How uncomfortable does your cat make you when sleeping?

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Feel free to post sketches of how your cat sleeps to make you uncomfortable:

Here is Trout every night:

She sleeps RIGHT in between my legs, which makes it impossible for me to transfer positions when I am sleeping...Keep in mind I am under the blanket, and she in on top of it..so there is no way for me to move my legs
So, I wake up all stiff and sore

Where do your kits sleep?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just like your sketch!

Try sleeping with 4 cats. Molly literally sits on my forehead. Ophelia has to sleep between my body & my left arm. Damita has to have one paw & her face resting on my left leg. Dorky Fish wraps all his paws around my right arm!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm lucky - so far. Ginger sleeps at the opposite foot of the bed, and I have a queen mattress, so she never bothers me. Of course, I can never, ever have anyone sleep next to me again.

Ferris either sleeps on my roomie's bed or on the top of the cat tree in the living room. (That's the only time he can get up there - Ginger kicks him off during the daytime, because SHE is queen of the kitty condo.
)

I have no idea where Penny will choose to bed down...

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Ok - put Lucy where Trout is in your picture, Carly on one side and Much on the other. Mix and match throughout the night - wake up at 4am because Lucy is whacking me instead of Carly because Carly is in her 4am spot.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I just like your sketch!

Try sleeping with 4 cats. Molly literally sits on my forehead. Ophelia has to sleep between my body & my left arm. Damita has to have one paw & her face resting on my left leg. Dorky Fish wraps all his paws around my right arm!
I'll need a sketch of that please...

whuckleberry

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

That's a fantastic drawing! Wally sleeps like that sometimes, but more often he sleeps near my head, HOGGING the pillow.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohh it is a different picture every night in our bed! Chessy usually takes the bottom near my feet and Emily usually takes the bottom near DH's feet, but sometimes they switch or one of them decides not to sleep with us. Mia doesn't sleep on the bed but when she wants me to get up she will repeatedly fall over on top of or right next to my face.

roxie225

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Feel free to post sketches of how your cat sleeps to make you uncomfortable:

Here is Trout every night:

She sleeps RIGHT in between my legs, which makes it impossible for me to transfer positions when I am sleeping...Keep in mind I am under the blanket, and she in on top of it..so there is no way for me to move my legs
So, I wake up all stiff and sore

Where do your kits sleep?
That is exactly how my Roxie sleeps, on top of the blanket and everything. My BF thinks it's soooo funny because I'm always complaining about the awkward positions my legs are in if I choose to move... I couldn't bear to move her though, she always looks so cute and angelic (which is a rarity
)... The things that we will endure for our fur-babys

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Roxie225

That is exactly how my Roxie sleeps, on top of the blanket and everything. My BF thinks it's soooo funny because I'm always complaining about the awkward positions my legs are in if I choose to move... I couldn't bear to move her though, she always looks so cute and angelic (which is a rarity
)... The things that we will endure for our fur-babys
I guess it must be really comfy in there

roxie225

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I guess it must be really comfy in there
Must be!! Hey, maybe Roxie and trout are long lost siblings!! LoL, I do see a resemblence

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I feel your pain (and that's a great sketch)

At the start of the night, Stan curls up near my stomach and Bella near my feet but high enough to prevent me from rolling/moving. During the night Bella moves up until she is pretty much on my face next to me on the pillow. By then Stan has gotten up and done at least one lap of the bed.

I awaken around 5AM stiff and sore when Stan takes his morning leap at Bella (who mind you is next to my head) and they both go running around for a couple of laps. If we're lucky the laps take place somewhere outside of the bedroom; sometimes they run around the bed.

After track practice, Bella will return to my pillow to purr and cuddle up so that I don't forget to get up and feed them...if I try to use the bathroom, she will sit on my lap and continue to purr...I go to work a cripple.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not as sketch talented as you are Natalie
so a description will have to do
but Pandora and Hades sleep on top of me, Antigone sleeps on one side, by my stomach, Vino sleeps crammed right up against my back, Circe sleeps on my head
and Sapphire usually sleeps behind my knees- occasionally Gaia and Demeter will join the group also, and they sleep just below Antigone, in front of my legs. Poseidon might sleep in the room, but he usually isn't on the bed, cause everybody hates him
and Nemesis isn't that comfortable with me yet and Medusa is probably UNDER the bed. so yeah, I'm basically trapped

watchcaddy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
love the sketch. We should all sketch how our cats sleep with us.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Roxie225

Must be!! Hey, maybe Roxie and trout are long lost siblings!! LoL, I do see a resemblence
Wow, maybe its a tortie thing
Torties must like the between the legs sleep spot

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's mine..
FYI- Heidi is FAT and she INSISTS on sleeping half on and half off my chest- I am really surprised my right boob isn't flat from all of her weight pressing on it every night!

The ONLY cat who DOES NOT sleep with me is Spike.. Thank goodness cuz I don't know where else he could sleep on me!

Sometimes I'd wake up SORE cuz I don't move one inch during the night (how can I with cats on every side of my body on top of blankets???).. HOWEVER, if no cats sleep with me (if I'm out of town on business or something), I cannot sleep at all!
Guess cats have trained me too well.

It's really ironic.. When I first moved into my first apt with Zebra and Sunniday (RB), I didn't have a bed so I slept on the couch. When I got Buddy and Spike after Sunniday was pts, it started being a challenge sleeping on the couch with 3 cats so I finally got a twin bed thinking there'd be more space.. NOPE- cats still insisted on sleeping on me.. I upgraded to a QUEEN sized bed for ONE HUMAN BEING thinking there'd be more room and cats would sleep AROUND on the bed... STILLLLLL have NO ROOM with 5 cats insisting on sleeping on me!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Natalie i LOVE your picture
I draw stick people too!
My animls LIVE to make me uncomfortable when i'm trying to sleep. But the cats are nothing- try an 80lb dog
and a 35lb dog
THEN add in the kitties. Kojak's new favorite thing to do is sneeze on us in the middle of the night and send projectile snot flying at 90 miles an hour
Can we say EWW! This does not include the Colin stealing all my space. I think we need a king size bed
Also- 3 of my girls will be moving in with us today- lol there's gonna be no comfortable sleeping in this house for a long time i don't think

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooo! Good topic. I have trouble turning over because Frankie and Alix like to sleep at my side foot of the bed, next to my feet. I have them trained to move if I tsk tsk at them
Then there is Ophelia who sleeps next to the left side of my pillow...heaven help me if I need to get up as I have to disturb her sleep!

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

try an 80lb dog
and a 35lb dog
THEN add in the kitties.
Oh yeah.. That can be challenging! I remember one weekend when I was in my teens and my parents were out of town. That time we had 2 big black labs who were FAT... The labs were sooo used to sleeping with my parents so they were LONELY. I normally did not allow dogs in my bedroom or on my bed cuz I don't like their smell (no offense!) but that night, I felt guilty so I let them into my bedroom but made sure they STAYED on the FLOOR..

WELLL, in the middle of the night, I woke up with a start cuz I was struggling to breathe and could not move one bit! I thought maybe the roof had fallen down on me or something. I managed to pull one hand free and switched the end table lamp on to see. To my shock BOTH of the big FAT labs were sleeping on my tiny twin sized bed ON ME! No wonder I couldn't breathe! I tried to get them to move off me but couldn't so I was stuck for the rest of the night till morning when they got hungry and wanted to be fed!

For the rest of the weekend, I refused to let them into my bedroom at nights.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pamela

Oh yeah.. That can be challenging! I remember one weekend when I was in my teens and my parents were out of town. That time we had 2 big black labs who were FAT... The labs were sooo used to sleeping with my parents so they were LONELY. I normally did not allow dogs in my bedroom or on my bed cuz I don't like their smell (no offense!) but that night, I felt guilty so I let them into my bedroom but made sure they STAYED on the FLOOR..

WELLL, in the middle of the night, I woke up with a start cuz I was struggling to breathe and could not move one bit! I thought maybe the roof had fallen down on me or something. I managed to pull one hand free and switched the end table lamp on to see. To my shock BOTH of the big FAT labs were sleeping on my tiny twin sized bed ON ME! No wonder I couldn't breathe! I tried to get them to move off me but couldn't so I was stuck for the rest of the night till morning when they got hungry and wanted to be fed!

For the rest of the weekend, I refused to let them into my bedroom at nights.
awwww
that is too cute!!!!!! i bet that would have been a kodak moment
i don't blame you about the icky doggie smell! i couldn't do that at all
i'm glad my gang is indoors only (i also brush/deoderize them daily) hehe so they smell yummy!!!
uhhh yesterday my coworker and i were bathing 6 dogs to get them ready for their Petsmart showcase today (i'm off work today
) and oh wow- one of them stunk up the ENTIRE room it smelled soooooooo aweful! He's a flat coated retriever- gorgeous dog!!! but i think he rolled in something aweful because he smelled horrendous! Hehe now he smells like oatmeal and coconut though! I hope some of them got homes today!
Hehe by the way- love your sketch!!!!!