Tornado Outbreak

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So there's a tornado outbreak in the States right now... hope everyone is okay. Here's a satellite image showing cloud tops of western North America. Looks bad.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm watching the news here
I just saw Sweetwater (town in the next county over) get hit by a F3-F4 tornado. The school and town was directly hit and the storm chaser is currently talking about wells and oil drums are being torn up.

I feel really bad now. User AlleyGirl made a post about heading to Oklahoma yesterday (leaving this morning?). I looked at our weather - warm and stormy- and knew there would be tornadoes in Oklahoma. I feel awful for not posting to warn her that she was heading into this.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I hope there isn't any loss of life - Last night Kansas got hit hard.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats scary- we're supposed to get strong storms tomorrow

I hope everyone in its path stays safe!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Greensburg, Kansas got hit really hard. I know we have quite a few members in the storm area. I really wish we could hear if they are okay but their power might be out.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Thats scary- we're supposed to get strong storms tomorrow

I hope everyone in its path stays safe!
Yeah southern Minnesota looks pretty close to the bad storms. Hopefully nothing too bad hits you and Natalie and everyone else.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Moz

Yeah southern Minnesota looks pretty close to the bad storms. Hopefully nothing too bad hits you and Natalie and everyone else.
Natalie lives in Southern MN- I live right by the Wisconsin border, 2 hrs from her, but my family lives about 20 minutes from Natalie's house, so I'm praying that they stay safe as well

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Moz

Greensburg, Kansas got hit really hard. I know we have quite a few members in the storm area. I really wish we could hear if they are okay but their power might be out.
Greensburg is pretty much gone, it was a direct hit. 30 something injured, 9 dead.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, scarey! That storm even shows in the southern part of Manitoba and Ontario.

I haven't heard anything about a tornado in Manitoba yet though.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Wow, scarey! That storm even shows in the southern part of Manitoba and Ontario.

I haven't heard anything about a tornado in Manitoba yet though.
Yeah in southeastern Saskatchewan and (I think) southwestern Mantioba there was/is a rainfall warning in effect.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am in South central Nebraska, we have been under watches all day. I can't take another tornado right now. We had one April 20th that hit 1 mile west of our town. It was a f3 that was 3/4 of a mile wide. It destroyed mostly farms and livestock. I have a feeling it is going to be a bad tornado season.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by abbycats

I am in South central Nebraska, we have been under watches all day. I can't take another tornado right now. We had one April 20th that hit 1 mile west of our town. It was a f3 that was 3/4 of a mile wide. It destroyed mostly farms and livestock. I have a feeling it is going to be a bad tornado season.
If I were you I'd be hiding in the shelter ALL NIGHT with the kitties and family. I go nuts whenever there's a thunderstorm warning.

Originally Posted by strange_wings

I feel really bad now. User AlleyGirl made a post about heading to Oklahoma yesterday (leaving this morning?). I looked at our weather - warm and stormy- and knew there would be tornadoes in Oklahoma. I feel awful for not posting to warn her that she was heading into this.
Do you know where she was headed?

Vibes for everyone in the affected areas.
{{{{{}}}}}

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I live in iowa and they are having some warnings west of us. Its gonna be a long night I wont be able to go to sleep until i know the threat is past us. I am even thinking of putting the cats in the basement for the night.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

Has anyone seen the pictures of Greensburg?
http://www.kansas.com/static/slides/...ornadoaerials/

There's nothing left! I can't imagine rebuilding or going through anything like this!
Thanks for posting those. It's so insane how more people didn't die. You'd think there would be more fatalities with that kind of damage.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Natalie lives in Southern MN- I live right by the Wisconsin border, 2 hrs from her, but my family lives about 20 minutes from Natalie's house, so I'm praying that they stay safe as well
Yeah, it's windier than all get out here. Tornado watch is a couple of counties from me & Kenz's family.