My present for graduation!

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I had been telling my mom I wanted a Pom for my high school graduation present.. and she started looking into it and found out that they're really yappy.. and no one here really wants a dog around that barks a lot.. even though I may be moving soon after. We were out a few weeks ago and went to a pet store in town, and they had a few Japanese Chin puppies for sale. There was one at the pet store I worked at a few months ago, and I thought they were kind of cute. We got one out to play with for a while, but it was almost $800 and there weren't any females (we've had males and like the girls better).. but I loved him soooo much!
When we came home I got online and found a Chin breeder in KS about an hour from where we are, so I emailed her and told her I was interested in a Chin and asked how much they sold for. She said her black and white female was $600 but she had a red and white one that was the "runt" of the litter and almost didn't make it that she'd sell for $350 once she was old enough to leave her mom. We ended up picking a day and going out to see the puppies, and I got some pictures! Too bad I completely forgot my digital camera, but my cell phone pictures aren't very bad.

Here are pictures of Hallie (black and white) and Kinzie (red and white; named by me after I decided I wanted her).

Yeah.. ignore me in this one.. eww.

spirita2010

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aww, they are adorable!! And you are very pretty! Don't beat yourself up! But they are very cute! Congrats on the puppy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the comments! I can't wait to bring her home.. only about four more weeks!

Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

Those are precious pups!! So you decided on the red and white??

Congradulations!!
Yes, and it was a hard decision too.. but she is so cute and you can tell she's a runt.. she's five weeks, and Hallie is seven.. and Hallie is so much bigger than her. I wanted a black and white at first, but I don't think mom will spend $600 for her.

I'm getting so excited! I already went out and had a tag made for Kinzie's collar.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that little runt girl is adorable...she'd be my first choice too, even though she's "discounted."

You do have to wonder why there was a price reduction, however. Is she healthy now? I would find out if she has some prior records from the vet, and would investigate it a bit deeper. A runt shouldn't be of any less monetary value than her littermates if she is truly healthy.

Just a thought.

She is a cutie!

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wookie130 has a good point.
They are both adorable, especially the red/white. Love her name
. You are very pretty too so no more "eww"!

maxy24

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awwww she's adorable and I'm VERY glad you didn't get he pet store puppy though since you should never get a puppy from a pet store. And I will spread the word about an awesome dog forum that will be of great help of you with the puppy www.chazhound.com/forums I'm a member with the same name I have here. Good Luck with the puppy!

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by wookie130

I think that little runt girl is adorable...she'd be my first choice too, even though she's "discounted."

You do have to wonder why there was a price reduction, however. Is she healthy now? I would find out if she has some prior records from the vet, and would investigate it a bit deeper. A runt shouldn't be of any less monetary value than her littermates if she is truly healthy.

Just a thought.

She is a cutie!
She is healthy, she was moving around fast and seemed really happy when we went to visit. My mom was emailing with her owner before we went to visit, and she said she didn't think she'd make it, but since she's okay now, she said she'll sell her privately for $350.. they have a website, but she didn't put her on it, and I got to her before they got the chance.

Originally Posted by Maxy24

Awwww she's adorable and I'm VERY glad you didn't get he pet store puppy though since you should never get a puppy from a pet store. And I will spread the word about an awesome dog forum that will be of great help of you with the puppy www.chazhound.com/forums I'm a member with the same name I have here. Good Luck with the puppy!
I don't think we've ever got any of our cats or dogs from a pet store.. either breeders or from a shelter. We didn't want a male anyways, so even if they were cheaper we probably wouldn't have. And thanks for the link to the dog forum.. I'll have to join.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww thier adorable. It's good that you bought from a breeder. I will never buy from a pet store. Thier puppies come from aweful places (usually puppy mills), and are way over priced. You can go to a breeder, spend less, and get a healthier, better quality animal.

oogieone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How sweet! You are so lucky! My Onyx, believe it or not, was the runt of the litter! I love to choose the "underdog/cat"

But both are adorable...

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Oogieone

How sweet! You are so lucky! My Onyx, believe it or not, was the runt of the litter! I love to choose the "underdog/cat"

But both are adorable...
I've never had a cat or dog that was a runt, so I'm excited to see how she'll be when she's grown up.. but I don't want her to grow too fast!
Her owner said she'll probably only be about 4-6 pounds when she's grown up, so she'll be tiny! They had an older red/white Chin there that was running around outside, and she was adorable.. Kinzie will probably look a lot like her. I can't wait till Kinzie's here..

keisha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
They are really cute, you are lucky, what a great graduation gift. My mom won't pay 600 bucks either, but I'm working on her. Hopefully... My aunt just got two dogs from a breeder, one she got 3 months before the other one though I believe. And they were both 600 a piece. 1200 bucks... I was suprisded. But her kid grew up and went of to the army, so these are her 'kids' now. She sends thm to daycare everyday too...

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Keisha

They are really cute, you are lucky, what a great graduation gift. My mom won't pay 600 bucks either, but I'm working on her. Hopefully... My aunt just got two dogs from a breeder, one she got 3 months before the other one though I believe. And they were both 600 a piece. 1200 bucks... I was suprisded. But her kid grew up and went of to the army, so these are her 'kids' now. She sends thm to daycare everyday too...
Wow.. $1,200 is a lot for two puppies.. in my opinion anyways. But I think the daycare idea is cute.
Good luck with talking your mom into a puppy!

keisha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by h~chan

Wow.. $1,200 is a lot for two puppies.. in my opinion anyways. But I think the daycare idea is cute.
Good luck with talking your mom into a puppy!
Yeah I think so too, my aunt is actually coming over today, bringing both of her dogs. Becuase she lives about 3 hours away and doesnt' want to leave them alone. So we are goig to have five dogs here today which is goign to be crazy.
My moms not too hard to succker into things, my step-dad is even easier. Hes such a push-over. I'm getting four lambs today, anda horse we might keep on wednesday. He cant say no to us, its pretty funny.
But for a new dog, I would wnat to get my moms 'yes' first.