My decoupage! (pic heavy)

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Weeeee! Well, i've pretty much finished my two jewellery boxes which are book shaped. This is my first attempt at decoupage, and i just borrowed some books today so i can improve my technique.

the b&w was my first attempt. so it's thicker and not as tidy. but i love the aged look on the top. the purple one is alot smoother and tidier. both need some touch ups but pretty much done.
front

back

inside

with pretty things in it

This little wardrobe i bought from Avon, it was purely white and you couldn't remove the drawers, which made it painful to get my jewellery out. Obviousely i have not finished it yet, but i wanted to show you half/half. I need to add another layer so please ignore the rough corners and patches.
side/back

bottom

front

front open

my pretty moveable cat earrings and ring dish

And i thought i'd add this, Tristan bought it for me a few days ago at the local market. It's a hair fork thingie carved out of wood, only cost $6au (also comes in handy to poke people who annoy me lol)

Im hoping tomorrow ill actually buy the proper cardboard jewellery boxes to decoupage over. I hope you guys like it
it's my new thing to do in my free time as it takes alot of concentration the time passes really quick and i end up in bed after midnight lol.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, those are stunning! You really have a knack for this. Can't wait to see the wardrobe when it is completed. Love the kitty earrings, too
You make me want to try decoupage.

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That is BEAUTIFUL!!!! If you start selling them let me know! I love pretty boxes to stick stuff in!! Who knows maybe Dave will take a hint and buy me jewelry...Considering in almost 3 yrs he hasnt bought me any!!!!!!

oogieone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Those boxes are very pretty! I like the black and white one best!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! I'm so excited to have a new talent to go with my already artyness

Anyone notice i'm a Jane Austen fanatic?

ilovemykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
those are awesome. i would love to have a book shaped trinket box. i love books, and i read a lot so it would go well with my room.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great job.... I like the purple one.

Someone else here was talking about decoupage last week, I think it was Halfpint Lois...

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys. I forgot this picture. It was a late xmas present from my grandma. She gave it to me late because she didn't think i liked pink so she waited till i visited her months later. I dont wear pink, but i love old fashioned things, and i had no where to put my earrings.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

Thanks! I'm so excited to have a new talent to go with my already artyness

Anyone notice i'm a Jane Austen fanatic?
I just saw that! I love her also! Pride and Prejudice is my all time favorite. Have you see the BBC version? It is the best one!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Duchess15

I just saw that! I love her also! Pride and Prejudice is my all time favorite. Have you see the BBC version? It is the best one!
ooooh colin firth in wet clothes....
yes i've seen it
over and over and over again!

I also have alot of the Bronte sisters books, Shakespeare, H.G. Wells, Louisa May Alcott, Dickens, Spenser and more

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Duchess15

I appreciate P&P but I adore Colin Firth. If he played more classical characters, I would know more about the classics

That is a very pretty earring holder. You have a sweet grandma