How to get rid of a zit

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a wedding this coming weekend..and a couple of unwelcome zits to boot!

Can you tell me your zit-zapping secrets please?

Thanks guys!

(I am so annoyed, I started getting pimples when I turned 25
)

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't squeeze them!

Use hot compresses to bring it to the surface.

Use an astringent to absorb excess oils.

I would suggest using something like clearasil soap. That's what I used when I was a teenager and rarely had pimples, and when one showed up, it was gone in a couple of days just from using clearasil on a regular basis on my skin.

If you are on birth control, that's probably the source of your pimples. Added hormones tend to cause skin outbreaks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Don't squeeze them!

Use hot compresses to bring it to the surface.

Use an astringent to absorb excess oils.

I would suggest using something like clearasil soap. That's what I used when I was a teenager and rarely had pimples, and when one showed up, it was gone in a couple of days just from using clearasil on a regular basis on my skin.

If you are on birth control, that's probably the source of your pimples. Added hormones tend to cause skin outbreaks.
Thanks!! I don't think its the BC pill as I have been on it for like 10 years...I can't help but squeeze them!! HELP!

alice_curiouser

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Added hormones tend to cause skin outbreaks.
As does stress, so try to relax (easier said than done when planning a wedding, I know).

I use Walmart's generic version of zit cream, and it's pretty good. I've also heard white toothpaste, but I've not tried that, myself.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by alice_curiouser

As does stress, so try to relax (easier said than done when planning a wedding, I know).

I use Walmart's generic version of zit cream, and it's pretty good. I've also heard white toothpaste, but I've not tried that, myself.
Oh its not my wedding...if it were I would be crying

I have toothpaste and zit cream slathered all over it
I hope noone pops in for a visit.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Drink water...lots of it (i.e. the 8 glasses a day people tell you you're suppose to drink).

It'll be there one more day and then gone.

Otherwise the toothpaste thing should work.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
put toothpaste on it tonight before you go to bed and it will draw it to a head. Also- start washing with Oil of Olay Dual Action Cleanser + Toner- best stuff ever!!! i never break out anymore since i've been using it!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I thought birth control was supposed to stop pimples. I had really bad acne until my dermatologist put me on the pill and now I just get a few every now and then.

I have heard the toothpaste thing before too. I have never tried it because it sounds gross.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mybabyphx

*Whisper* Can you post pics? I would love to see this! *Whisper*
Oh YEAH, I am going to post pics of THAT!!

I am not that much of a freak...

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover19

I thought birth control was supposed to stop pimples. I had really bad acne until my dermatologist put me on the pill and now I just get a few every now and then.

I have heard the toothpaste thing before too. I have never tried it because it sounds gross.
It depends on the version of the pill. I was on one in early college that made me break out more than I did without it.

The one I'm on right now doesn't give me any problems though. I think its just the amount of hormones they pack into it.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm on the BC Shot and I know the zits can get bad. I use Spectro-jell face clenser it dosn't really foam up but it works extreemly well I might only have 1 little zit every once in a blue moon. Normally because I missed a spot with the clenser.