Crazy active after a poo?

lechatnoir

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Has anyone noticed their male cats going bananas(running and playing) after a #2?
Just curious!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yep mine certainly do! I wonder if they feel lighter after they have evacuated their bowels?

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Zissou does it too. I call it her "poop crazies". I think it's pretty common

You should see her running around like a maniac.

devlyn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Pippin does this, but I haven't noticed it from Simple or Morris. Hmmm..

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lechatnoir

Has anyone noticed their male cats going bananas(running and playing) after a #2?
Just curious!
In a word, no. However, that was absolutely normal behavior for my male dogs.

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes - Jaffa does it too!
I've not noticed it with Mosi, but then again Mosi's crazy all the time anyway

whuckleberry

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

Yep mine certainly do! I wonder if they feel lighter after they have evacuated their bowels?

Wally does this. He runs away from the litterbox (actually sometimes he almost skips
) He seems to be euphoric with the feeling of unburdening himself.

kittiesx2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tucker does "kitty burnouts" (hind end tucked under...running and sliding super fast turns) everytime that he poops

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I think it's pretty common. Running away very fast from their pile o' poo is funny to watch but yup... all the cats do it... like it smells so bad they just wanna get as faaaaar as possible...

The only bad part is, sometimes, they have a little bit strung onto a human hair (I have longish hair) that is dangling from their bodies. Once Zorro went running through the house with a turd attached to one of my 3-foot long hairs. Turd bounding along behind him attached to my hair. I felt SO guilty.
Got ahold of him though and cut the hair from his behind to free that turd chasing him!!!

My dog does it too! Of course he poo's outside. He does this 'running bounce' after he's done leaving a little drop or two of poo. We call it the "Barney Bounce"... happy to be done with it and get away from it or something...

meistersar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My two male cats do it, the female not so much, but she does too every once in a while. They seem so happy after they poop that it's pretty comical. I think it's obviously a fairly normal thing and defiantely not something to worry about.

dachweiler

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 12 yr old female cat, Belle, does this several times a week. Her post-poop peeling out/galloping is most active she gets!

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I take it back about Mosi not doing it - he did it this morning! I also have a theory - the degree of craziness is directly related to the stinkiness of the poop
Mosi did a stinker this morning then went totally crazy.

jpawz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hah! Funny stuff. I was talking about this as an off-topic a few weeks back.

Of my 5, 2 of my cats emerge from their boxes, post poop, like a bat out of hell.

Kowe (female) races down the stairs (hardwood) and skids at the bottom, practically crashing into the fridge. Cat-chirping the whole time. Then she grooms excessively because she is embarrassed (heh).

Roo (male), instead of racing down the stairs, races up the cat tree, often unable to stop at the top perch, and continues onto the curtain rod. Wild eyed and manic.

We can always tell who just pooped, out of the 2, by who goes where and does what