Anniversay dates?

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How many of you in dating relationships know the anniversary date of when you began dating? BabyHarley's thread about her anniversary being today made me wonder. Matt and I have been dating over 5 years but under 6. It doesn't help that we broke up for 3-4 months a few years ago. First time we met was some time around thanksgiving of 2000 and after the break we got back together in March... ummm... 2005 I think?! We also never officially declared dating status it just sort of happened... quickly!

So, do you know the exact day?

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, John and I were introduced online on September 22, 2005. We met at the movie theater on September 27, 2005... even though there were other people there, that's the date that I consider our first date, therefore it's our anniversary. We went on our first date by ourselves on October 1, 2005. We broke up for one day in March 2006 but I don't really count that, since it was only one day!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We count from our 1st kiss. We got married almost exactly 2 years after our 1st kiss and this year will be our 11th wedding anniversary. Our 1st kiss was September 4th, 1994 our wedding date, September 7, 1996.

extinctosaurus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
November 6!! The 5th was our first(or second, I guess...) date but I don't really count dates as relationship. The next day he asked me
(in a really awkward way!! But it was cute!)

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH and I had our very first date March 28th 1987. We went to a Mexican restaurant and on our one year wedding anniversary we went back to the same place.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww... this is all so cute! I used to be really into remembering dates but I found at a young age that I would likely be dissaointed because guys don't usually remember things like that. Plus, with Matt, we didn't really have a first date until we'de been seeing eachother for at least a month. We spent most of our time hanging out at his house or with friends. Then threre's the fact that he never really "asked me out". We just met and things fell into place.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ours is 2 years ago today!

I remember- I was at my house I was renting w/ my friends, and he came over and sat down on the floor next to the couch, and gave me this little box- so I opened it up, and in it was my extremely gorgeous promise ring
1/2 carat princess cut- and let me tell you- he picked it out ALL on his own!
We've been together officially ever since then

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep that date is more important to me than our wedding day or our get-back-together date. December 14, 1994......3 months from when we first met.

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jay is better at dates than I am, but I remember we started dating on October 15, 2001. (The year is impossible to forget: it's the year 9/11 happened.) He proposed to me on October 15, 2006.

kittiesx2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mine's easy to remember...my stepson's 4th birthday...August 16th

We've been together almost 8 years

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know the dates of almost everything. June 16th, 2002 was the day we officially met (had been talking online for a few years before that), July 16, 2002 was our first official date and he asked me out July 17, 2002. August 10, 2002 was our first kiss and the day he gave me the necklace that I never take off. The only thing I am not 100% sure of the date is the day we first said I love you. I know it was in September 2002 and I think it was around the 24th. It was at my cousins wedding so it is not hard for me to find out if I wanted to know.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

Well, John and I were introduced online on September 22, 2005. We met at the movie theater on September 27, 2005... even though there were other people there, that's the date that I consider our first date, therefore it's our anniversary. We went on our first date by ourselves on October 1, 2005. We broke up for one day in March 2006 but I don't really count that, since it was only one day!
Ya, technically we broke up twice but the first time was only 10 days and we still talked and even had a date during that time! LOL

Originally Posted by Mirinae

Jay is better at dates than I am, but I remember we started dating on October 15, 2001. (The year is impossible to forget: it's the year 9/11 happened.) He proposed to me on October 15, 2006.
Funny, I do remember the EXACT date that he broke up with me the first time. I was 9/11/02! I do remember when he proposed (he does too) and I don't think I'll forget that one cuz I'd only been waiting almost 5 years! I was Oct. 5, 2006

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

First time we met was some time around thanksgiving of 2000 and after the break we got back together in March... ummm... 2005 I think?! We also never officially declared dating status it just sort of happened... quickly!

So, do you know the exact day?
This is how bad I am! We didn't meet in 2000... it was 2001. Sheesh! I only remembered that because of when he broke up with me the first time (see above) and that it was less than one year after we started dating.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Aww... this is all so cute! I used to be really into remembering dates but I found at a young age that I would likely be dissaointed because guys don't usually remember things like that. Plus, with Matt, we didn't really have a first date until we'de been seeing eachother for at least a month. We spent most of our time hanging out at his house or with friends. Then threre's the fact that he never really "asked me out". We just met and things fell into place.
We have similar stories. I hung out with his friends after work(most of us worked together). We met b/c I needed a ride home cause mom's car was broken. He took one look at my butt and said OK. December 14th we were in the back seat of his friend car and he said "Will you go out with me." We never officially had first date but it was the first time it was mentioned.

Ya, technically we broke up twice but the first time was only 10 days and we still talked and even had a date during that time! LOL

Funny, I do remember the EXACT date that he broke up with me the first time. I was 9/11/02! I do remember when he proposed (he does too) and I don't think I'll forget that one cuz I'd only been waiting almost 5 years! I was Oct. 5, 2006
Our first break up was the day before Thanksgiving. The year before it was our first holiday together & we snuggled a lot. "Don't Speak" was on the radio. I still can not listen to that song.

missy ro-ro

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know the exact date that my husband and I started dating, it was April 28, 2000! We just celebrated the 7th anniversary of our first date last weekend. We went to the same restaurant and had dinner, it was very nice! He also sent me a beautiful flower arraignment, which surprised the heck out of me!

We've been married 5 1/2 years now!

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine is May 18th... It will be 3 years this May! I asked him what was going on between us (telling him that in no way was there any pressure for a title) and he more or less said... Well we pretty much are bf and gf! So it was then decided... We dated about 3 months before making it "official" lol! We did break up last year for almost 3 months!

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our first date was in November 2003. It was after Halloween, but before Thanksgiving, and I think it was either right before or during our finals for that quarter.

I would estimate the 15th?

Our "real" anniversary will be January 12!

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My friend introduced me and John (JP) The week before Thanksgiving of 2003. We officially started dating December 1, 2003 approximetly 7-9pm and we are still dating to this day

Although we lived in seperate states for about 6 months this last fall..... we still dated

Everyone finds it so weird that we've been together this long and still no engagement or wedding plans
But that's my choice- not his. I'm also on my SECOND promise ring