Yup, shes in heat!!!

spirita2010

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yep, she is definately in heat, shes rolling around, she is meowing, and won't shut up!! lol, And I grabbed her by the scruff like the male would, and started to pet her, she was in the mating position!
She keeps sneaking out.. But good old Hershey barks her up the trash! lol Good dog! And then thats when I get her, and bring her back in, he knows that I don't mind him barking her up the trash, I think he knows hes the man of this house now. lol, and he has to keep everyone in line!! Including the two females that aren't fixed! And he has a little sister to keep in line too! So... What do I do? Try and keep her indoors as much as possible? Thank you for reading!

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, you're going to have to keep her 100% indoors until you're able to have her spayed. Otherwise, she could become pregnant before you know it.

maxy24

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You said she has full run of the house. I would restrict that to one room with the kittens at least until she is no longer in heat. That way if she slips out of that room you can put her back in before anyone opens the door. choose a room that not many people go in and out of (except you since I know you will put her back in) so maybe your bedroom. Also has Smokie come in yet, You said your mom would let her in in one of your other posts. If she does come in I would also keep her in a room, maybe an unused bathroom or spare bedroom so she will not come into contact with your other (non-vaccinated) pets or Mika's babies.

Mika NEEDS to stay in, it only takes a minute for her to get pregnant. males will be able to smell her from around town and will be waiting for her to come out. Be very diligent and keep her in another room.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You keep her inside at all times and schedule a vet appointment this week to have her spayed asap. How old is she? Why is she not spayed yet?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Are your parents going to spay her?

If not, you really need to keep her restricted to a room with her kittens. When they are old enough, take both mom & kittens to a shelter. I know you really do not want to, but there are so many other cats that need homes & I know you do not want to contribute to the overpopulation problem.

You are stuck between a rock & a hard place here.

lil'misskisses

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know you are doing your best lovey and a lot depends on your parents co-operation but you really need to keep her in 24/7 as she will very quickly become pregnant again.

As said above it may be a good idea to contact some local shelters and start finding out about getting her fixed or very soon you are going to be over run with kittens.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well its not easy to keep a cat who's on heat in - she'll want to do what comes naturally

So its a battle of wills, but you can win - you have to be on your guard at every moment, make sure all visitors know, even if it means putting a note on the door
keep her in one room, before anyone goes into that room, make sure all accesses to the outside world are closed, it soon becomes a habit of checking.. Again you could even put a reminder on the door or the room she is in

Well I hope you can get her spayed very soon.

panther pride

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Your parents sound Dumb,
if they wont take the responsiblity and get your cat fixed then they should have never gotten you the cat in the first place.

Do you hve a friend that can help you with the spay cost, maybe have him/her sneak your cat to a vet. If your on gov assiatance then you can get a spay for real cheap.

keisha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

You keep her inside at all times and schedule a vet appointment this week to have her spayed asap. How old is she? Why is she not spayed yet?
Mika just had a litter of kittens, I believe 2-3 weeks ago. So she cannnot be spayed yet.

Spirita, just try as hard as you can to keep her inside. Have your other family members try not to let her out too. It needs to be a group effort. And I would confine her to your bedroom, untill she is out of heat, so its harder for her to get out. As someone sugested.

Good luck, and keep us posted!