What kind of internet service do you have?

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just answered a post that warned "dial-up" and I was wondering how many of us still have dial-up. I still do although it is supposedly the "accelerated" dial-up. This would be useful information when posting pictures.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have DSL it is thru our phone company, and well I love it! So much faster than what it was thru our cable! We have had and tried many providers as u can see

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ProudKittieMom

We have DSL it is thru our phone company, and well I love it! So much faster than what it was thru our cable! We have had and tried many providers as u can see
Glad to know I aint the only one... who thinks dsl is faster than cable

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Glad to know I aint the only one... who thinks dsl is faster than cable
I will admit we have had some problems with it because they gave us a bad modem, but soon as they sent us a new one we really havent had no problems and i just cant believe how fast it is
And we also live in a sort of wooded area that does cause some problems with our internet service and such, but I have had no problems and when it goes out it comes on within a day or so, and when it was cable they would have to come out and ugh it was trouble
I am so glad that cable didn't provide the wireless internet adapters (u had to buy that seperatly and if it broke then o well) And DSL did! But I am also glad I am not the only one who thinks dsl is faster

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also get my DSL through the phone company and love it! I'm spoiled now and don't think I could ever go back to dial up (unless I moved someplace where I didn't have a choice).

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
We have cable because it was available 3 years ago. I think DSL is just now available. Since we haven't had any problems and the cable is good, I don't think we will switch. I know we don't want to go back to dial-up.

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have DSL. I used to have dial up and I could never go back to it! I have used dial up since I got DSL on other computers and it drove me nuts! We would like to have cable internet but they do not provide it where I live. And we are also hooked up to wireless, which is great for my laptop!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still have dial-up unfortunately. John called the phone company about 2 months ago and ordered DSL... they said it would be 1-4 weeks because it wasn't available in our area and they'd have to update all of the boxes or something. But it's been a lot longer than their 4 week max... so I'm going to have him call this week again. Dial-up isn't really that awful, but my computer has a bad modem so I have to re-connect every 5 minutes or so, and the highest connection speed I usually get is 24.0 Kbps.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have cable internet too. But no cable TV. I spend more time on the internet anyway! After this, I think I'd go mad trying to do all I do on the Internet through a dial-up connection!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

I go crazy at work with a slower DSL connection, let alone the thought of dial up!
Same here! The DSL at work makes me want to chuck the computers out the door sometimes!
(No windows to throw anything out of!)

mcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nothing else is available here in the woods and foothills of mountains. I can't have cable TV either. I do have satellite TV, but my SIL warned me against satellite internet. I hate dial-up and I would love to have something else. Pix take forever to load and videos are totally impossible.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Way back when I got my first computer, I had dial up. Then I got cable TV when my dad broke both his feet and moved in with me for 12 weeks (I'm not a TV watcher.) After he left, I added cable internet to the package and was really impressed with the speed. About 6 weeks ago, I added the phone package to the whole thing along with the faster cable internet service (amazing.) I just wish it was a different company than Charter.