And all this time I've been blaming Madden....

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For the past couple of months one of my cabinet doors stays constantly open.

In this picture its the top cabinets to the left of the stove that you can only see part of. They are identical to the ones on the right though...

This is the cabinet I keep my spices, Pam spray, sugar, tea etc. in and there isn't any room for a kitty to get in there anyway, but since Madden can open (and close behind him for that matter
) all of my bottom cabinets, I assumed he was the trouble maker behind this one.

Both doors on this cabinet are constantly open, which drives DH and I nuts, we're constantly closing it. Maddens been blamed for opening the doors now for a long while.

Well just a bit ago, I walked into the kitchen and found them open again. I sighed, told Madden I'd appreciate him leaving the doors closed (which only got me a dirty look and a flip of the tail) and then settled on the couch with my laptop.

Madden was right on my heels out of the kitchen and climbed in my lap on the couch. He was not in there alone. After about 15 minutes I got up to get something to drink, and the doors of this cabinet are wide open again!!

Madden was with me the whole time, so now I guess I owe him an apology!

There have been other things that have happened since we moved here including one MAJOR incident that has caused me not to go into the kitchen after DH goes to bed anyway (they say you don't believe it until you see it), so I guess now Madden's off the hook!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I'm thinking ghosts, or a bad hinge.
The hinges are good, the house is level, BOTH doors are coming wide open mind you.

I have full reason to believe I share my house with more than my husband and my fur-babies.
I've seen my roommate.

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

That's scary and exciting. Is it a male/female? Have you talked to it?
Its an older man, I've only seen him once, asked him not to suprise me like that again and have not seen him (fully) again. After doing some research I think its the man that owned this house three owners back, he died while he lived here, although I don't know if he died HERE or was just in residence at the time. I can't find a whole lot of info about him. The only strangeness has been in the kitchen though, which I find kinda odd.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a ghost in my parents old house - but she was friendly, so things were good.

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

We had a ghost in my parents old house - but she was friendly, so things were good.
He hasn't been un-friendly so far, just scared the holy crap out of me once!!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maddensmom

Are you interested in getting rid of him?

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Are you interested in getting rid of him?
As of right now, I don't really have a reason too. The first time I "met" him face-to-face, I certainly wanted him gone, but now I've realized that he is harmless. More than anything I'd like to know why he's hanging out in my kitchen!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

She used to scare me too (when i was a young teen), but then we offered to take her with us when we went to the cottage to an old delapitated house that had rumours of being haunted. We would go down the dirt road, stop, open the door and go to the cottage and stop to get her on the way back. After that it was no prob - I think she actually did something to scare some robbers. Our house was robbed, but something stopped them mid robbery and they ran out the back of our house trailing goods (from other robberies) thru our back yard. Hardly got anything of ours - didn't even get to my mom's jewellery box. We respected her, she respected us.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you tried asking him? I find this very interesting

My cousin has the gift to see spirits!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since you've asked him not to scare you I don't feel silly suggesting that you also ask him to stop opening the cupboard doors too. Of course, if he gets bored he might start messing with other things then.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First off I want to say that I am in love with your kitchen!!
and secondly I see that you also collect roosters-thats awesome!!
I do too!!

And third-if I had a ghost in my house I am afraid I would be moving out!!

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

First off I want to say that I am in love with your kitchen!!
and secondly I see that you also collect roosters-thats awesome!!
I do too!!

And third-if I had a ghost in my house I am afraid I would be moving out!!
Thanks for the compliments!! I kinda fell into roosters when we got married, it all started with one piece (which you can't see in this picture) and grew from there!

I don't plan on moving anytime soon!

Originally Posted by twstychik

Since you've asked him not to scare you I don't feel silly suggesting that you also ask him to stop opening the cupboard doors too. Of course, if he gets bored he might start messing with other things then.
I suppose there are worse things that he could be fiddling with!

If you guys want, I'll make a new thread and tell the whole story about the night I "met" my kitchen friend. Its a little long, and I'd like to open it up to anyone else's real life ghost stories as well...I've never posted about it before b/c I didn't know there were so many believers here!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pleas do post the story. I have one from a friend I'd happily share there. None of my own but I'm a big believer.

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Pleas do post the story. I have one from a friend I'd happily share there. None of my own but I'm a big believer.

Yea please share! I have a few stories.
Alright then!
I'll go see if I can type it all out so that it makes sense!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I've never posted about it before b/c I didn't know there were so many believers here!
Of course there are

I've never seen anything that looked "human" with features or anything.

If he/it stays in your kitchen and never really makes you uncomfortable it may more or less be like a recording, playing over and over, not something that will interact with you. Maybe you can try to get pictures?