Who Else Has Horses?? Lets See Em!!!!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always LOVED horses and I would just like see what everyone else has! Horses are just so beautiful no matter the breed!!!!

All four horses, from the left.... Skippy, Holly, Bonnet, and Princess

Another of all four

Oh yeah, I forgot to mension the goat. His name is Cookie, he came with the Palamino (Skippy) and the black horse (Holly). That goat thinks he's a horse and never leaves the herd!!!

My baby, Bonnet. This pic is from a few years ago! In my Senior Prom Dress.

keisha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Your horses are beutiful, you are lucky to have them. And I love your dress, its such a pretty picture. And you look so familiar but I don't know why. Since you are from Cedar Rapids, I wouldn't know you, or atleast I wouldn't think I would. Hmm.

I have one horse, we got her back in Feburary, my first one. Her name is Slewlea, but we call her Lea. She is a 18 yr old throughbred mare, we wanted an older gentle horse for our first one, (my mom had horses but not since she was younger) and she is really sweet sometimes. And other times she is the biggest brat in the world. But we still love her. Shes a retired racer (and boy can she run, on nice days she spends her time running as fast as she can around the pasture) and brood mare. If you know who seattle slew is, thats her grandpa. For those who don't he is a triple crown winner, and here is his website: http://www.seattleslew.com/ . She is supposed to be broke but hasn't been ridden for along time, so I think we are sending her off to a trainer, for a refresher. And to get her hooves trimmed. I'll put pics on when I can of her. Hopefully soon, i'm not at my house to take any new ones of her.
Here are some of the pics: (they are taken when we had the HUGE snowstorm, and were without power for a week)

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is Vixen shes a quarab endurance racer.
and as you can see we also do rennisance stuff with her

This is her daughter Laira, we no longer own her. but shes a beauty as you can see

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

I've always LOVED horses and I would just like see what everyone else has! Horses are just so beautiful no matter the breed!!!!
I do not have any horses but I wanted to mention that I live in a fairly large city which means I hardly ever get to see a horse but yesterday while driving right in the city, I pulled up to a red light and was treated to a beautiful view of horses galloping about.
For you other people from Plano, I am talking about on the corner of Park and Independence.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is Tiamo Bella, she is a thouroughbred, she will begin training in the fall, She's much bigger now:

This is Exhibit(The Momma, also Tiamo Bella's Momma) and her baby Colt, he has not been named yet, he is Seattle Slew's(Derby Winner)Grandson:

Exhibit just delivered another foal the other day we have yet to take pics of her. Also Seattle Slews Grandchild.Their Daddy is Slew City Slew.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh my gosh what beautiful horses!!!! I know who Seattle Slew is...that's amazing!!!!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh my goodness! Everyone has beautiful horses!

I hope to have a horse someday.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keisha;1761759 said:
Your horses are beutiful, you are lucky to have them. And I love your dress, its such a pretty picture. And you look so familiar but I don't know why. Since you are from Cedar Rapids, I wouldn't know you, or atleast I wouldn't think I would. Hmm.

I noticed you were from IA, where at?? I'm originally from Washington, don't know if that helps any.

I can't believe your horse came from Seattle...that's amazing!

My mare, the paint, is 20 years old....I'm not so sure if they loose any life or energy when they get older because this horse is A LOT of fun. I'm actually going down there today to go running on her! I'm so excited...anxiously waiting for 2pm when I'm leaving to go down there. I drive an hour there and an hour back once a week every week just to ride. I'm crazy with these gas prices!!!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Keisha

I have one horse, we got her back in Feburary, my first one. Her name is Slewlea, but we call her Lea. She is a 18 yr old throughbred mare, we wanted an older gentle horse for our first one, (my mom had horses but not since she was younger) and she is really sweet sometimes. And other times she is the biggest brat in the world. But we still love her. Shes a retired racer (and boy can she run, on nice days she spends her time running as fast as she can around the pasture) and brood mare. If you know who seattle slew is, thats her grandpa. For those who don't he is a triple crown winner, and here is his website: http://www.seattleslew.com/ . She is supposed to be broke but hasn't been ridden for along time, so I think we are sending her off to a trainer, for a refresher. And to get her hooves trimmed. I'll put pics on when I can of her. Hopefully soon, i'm not at my house to take any new ones of her.
Here are some of the pics: (they are taken when we had the HUGE snowstorm, and were without power for a week)
Hey our horses are related Seattle slew is their Grandpa too

keisha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I noticed you were from IA, where at?? I'm originally from Washington, don't know if that helps any.

I can't believe your horse came from Seattle...that's amazing!

My mare, the paint, is 20 years old....I'm not so sure if they loose any life or energy when they get older because this horse is A LOT of fun. I'm actually going down there today to go running on her! I'm so excited...anxiously waiting for 2pm when I'm leaving to go down there. I drive an hour there and an hour back once a week every week just to ride. I'm crazy with these gas prices!!!
Do you know where Decorah is?
Hey our horses are related Seattle slew is their Grandpa too
So they would be cousins right?, thats pretty neat.

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to have a horse and my uncle had a handful of horses I got to ride as well. (My horse was stabled with my uncle's horses).

My horse was a lovely Icelandic horse/pony (they're traditionally called horses but really they're actually ponies to be honest) called Baldur. I lived in Iceland then and the only breed of horses there is the Icelandic horse (it's been forbidden to import horses into Iceland since around year 1000) as a consequence the only horse I know how to ride is the Icelandics. They have 5 gaits and are absolutely lovely.

I have a few photos from a horse trek I did back in 2000 or 2001 (I don't quite remember). I borrowed two of my uncle's horses and took my horse as well for a proper horse trek. You needed atleast 3 horses per person to be able to take part. It was a weeklong trip and SO much fun.

The horses were used to cross glacial rivers in the past so here's one of the guides showing us how it's done in a lake.

We actually got slightly lost on top of a mountain. We knew where to go and could see it but the route there was a bit tricky to find. We ended up stopping to let the guide get his head together.

A well deserved break on the longest day which was a full 8 hours of riding

and finally a picture of the herd. I was really lucky and my horse is the brown one with the yellow halter on, very easily visible there.

How you travel when you do treks like this is since the horse to people ratio is atleast 3 to 1. You turn the extra horses loose and drive them along with you in a herd. The horses have to learn how to do this properly so you often take a few young horses with you just to run in the herd without being ridden so they'll get used to the whole thing. There are people riding in the front and then people riding in the back of the herd to make sure everyone goes where they're supposed to. It's a lot of fun and the landscape can be absolutely amazing.

I miss my horse
I ended up selling him when it was clear I was going to be moving to Scotland. My uncle still keeps horses so I usually get to ride when I go home for a visit if his horses are stabled. (In iceland you pull the shoes off the horses and let them go wild for around 3-4 months in the autumn and they're not ridden at all then).

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Siggav

I used to have a horse and my uncle had a handful of horses I got to ride as well. (My horse was stabled with my uncle's horses).

My horse was a lovely Icelandic horse/pony (they're traditionally called horses but really they're actually ponies to be honest) called Baldur. I lived in Iceland then and the only breed of horses there is the Icelandic horse (it's been forbidden to import horses into Iceland since around year 1000) as a consequence the only horse I know how to ride is the Icelandics. They have 5 gaits and are absolutely lovely.

I have a few photos from a horse trek I did back in 2000 or 2001 (I don't quite remember). I borrowed two of my uncle's horses and took my horse as well for a proper horse trek. You needed atleast 3 horses per person to be able to take part. It was a weeklong trip and SO much fun.

The horses were used to cross glacial rivers in the past so here's one of the guides showing us how it's done in a lake.

We actually got slightly lost on top of a mountain. We knew where to go and could see it but the route there was a bit tricky to find. We ended up stopping to let the guide get his head together.

A well deserved break on the longest day which was a full 8 hours of riding

and finally a picture of the herd. I was really lucky and my horse is the brown one with the yellow halter on, very easily visible there.

How you travel when you do treks like this is since the horse to people ratio is atleast 3 to 1. You turn the extra horses loose and drive them along with you in a herd. The horses have to learn how to do this properly so you often take a few young horses with you just to run in the herd without being ridden so they'll get used to the whole thing. There are people riding in the front and then people riding in the back of the herd to make sure everyone goes where they're supposed to. It's a lot of fun and the landscape can be absolutely amazing.

I miss my horse
I ended up selling him when it was clear I was going to be moving to Scotland. My uncle still keeps horses so I usually get to ride when I go home for a visit if his horses are stabled. (In iceland you pull the shoes off the horses and let them go wild for around 3-4 months in the autumn and they're not ridden at all then).
Wow, what an interesting story. I've always loved riding and had our daughter in lessons as a young girl. I too love horses.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

All four horses, from the left.... Skippy, Holly, Bonnet, and Princess

Another of all four

Oh yeah, I forgot to mension the goat. His name is Cookie, he came with the Palamino (Skippy) and the black horse (Holly). That goat thinks he's a horse and never leaves the herd!!!

My baby, Bonnet. This pic is from a few years ago! In my Senior Prom Dress.
The picture of you on the horse is really nice! I love the background! I have always loved horses, but don't have anyway to provide or care for one.

spirita2010

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My grandma, and grandpa used to show, and breed horses, Belgians.
But after their babies started dieing, they stopped, and were very sad about it, (it was something about their barn...) They have no clue what was wrong.. They even got every horse vet checked after words, the babies were 6 months or so when they died.
But they showed the mares, their stallion they didn't show, because he was a hassle.. I don't know why.. But they didn't. I wish they still had horses when my grandpa was alive.. But they didn't. Oh well. I think it was cool that they showed horses, and did all that work, they did it for the love of their horses, and the love of Belgians.
(and I asked my grandma if they made much money, and she said, nope.) hehe, living proof breeding does not get you money! Which is great!! They loved those horses. And they were very beuatiful!

keisha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Yes do you know there Daddy/mommy's name... which ever one is Seattle Slews Blood relative??
It was her father who was Seattle Slew's son. I can't remember his name at the moment though. When I go back home, I'll let youknow.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH MY GOODNESS!!!! 7 DRAFTS!!!! I can't even imagine how much these guys eat!!! They are beautiful horses though. I really want to get a draft when I have a place to keep my own horses (my grandparents were nice enough to let us keep them on their land!). What do you do with all these big horses??