Argh! Its a beautiful day, and people are STILL rude!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Geesh, I was just at the grocery store and its a zoo in there..

I am coming around a corner with my cart, and another young woman, about my age is coming around toward me at the same time.. Well, I stopped my cart to let her go by..and she mutters to me "well if your gonna go, GO!"

I looked at her and bore my evil eyes into her for the whole time she passed me..too bad she had made her rude comment with her eyes on the floor like a damn coward anyway...or else she would have seen the wrath of my stink eye!

What is wrong with miserable people? IMO they should stay indoors!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trouts mom;1761375 said:
Geesh, I was just at the grocery store and its a zoo in there..

I am coming around a corner with my cart, and another young woman, about my age is coming around toward me at the same time.. Well, I stopped my cart to let her go by..and she mutters to me "well if your gonna go, GO!"

I looked at her and bore my evil eyes into her for the whole time she passed me..too bad she had made her rude comment with her eyes on the floor like a damn coward anyway...or else she would have seen the wrath of my stink eye!

What is wrong with miserable people?
IMO they should stay indoors!
quote]

If they stayed indoors then the poor cat(s) have to suffer.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That kinda stuff drives me batty. I also cant stand people who purposely cut you off..run their cart into you and step right infront of you while your reaching for something..

evil people

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes i get this strange urge to run rude people over with my shopping cart

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate it when people leave their cart in the middle of the aisle or they slow as molasses...I just hate grocery shopping in general. Not because of the shopping, but because of the idiotic people!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Actually, I couldn't even comprehend that a stranger would talk to me like that..I was almost paralyzed with surprise as she passed by me..I couldn't even utter a word because I was so shocked she said that to me. Then after a few minutes I wished I saw her again, and I would've told her exactly what I thought

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WTH is wrong with people really, ... who needs to be hostile all the time and especially in the grocery store...and especially this day in age where people just shoot you for saying the wrong thing to them, she's lucky you aren't a crazy woman

loreye

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had an incident, and if this woman's baby wasn't so cute I would have knocked the damn raisons out of her mommy's hands. I came around the corner and about half way down the aisle facing me was a man pushing a cart with a baby in it, and the mother/wife walking alongside. (narrow aisle, small town grocery). They stop, and the woman opens a thing of raisins and holds them out for the little one, instead of feeding them to her she waits for the little one to take one out of the jar. I am slowly walking down the aisle because I was hoping the charade would be over when I got there and she would see me and scoot back over so I could get past them.

DID NOT HAPPEN. I stood there while she waited for her baby to see that the little black things were food... and that mommy wanted her to take one.

I could have said "excuse me" but I didn't want to seem rude.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

That's when you "accidently" run your cart into the back of thier feet

People are crazy lately - there was a car accident outside and this guy got out of his car and started shouting at the cops that they were wasting his time making him go on the detour (the whole 5 min walk of a detour - it is like 4 houses along and 6 down to get to where he would have ended up anyway)

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OMG today people werent any better! I live right by a funeral home and today there was funeral. Well I was out front of my house with my basset boy Bruno because I was cleaning out our flower bed to get ready to start planting and the funeral director knows me and David very well. And we try and be respectful of the people and what is going on. Some lady walked by and Bruno was sitting being very well behaved and she had the nerve to call me a disrespectful brat because I had my dog outside while people were going into the funeral home. I didnt even do anything...and neither did Bruno he ignores people he doesnt know so I dont know what her deal was. The woman whos husband had passed away was outside smoking a cigarette and came over and apologized to me after hearing what the other lady said. Mrs Johnson (the lady who apologized) even complimented Bruno on how well behaved he was and she just loved him. She was giving him belly rubs and just snuggling him up and said this was the best moment shes had since her husband passed away. Even tho some people can be really rude Im glad that Mrs J. (as she prefers to be called..lol) had a good moment and Bruno was helpful. Who knows maybe there is hope for my bad boy after all!!!!!!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

thats why they wont let you carry guns

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I feel the same way sometimes ! I hate shopping and thats anywhere whether it be grocery shopping or other shopping! I really hate it though whenever you say excuse me and you are trying to get by and the person stands there and doesn't listen at all
and of course I say it nicely a few more times and then I would generally get mad and flip out a little bit
We have a lot of those people here that like to take their time or stand there adn when u say excuse me several times u get ignored!

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Other day I was getting in to line (I don't ever even get a cart, so I must have had like 5 things) and as I was setting them down this guy came up behind me and accused me of cutting in front of him. He was carrying his things, and was not even near the line when I came up. I still have no idea how I cut in front of him. Awesomely, he was buying a 40 and didn't have enough money. So he took for freaking ever. The cashier was looking at me the whole time like he was in pain.

People just are rude.

I also hate escalators, on a side note. If you come thundering up behind me and I move way over to the side, either pass me or don't stand 5 inches away from me. AH! It's moving, how fast need you be at the top?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Actually, I couldn't even comprehend that a stranger would talk to me like that..I was almost paralyzed with surprise as she passed by me..I couldn't even utter a word because I was so shocked she said that to me. Then after a few minutes I wished I saw her again, and I would've told her exactly what I thought
it just amazes me how rude people can be sometimes!!! growing up i was always taught to be polite, say yes ma'am, yes sir....the whole nine yards- it makes me soo mad when people just abandon all deciency and turn into royal demons and snap/act rude towards others. how would they feel if we responded the same way to them? they wouldn't like it - so why do it to others! Uhhh rude people really irk me!

Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

That's when you "accidently" run your cart into the back of thier feet
hummmm
i like the way you think Alycia

Originally Posted by theimp98

thats why they wont let you carry guns
hehe you got that right
(although i could get a concealed weapons permit
lol (j/k- i'm huge on gun safety and responsibility!)

Originally Posted by ProudKittieMom

I feel the same way sometimes ! I hate shopping and thats anywhere whether it be grocery shopping or other shopping! I really hate it though whenever you say excuse me and you are trying to get by and the person stands there and doesn't listen at all
and of course I say it nicely a few more times and then I would generally get mad and flip out a little bit
We have a lot of those people here that like to take their time or stand there adn when u say excuse me several times u get ignored!
Oh i hate that too- it's like they ignore you on purpose!!! When they do that i say excuse me a few more times and if they don't move ....i cough....VERY loudly to get their attention...if that doesn't work i just say excuse me and push right on past them
I HATE shopping at Wal-mart- that store is by far the worst around here- it's an absolute nightmare- and what's bad are the employees- they're the ones who won't let you by and are rude to you!
I've started shopping more at Target and the grocery stores just to avoid it and only go when i have to.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

I also hate escalators, on a side note. If you come thundering up behind me and I move way over to the side, either pass me or don't stand 5 inches away from me. AH! It's moving, how fast need you be at the top?
I hate escalators too. I'm scared of them. I fell of one (it was close to the bottom anyways but enough to scare the devil out of me) when i was a little girl when i got my shoe lace stuck in it. I freaked out!!! To this day i grip the sides for dear life and make sure i know exactly where my feet are before i get on- i HATE it when people walk up and down them just becase they're in a hurry- if they trip someone from up high- they could make them fall and it could potentially be fatal! Uhhh some people just don't think!!!!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love 24 hour supermarkets. I now go at odd times when there's hardly anyone else in the store. Especially now that I work nights. I am up all night on my nights off anyway so I go to the supermarket.

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WhosaMyHercules

OMG today people werent any better! I live right by a funeral home and today there was funeral. Well I was out front of my house with my basset boy Bruno because I was cleaning out our flower bed to get ready to start planting and the funeral director knows me and David very well. And we try and be respectful of the people and what is going on. Some lady walked by and Bruno was sitting being very well behaved and she had the nerve to call me a disrespectful brat because I had my dog outside while people were going into the funeral home. I didnt even do anything...and neither did Bruno he ignores people he doesnt know so I dont know what her deal was. The woman whos husband had passed away was outside smoking a cigarette and came over and apologized to me after hearing what the other lady said. Mrs Johnson (the lady who apologized) even complimented Bruno on how well behaved he was and she just loved him. She was giving him belly rubs and just snuggling him up and said this was the best moment shes had since her husband passed away. Even tho some people can be really rude Im glad that Mrs J. (as she prefers to be called..lol) had a good moment and Bruno was helpful. Who knows maybe there is hope for my bad boy after all!!!!!!
I don't understand what could be disrespectful about having your dog outside while there's a funeral going on ... You live beside a funeral home. What, are you supposed to stay inside every time there's a funeral? That makes no sense to me.

I go grocery-shopping with my fiance, J. He's a big guy (over 6' tall, broad shoulders, muscular) and he knows it. He's another "combat shopper." People get out of his way, and if they don't, he forces the issue. He isn't actually abusive or even rude, but if you leave your cart so that it's obstructing the aisle, he'll move it to one side; if you run into one of your friends and both of you feel compelled to have your carts side-by-side, blocking the aisle, he'll make sure you get out of the way. J is there to shop -- he's a man on a mission, and you'd better well not get in the way of that!

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mirinae

He's another "combat shopper." People get out of his way, and if they don't, he forces the issue. He isn't actually abusive or even rude, but if you leave your cart so that it's obstructing the aisle, he'll move it to one side; if you run into one of your friends and both of you feel compelled to have your carts side-by-side, blocking the aisle, he'll make sure you get out of the way. J is there to shop -- he's a man on a mission, and you'd better well not get in the way of that!
I'm the same way... if you've left your cart in the middle of the aisle, I'll move it. I don't care. And if you see me move it, then all the better. I'm a nice person, really. I'm about as polite as can be (except when driving). But it is common courtesy to keep carts to one side of an aisle to let others pass. Period. If you can't maintain that tiny bit of courtesy and respect, then you better hope and pray you aren't in the same store i shop in. I'll move your cart... loudly.

People think I'm this squeaky-clean goody-two-shoes... not. One of my co-workers at the store was shocked to hear me be 'bad' last week (was teasing another lady about her crush on Spiderman... we had some wall decals of SM up near the registers... an she was going over there to 'feel Spidey up' ... so I was teasing her... the other lady was shocked at this... she didn't think I had it in me.. little do they know).

A.