VéRUS Feline Life Advantage Diet

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone ever heard of this food? How do the ingredients sound? This is for Chicken Meal and Brown Rice dry, which appears to be the only cat food they manufacture.

http://www.veruspetfoods.com/

Ingredients
Chicken Meal, Ground Brown Rice, Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherals, Citric Acid, and Rosemary Extract) Dried Potato, Corn Gluten Meal, Menhaden Fish Meal, Chicken, Ground Oats, Dried Beet Pulp, Brewers Dried Yeast, Tomato Pomace, Flaxseed, Natural Flavor, Dried Egg Product,
Salt, Potassium Chloride, Menhaden Oil, Taurine, Dried Chicory Extract/Inulin, Dried Cranberry, Vitamin A Acetate, d-Activated Animal Sterol (source of Vitamin D-3), Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Choline Chloride, Menadione Dimethylpyrimidinol Bisulfate, Calcium Pantothenate, Folic Acid, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Biotin, Ascorbic Acid, dl-Methionine, Inositol, Chelated Complexes of Zinc, Iron, Manganese, Copper and Cobalt,
Calcium Iodated, Sodium Selenate, Calcium Carbonate, and Yucca Schidigera Extract.

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS
Crude Protein (min) 34%
Crude Fat (min) 20%
Crude Fiber (max) 3%
Moisture (max) 10%
Ash (max) 5.6%
Magnesium (max) .095%
Calcium (min) .9%
Phosphorus (min) .7%
Taurine (min) .7%
Vitamin A (min) 26,000iu/kg
Vitamin D (min) 1,650iu/kg
Vitamin E 60iu/kg(min)

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ingredients
Chicken Meal, Ground Brown Ricelower digestability than white rice, Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherals, Citric Acid, and Rosemary Extract) Dried Potatowhy dried?>???, Corn Gluten Meal, Menhaden Fish Mealusually herring but often a NOT for human consumption fish, Chicken, Ground Oats, Dried Beet Pulp, Brewers Dried Yeast, Tomato Pomace, Flaxseed, Natural Flavor, Dried Egg Product,
Salt, Potassium Chloride, Menhaden Oil, Taurine, Dried Chicory Extract/Inulin, Dried Cranberry, Vitamin A Acetate, d-Activated Animal Sterol (source of Vitamin D-3), Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Choline Chloride, Menadione Dimethylpyrimidinol Bisulfate, Calcium Pantothenate, Folic Acid, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Biotin, Ascorbic Acid, dl-Methionine, Inositol, Chelated Complexes of Zinc, Iron, Manganese, Copper and Cobalt,
Calcium Iodated, Sodium Selenate, Calcium Carbonate, and Yucca Schidigera Extract.

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS
Crude Protein (min) 34%
Crude Fat (min) 20%

Crude Fiber (max) 3%
Moisture (max) 10%
Ash (max) 5.6%
Magnesium (max) .095%touch out of UTI health range
Calcium (min) .9%
Phosphorus (min) .7%

Taurine (min) .7%HUMM either this has triple to quaduraple what most have or it is a mis print
Vitamin A (min) 26,000iu/kg
Vitamin D (min) 1,650iu/kg
Vitamin E 60iu/kg(min)

I would say this is a good food for a dry

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the analysis Sharky, and for the continuing education!

How does this food compare to California Natural Chicken and Rice? I tried to figure it out, but I'm just not sure.

Swanie helping me research (If I can remember how to post pictures):

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cal natural the chn is chn rice and flax ... so it would be more digestable ... it also has more protein 36% and a bit less fat 18%.. cal natural is high in fatty acids...

they compare but not a direct accross the board...

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks. They eat the Cal Natural, so I'll stick with that one. Unless I can interest them in the Orijen when I get it.

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Misty8723

Thanks. They eat the Cal Natural, so I'll stick with that one. Unless I can interest them in the Orijen when I get it.
I hope they are interested. For your food trials, I think you need a 3rd cat...a very open minded one, with broad tastes. I have found that peer pressure goes a long way.

I like the pic of Swanie. He looks interested in that bag of food.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by beandip

I hope they are interested. For your food trials, I think you need a 3rd cat...a very open minded one, with broad tastes. I have found that peer pressure goes a long way.
What I need are two less spoiled cats.
I have noo idea how they could have gotten so spoiled

Originally Posted by beandip

I like the pic of Swanie. He looks interested in that bag of food.
Thanks...Swanie is always interested in food (unless its something I want him to be interested in
BTW. here's one way to get your cat to eat something he's already rejected.

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Misty8723

Thanks...Swanie is always interested in food (unless its something I want him to be interested in
BTW. here's one way to get your cat to eat something he's already rejected.
That's priceless.
They always want what they can't have, don't they?