KatKwiz #40 - After yesterday, let's have an easy one!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Surprise! Remember, KatKwiz can be posted any time during the GMT day (this is May 8 GMT). We want everybody around the world to have an equal chance.

Alley says that Persi is lazy. She says all Himalayan cats are lazy. Persi says he will give 425 points to whoever can prove that Alley is wrong.

Notice: KatKwiz will be on vacation from May 11 through May 28. KatKwiz will be back on May 29 with more points than ever to put into your bank accounts!

mom_2_3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Click 1: Cat Breeds (Above at the top of page)
Click 2: Himalayan

Scroll down to Himalayan Cats - Temperament and Health Issues

Enjoy the fine article

These cats, like their Persian blood-lines, are laid-back and calm. Very easygoing, cats that enjoy playing. Mine like the interactive toys such as DaBird, or one that I made by hand from a piece of fringed fabric taped to the end of a rod off a set of mini blinds. I can tire them out with one of these toys. Prior to bedtime this is a good plan, for then they sleep through the night and don't wake me at odd hours.
Being laid-back cats does not however mean they are lazy. They simply view the world differently than most short-haired cats. For example, around my house, there are always short- haired kittens running around, for I do rescue work as well. These rescued kitties are always up to something. My Himalayans watch these kittens with what I liken to be amusement in their eyes. They can't seem to figure out what all the fuss is about, with all the activity going on.
Babycakes and Yum ( two of my Himalayans) are prone to what we refer to as "cat fits." They run through the house at breakneck speeds for no apparent reason. But that's about all they do. They don't get into trouble just for the sake of stirring things up.
There are two health issues associated with Himalayans, both stemming from the extreme flat "pug" face that is so treasured by the show breeders right now. This subjects the cats to major breathing problems along with watery eyes. The shortened breathing tube makes it difficult for some of the cats to get good breath, and the tear ducts become compressed, causing the eyes to leak almost continuously.
These are not usually life-threatening problems. However, if you are thinking of buying or rescuing a Himalyan, the fact that their eyes and noses need to be wiped daily is something you need to be aware of. It becomes a part of the routine, just like combing and brushing their fur. It's just part and parcel of the breed.

mom_2_3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh and yup I LIKE the new siggy! I always thought I was #1 haha but everyone said I was just full of myself haha!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mom_2_3

Click 1: Cat Breeds (Above at the top of page)
Click 2: Himalayan

Scroll down to Himalayan Cats - Temperament and Health Issues

Enjoy the fine article

These cats, like their Persian blood-lines, are laid-back and calm. Very easygoing, cats that enjoy playing. Mine like the interactive toys such as DaBird, or one that I made by hand from a piece of fringed fabric taped to the end of a rod off a set of mini blinds. I can tire them out with one of these toys. Prior to bedtime this is a good plan, for then they sleep through the night and don't wake me at odd hours.
Being laid-back cats does not however mean they are lazy. They simply view the world differently than most short-haired cats. For example, around my house, there are always short- haired kittens running around, for I do rescue work as well. These rescued kitties are always up to something. My Himalayans watch these kittens with what I liken to be amusement in their eyes. They can't seem to figure out what all the fuss is about, with all the activity going on.
Babycakes and Yum ( two of my Himalayans) are prone to what we refer to as "cat fits." They run through the house at breakneck speeds for no apparent reason. But that's about all they do. They don't get into trouble just for the sake of stirring things up.
There are two health issues associated with Himalayans, both stemming from the extreme flat "pug" face that is so treasured by the show breeders right now. This subjects the cats to major breathing problems along with watery eyes. The shortened breathing tube makes it difficult for some of the cats to get good breath, and the tear ducts become compressed, causing the eyes to leak almost continuously.
These are not usually life-threatening problems. However, if you are thinking of buying or rescuing a Himalyan, the fact that their eyes and noses need to be wiped daily is something you need to be aware of. It becomes a part of the routine, just like combing and brushing their fur. It's just part and parcel of the breed.
Well, you did it again! And THIS time, I posted at night to give people in Australia and that part of the world a chance to beat you but seven hours went by and everybody waited for you to get up and claim your prize!
425 more points go into your account for being the KatKwiz Whiz of the Day!

mom_2_3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
~Yikes Im sorry I dont have much of a life Im up around 20 hours a day! There will be a couple weeks others will have a chance to answer because Im packing and in the process of moving so beginning of June I wont be online as much haha~

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mom_2_3

~Yikes Im sorry I dont have much of a life Im up around 20 hours a day! There will be a couple weeks others will have a chance to answer because Im packing and in the process of moving so beginning of June I wont be online as much haha~
Not only that, but since KatKwiz will be on vacation until May 29, there are going to be a lot more points for everybody else.

Tomorrow we will have double winners of 500 points each. So SOMEBODY ELSE will definately win some points tomorrow!

So, the big challenge now is for somebody with less than 123 posts to win. So all you kittens and young cats, watch for Newbie Days when only members with less than 700 posts can play.