Oh Dear...they really are running out of movie ideas...

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh that's fantastic! DH & I were just discussing which movies to go see, and there wasn't much choice. Now at least we've got something to look forward to!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
its not that they are running out of movies,
it more like they dont want to risk making a movie that has no bulit in fan base already.

i was happy with the new comic book movies but ,, they been making such changes to the stories that it takes the fun out of those for me.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nooo! I wonder if Posh Spice will be one of the Bratz. She sure looks like one!

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

Nooo! I wonder if Posh Spice will be one of the Bratz. She sure looks like one!
Nah, they'll just recruit some streetwalkers - save the production company a fortune, on costumes and makeup

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hollywood and all the other movie makers have been intellectually bankrupt for years. Why else would they be rehashing old TV series like Lost in Space, Car 54, The Flash, Buck Rogers, Bewitched, making another Rambo movie, and remaking the remakes of King Kong, The Alamo, Black Christmas, yada yada yada

They are even messing with classics, with remakes of "The Day the Earth Stood Still" and "The Creature from the Black Lagoon" in the works.

I'm expecting a movie of "The Munsters" any day now.

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
NOOOOOOOO! Not a Bratz movie! I HATE Bratz. My 10 year old has 6 of them. We have discussed that these dolls really don't have "appropriate" clothing. But what do I do? She's got another friend (and they are regular church goers as well) who's got 10 of the stupid dolls. And a car!

She hasn't said she wants to see it, and that's just fine with me. I've sat through many a bad kid's movie, but I'm just not motivated to sit through this one. Or even rent it for that matter.

ddcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I never liked Bratz dolls either! For that matter, I never liked Barbie dolls either. My girls liked Barbie dolls at first, then they did not after a year or so, they would mutulate them!

I bought a cheap replica Barbie doll at the dollar store for my cat to play with, she GROWLS at it and SWATS it away!

I DO like Barbie of Swan Lake, the Nutcracker, and all other Barbie movies tho.

The dolls these days are not dressed proper like Sneakymom said. The boys' play action figures are simply nightmares waiting to happen!

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They're running out television show ideas, too. The latest thing I've heard is that they're intending to make a TV show based on the Geico cavemen commercials -- a caveman trying to cope with modern times. The commercials are moderately amusing, but an entire show based around them? Come on!

Of course, if they put the show on Fox, it'll be cancelled in three episodes and replaced with some stupid new reality show -- that's what they did to Drive, anyway. (Actually, Drive has been replaced with re-runs of House. Because apparently re-runs of an old show are better than new episodes of a show that's getting low ratings.)

I hate Fox. I hate Fox so very, very much.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my colleagues actually did the Danish voice-over for one of the Bratz characters in the movie. I can't believe they make movies based on dolls. Er, Barbie as well, Hello!? I have a message for movie-makers all over the world.... GET AN IMAGINATION AND GIVE US SOMETHING ORIGINAL!!!

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree! We rented "A Night in the Museum" (or something close to that name
) and as much as we can't stand Ben Stilern (sp?), at least the idea for the plot was something different...we were desperate for something that wasn't a rehash of something else!
No Bratz for us, here, either...
Give me "Veternarian Barbie", "Polly Pocket Horseshow", "Rescue Rangers" (or Heroes or whatever they are
) over a Bratz doll anyday...

rhiannon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Who names a toy "Bratz", anyhow? Last time I checked, being a brat was not a good thing.
They're possibly the most frightening-looking dolls I've ever seen (and that includes plastichaired Ken doll), and I DEFINITELY couldn't bear to see a whole movie's worth of them, even for the sake of entertaining a child!
If the kiddies want something big-eyed to watch and play with, I have a very sophisticated toy for them. It's interactive, self-cleaning, and nearly impossible to break: if you're playing too rough, there's a graded warning system almost guaranteed to tone it down! It starts with a low-pitched warning noise, which becomes louder and gradually advances to mild physical corrections if the rough play persists. The toy also increases in size as your child ages, constantly coming up with new activities to stimulate and challenge his or her mind. Though hardy, the toy requires some care as well, encouraging responsibility in your child.
It's called a kitten. Enjoy!

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always thought those Bratz dolls were ugly, to be completely honest..
Doesn't look like a movie I'll be going to see.

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallover

I agree! We rented "A Night in the Museum" (or something close to that name
) and as much as we can't stand Ben Stilern (sp?), at least the idea for the plot was something different...we were desperate for something that wasn't a rehash of something else!
No Bratz for us, here, either...
Give me "Veternarian Barbie", "Polly Pocket Horseshow", "Rescue Rangers" (or Heroes or whatever they are
) over a Bratz doll anyday...
Night at the Museum was SO funny! We saw it over spring break with the girls (it was at this movie theatre that serves food). The kids loved the Easter Island guy. The one that said "Dum-Dum, I want my Gum-gum" Then the watchman gives him gum and the stupid statue can't talk! And the monkey was just too funny!

Did you know there's a sequel to National Treasure coming out at Christmas? We were on the Disney web site b/c it had previews for Underdog (which looks cute) and there was a website for the second National Treasure. I don't think that's the name of it though.

Nancy Drew looks cute too.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm, we liked National Treasure (saw it on video, though). I didn't know there was a Nancy Drew movie coming out- I'll have to check on it
!