My 1000th post! *LOL*

kaleetha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It certainly took me long enough! *laugh* I've been a member for over a year... I just hardly ever post.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats! I hit my 1,000th post not too long ago. I didn't even realize until awhile after it happened.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kaleetha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks!! Like I said, I lurk but don't post so much. Mostly cause of school.... :p I'm almost done though. Just a few papers to write... and then I'll need to do some work over the summer. Master's Degree... here I come!

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats!

I've been here a little over a year and I'm slowly but surely making my way to the title of Top Cat.. so when I get to 1,199 posts, I'll be making a thread like this one..

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations!
Here's to the next 1000!

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kaleetha

Thanks!! Like I said, I lurk but don't post so much. Mostly cause of school.... :p I'm almost done though. Just a few papers to write... and then I'll need to do some work over the summer. Master's Degree... here I come!
Congrats on posts and on going for your master's degree! I have heard it is easier and tougher than undergrad
What program are you going for? Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kaleetha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hey Bonnie,

I'm finishing up a Technical Communications degree. It is both harder and easier...
I did 20 credits for two semesters in a row (I REALLY don't recommend that) because I wanted to finish in a year. I didn't quite make it, I'll have to defend my thesis next fall... but the good news is I can do that from a distance (which is good -- I really, really dislike the place I'm in right now.)

Most of the classes are really interesting, but there's more work involved than with an Undergrad degree -- on the other hand, you aren't supposed to take as many credits. Theoretically it all balances out....

Are you/did you go for your masters?

The best part about school was that I was never alone... one of the cats was always on me, on my desk, or in the basket on the desk... some times all three of them in all three places at once! It makes homework interesting.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, they do add something special to homework.
I am finishing my undergrad in social science, has taken me 6 years going full-time to get it. Others tell me I should go for a masters but I'm still not sure. I am so tired. I know the master's program would be more intense but just maybe more enjoyable, too. I have heard there are social justice programs at some universities but none are close to me. That is what I am really interested in.

Technical Communications sounds fascinating! What path do you see yourself taking with it ?

My little sis is finishing her masters in education and preparing to get another masters, this one in writing. She is brilliant

Congrats again! I don't know how you did 20 credits - 12 is full time, right?

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations!!!! I've been a member for a long time, too, and I've just passed that landmark myself.