Where's your wedding dress?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
lunasmom's thread got me thinking about this...

If you're married, what have you done with your wedding dress? When we moved to the US I was debating what to do with mine. I ended up bringing it with me because I couldn't decide.

So it's still sitting in its special box that it went into after it was dry cleaned after the wedding.

If I have a daughter, I might bring it out one day to show her, but otherwise, I can't imagine every opening it again. But I can't bear to sell it, even though it'll probably just stay in its box for the rest of my life.

I'm not a packrat at all, but I just can't stand to sell this dress!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine is hanging on my back porch.....probly a bad place, but wasnt sure where else to put it. I have considered selling it though....

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine's wadded up and stuffed in a plastic bag somewhere in my basement. I was thinking about giving it to my friend's little girls to play dress-up in.

lady jayne grey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When I cleaned out my parents' house I had to decide what to do with my mom's dress. I was already married, am an only child, and the only grandchildren were cats and a dog. The material was falling aprt so it couldn't be used for dress up by a kid. I wound up throwing it out; I never did anything harder!

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine's in a closet - uncleaned.
I kept meaning to send it off for cleaning and just never got around to it. (We're celebrating our 3 year anniversary this summer.) I should just donate it because I'm never going to use it again, and I wouldn't expect my child to use it. Though it would probably be a fun dress up costume for someone.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mine is in the back closet in it's garment bag (not hanging!). I do plan on having it preserved very soon. I will not part with it! I spent my whole life dreaming of the dress to wear it just once...so I'm not gonna part with it! I also have my Mom's wedding dress from when she married my Dad.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
mine's still in the box from the dry cleaners, and I believe its in my parents' attic... since I'm divorced and it means nothing to me, I should try to sell it!!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

mine's still in the box from the dry cleaners, and I believe its in my parents' attic... since I'm divorced and it means nothing to me, I should try to sell it!!
hey from the other thread you could put only used once?

well since i dont have a wedding dress i am leaving this thread now

mulenag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mine is in a garment bag, uncleaned, torn and stained. I wanted to have an inexpensive wedding so my dress was one of those $99 bargains. I loved my dress, but I guess at that price I'm not too attached to it. I have other wedding day keepsakes that I cherish much more than the dress.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MuleNag

Mine is in a garment bag, uncleaned, torn and stained. I wanted to have an inexpensive wedding so my dress was one of those $99 bargains. I loved my dress, but I guess at that price I'm not too attached to it. I have other wedding day keepsakes that I cherish much more than the dress.
Samehere! If I wasn't so drunk at the reception, or the guest, I would have yelled at all the ladies wanting to help bustle the dress THE WRONG WAY. I have so many pulls in the back now. Not sure what to do with the dress. It hasn't been cleaned yet either. I did hang it up nicely in a garmet bag.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My wedding dress from my first marriage is gone.I sold it because my Daughter didn't want it.
Mine from my second wedding is in my hope chest waiting for my Daughter should she want to wear it one day.(It's nothing fancy though)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

Samehere! If I wasn't so drunk at the reception, or the guest, I would have yelled at all the ladies wanting to help bustle the dress THE WRONG WAY. I have so many pulls in the back now. Not sure what to do with the dress. It hasn't been cleaned yet either. I did hang it up nicely in a garmet bag.
FYI....I was told that if you do want to keep the dress, it's best to not hang it because they typically weigh a bit and the fabric will stretch over time if you leave them hanging. So mine is kind of laying there till I do get it preserved and what not.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I honestly don't know whether my wedding dress is still around or not! It might be among my parents's things, but I don't think it's with mine.

I designed it myself: candlelight satin with a chiffon overlay, a slight train, sheer angelwing sleeves... soft, drippy lace around the scoop neck. The veil was the best part, though -- a Juliet cap, satin covered with lace flowers trimmed out and tacked to it so the edges of each flower were free, and a floor-length chiffon veil falling from a cluster of gathers at the lower back edge of the cap. It was very pretty, if I do say so myself.

The marriage was a huge mistake, which we quickly rectified... but it was a lovely wedding!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine is cleaned and preserved. I won't wear it again, but I don't want to sell it.

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, its not cleaned but its in one of those space bags in the cupboard

I just can't throw it out! It means way too much!

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine is hanging in the nursery closet....it's the only place we had room to hang it...

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine is in a bag uncleaned on the floor in my mother's house. I was very skinny when I got married. I don't think anyone would fit in my dress not even my daughter.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

FYI....I was told that if you do want to keep the dress, it's best to not hang it because they typically weigh a bit and the fabric will stretch over time if you leave them hanging. So mine is kind of laying there till I do get it preserved and what not.
TY I guess I shouldn't have listen to mom who didn't keep her dress. LoL Now I have a reason to unhang it.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine's in the big box post-drycleaning. I take it out occasionally and have a look. I really loved it. I probably couldn't get one leg into it now!!

I showed it to Max once, not to bring up the past but because it was there and I thought he might be interested in seeing it. Well, erm....he was interested. But not in the way I expected. He, er... got a bit ... um, amorous towards me as soon as he saw it!!

Now THAT was a pleasant surprise!!