There Here!! There Here! My girls have finally moved in with us!!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My girls are FINALLY here with us in our house!!!!
I'm soo excited! I just finished moving Jasmine, Isabella, and Velvet into Colin's house and so far so well
Velvet- the one i was worried about the most has done awesome! She's been rolling around in the floor meowing for treats and toys and kissing me. Jasmine is exploring a little bit as well but mostly staying with Izzy. Izzy is hiding under the bed and is like "where am i!" poor thing she's going to need some time to adjust. But overall they seem to be adjusting well
My mom also did better than i thought when i came to get them so that helped. Keep your fingers crossed that everything keeps to go well. We will start introducing them to Kojak, Fosters, and Whiskey in two to three days

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
happy to hear that all is going well so far!!!!
how are dogs and kojack doing with all the new ones running around?
i am sure they already smell them

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks guys. they're doing good tonight
they're slowly settling in. jasmine and velvet has started to explore a lot and mark their scent in the room. izzy is still hiding though so hopefully she will warm up soon. the other boys seem to be doing good- they sniff at the door occassionally (girls are in guest room). i put a blankie with the girls scent on it in the room with the doggie/kojak bed so they get used to their scent and vise versa
so far so well
i'll update on them again later on tomorrow!

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats...I am glad the move went well

I hope everyone adjusts quickly and everyone also gets along great
!!

I am so excited for u

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like they are on the way to full adjustment. I hope you are all soon one big happy family.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a quick update while i'm on my lunch break
The girls are doing good today! The only problem seems to be that they're not eating too much (really weird for my girls!) but hopefully that will change as tonight i'm fixing up a batch of some home cooked food for them
Also, Kojak, the sly little snot he is snuck into their bedroom last night when i said goodnight to them without me noticing. Colin said he woke up in the middle of the night to use the restroom and was wondering where Kojak was (he's normally out running around trying to trip us if we walk around) he went around the house looking for him- and low and behold... Kojak was in the bedroom with the girls
I guess he made their aquaintance huh
So they've been introduced now. Also- the dogs are slowly being introducted to them as well one at a time. Whiskey is doing AWESOME!!!! and Fosters is too- we just have to remind him to be calm and not jump. The girls seem to tolerate their brothers well so far

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys!!!! I just got off work a little while ago- so when i got home, i went into the room to see the girls and brush them
When i was in there Kojak was on the other side of the door SCREAMING to see them so i put him on his harness and lead and let him go sit in the room with them for a bit
He just LOVES his new sisters and they are doing well with him too!!
I also did the same thing with the dogs to introduce them gradually. I took them in one at a time and put them in the "lay" position on their leashes and let the girls just sniff them and get used to them- so far so good!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'm so glad it is going well for you. I know you've missed them.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

I'm so glad it is going well for you. I know you've missed them.
thanks jana! it's such a blessing to finally have my girls here!!!! i spent half the night last night just hanging out with them
i know my mom misses them like crazy (That's what is sooo hard! so i'm going to make dinner eithor tomorrow or tuesday between work and invite her over and also so she can see them- i think it might help a little for her to see them doing well.) i'm also worried about Abilene though - the one kitty i left behind that has adopted my mom- she's a grammas girl! my mom said she ran around the house last night crying for them
so my mom is talking about maybe adopting a needy kitty from the shelter i work at so abbie can have a friend/companion. i'm not sure yet though. that's what's been so hard though- i don't want to upset my mom over them- but she's doing ok though so i'm glad.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Thanks guys!!!! I just got off work a little while ago- so when i got home, i went into the room to see the girls and brush them
When i was in there Kojak was on the other side of the door SCREAMING to see them so i put him on his harness and lead and let him go sit in the room with them for a bit
He just LOVES his new sisters and they are doing well with him too!!
I also did the same thing with the dogs to introduce them gradually. I took them in one at a time and put them in the "lay" position on their leashes and let the girls just sniff them and get used to them- so far so good!
That's great that everyone is getting along so well! I hope that it continues to be a success. I'm sure your mom will find another special companion for the last little kitty with her. It's good of you not to take her away. My other cat really belongs to me, but he loves my mom to death, so I would never dream of taking him with me when I move.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Duchess15

That's great that everyone is getting along so well! I hope that it continues to be a success. I'm sure your mom will find another special companion for the last little kitty with her. It's good of you not to take her away. My other cat really belongs to me, but he loves my mom to death, so I would never dream of taking him with me when I move.
I agree too- i actually left three of my animals with her and took three with me. The three i left- one kitty (abilene), one wolf mix (ginger), and one bunny- (sophie) all three of them, ESPECIALLY ginger are soooooooooooooooooooo bonded to her- they'd never make it without her so i would never dream of moving them away. I fixed up some papers and officially signed her over as adopting them
Abilene and Sophie are best buddies so i didn't want to seperate them also...but if Abby keeps up this crying for the girls i'm not sure what to do
my mom mentioned adopting another kitty/friend for her so i'm keeping an eye out at my shelter for one that might be compatiable with Abilene should the need arise. I just hope it all calms down and works out soon. this is all really nerve racking.