Pet's Supplies Plus. Clueless???????????

carrie640

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am sooo sick and tired of people *thinking* they know stuff about this recall, but when they rattle their mouths, I want to B**CH slap them!

I went into Pet's Supplies Plus last night to attempt to locate some NON-MENU FOODS canned food so I can give Ashie's meds in it. There was a chick stocking some shelves and she asked if she could help me. I said, "well, I wish! But I don't even know what I am looking for anymore!" and I kind of laughed..she did, too, knowing exactly what I meant (recall). Then I proceeded to tell her that I had gone to Wellness, but I recently discovered that some of their things are made by Menu. She then decided to dispute what I said saying that Wellness has NOTHING to do with Menu AT ALL and then went somewhere (I am guessing to get information on it). Next thing I know she had her store manager in tow. :censor::censor::censor:!!!!!!!!!!

He said to me, "I guarantee you that everything in this store has been touched at some point by Menu Foods to some degree". Um. I wanted to say...."GET A CLUE, NIMROD". Granted, I am not an expert on foods, but from what I've read from you guys and from what I've read at thepetfoodlist.com, there are places that do THEIR OWN. He then told me that there is NOTHING on their shelves that is included in the recall (which I never once doubted that or asked about it..I simply said I was staying away from Menu anything)....and that he assured me Wellness was PERFECTLY safe.

He was nice...he really was...but I really got the notion he had been getting a lot of people up in arms on HIM about this..as if it were his fault...since he was so in depth on things I never even asked about.

But anyway...when he assured me Wellness was PERFECTLY safe, I wanted to say, "Honey...so was Triumph up until a few days ago...so unless you are a psychic and can tell me FOR SURE nothing terrible is in this....GO AWAY!".

That part of trying to tell me it WAS safe made me a little mad......and then the chick trying to tell me Wellness has NOTHING to do with Menu and they do their own...either that website is wrong or SHE is.

Either way....he did tell me I could take the Innova dry we have...add some water...mush it up...and put it in the microwave for a few seconds and use that to mix her meds in.
I never thought of that.

So it is true, right?? Menu does do some Wellness????

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes it is true Menu does make some of their foods. In one of the past threads I copied an email they sent me when I asked them about that very question.

marishka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carrie640

He was nice...he really was...but I really got the notion he had been getting a lot of people up in arms on HIM about this..as if it were his fault...since he was so in depth on things I never even asked about.
You know, I saw this one day at a small mom and pop shop. I was in the dry cat food aisle, and my sister had come along with me, and we were just talking about the recall, and about some foods, etc. Nothing in particular, really. A guy next to us was looking for a a better food than whatever he normally feeds his cats (my guess is that the recall was an eye opener to whats in pet food), but was getting almost upset at the guy trying to help him, because of the price of the food he was looking at (I think it was wellness core, actually). And the guy was at a loss of defending himself. It was almost sad watching him, because I'm sure they're getting this a lot.