside and never coming back.

I didn't end up getting a cat again until I was 19. I had adopted a pure black kitten from a friend, and named him Jet Li Black, or just Jet for short. I loved him dearly, since at the time my parents didn't want another cat running around the house (we had a family cat as well) it was decided he was to stay in my room at all times. He was a strictly indoors cat and he became a dear friend to me with a personality like no other cat I ever had before. But while I was out of state attending an anime convention my dad was letting my dear Jet outside alot at the time. So while I was away Jet had died in my brother's arms. I was devastated for a long time, and still cry over him because he was so precious to me.

Well after about a year of having no other cat, just yesterday my boyfriend and best friend surprised me with a little white female kitten. She's the reason I've joined the forums because I honestly haven't owned a female kitten before personally so I don't know how different it might be (besides the problem of "heat" when she gets older) so I hope to see you all around.
Welcome, welcome, welcome to TCS! I am leaving in two days for Seattle, my home town and place of birth. I am stuck here in Texas for the time being and looking forward to getting back to my roots.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!
!........

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)

See you on the forums!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Welcome to TCS! Sorry to hear about Jet

Congrats on the new kitten. I have one female is very affectionate and another who is shy. Definately get her spayed soon.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there
we're so happy to get the chance to welcome you and your lovely kitty to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions

I'm so sorry to hear that you lost two kitty companions in such sad circumstances