TGIF---Not--

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My rant for the week, I am jealous of all those people who have Monday-Friday jobs. I unfortunately am not one of them and am looking at a weekend full of work. To make matters worse we have had a major flu epidemic going throw this area and I have already heard from several people who won't be able to make it in this weekend.

Oh well I guess I should be happy that at least I haven't picked up the flu yet. Also the weather forcaste is very good for the weekend so maybe I will be able to do the BBQ thing either tomorrow or Sunday when I finish with work.
I have this great recipe for BBQ Pineapple Chicken that I have been itching to try so that will give me something to look forward to while I am slaving away at work....

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually work a Mon-Fri job... but this week I'm working 7 days a week
I'll end up having like 70 hours just for this week.... But hey... At least we have jobs and we'll have good paychecks
I'd rather work 7 days a week then not at all!

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I work on Saturdays, with split days off (Wednesday and Sunday). My hours are 10 a.m.-6:30 p.m.

On the bright side, I'm off of my feet, don't have to do any heavy lifting, the pay is good (bonus $$ every payday) and I don't break my fingernails

Today is payday, my bills are all paid, there's still quite a bit of money in the bank account and a VERY attractive gentleman will be delivering dinner tomorrow night

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm working this weekend too
I worked all week (have today off) but then I have to work Saturday from 8:30-2 and then Sunday from 9-1.
At leats your getting paid, I just get a day off, I dont get paid for my extra hours. I'm on salary

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would hate having to work weekends all the time. I like my Monday to Friday 8 to 4 thing! Now if only if I could still get the pay without the work.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katl8e

I work on Saturdays, with split days off (Wednesday and Sunday). My hours are 10 a.m.-6:30 p.m.

On the bright side, I'm off of my feet, don't have to do any heavy lifting, the pay is good (bonus $$ every payday) and I don't break my fingernails

Today is payday, my bills are all paid, there's still quite a bit of money in the bank account and a VERY attractive gentleman will be delivering dinner tomorrow night
Oh my, split days off would be worth it!
Sounds perfect with having a bit of money left over and the handsome man! (unless you're talking about the pizza delivery guy - most are too young for me
)

I have a Mon-Fri job right now. Schedule classes around it for the most part. Then homework on the weekends. When (not if!!) I get the career of my dreams I won't mind working some weekends. Before I got the sit-on-my-hiney job, I always worked some type of weekend shifts. I kind of liked having a weekday off - could do appointments and shopping without fighting the crowds or taking time off work for doctor/vet.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always work Thurs-Sun now it seems, usually between 3 and 10:30. Feels like I don't get a full day off unless I'm sick since I have school Mon-Fri...

Look forward to your BBQ and maybe work won't stink so bad. It is SOOOO pretty out here today too.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Awwwwwwww i'd hate to have to work weekends
I hope it goes quick for you though
We are lucky aren't we? Well maybe you have some beautiful sunny weekdays off though? We don't have that..it sucks to work when its sunny and warm out.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I work Monday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday - never get a weekend off
or holidays for that matter
i am supposed to get another extra day added on in July so i get full time hours/benifits. We'll see

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since my occupation is seasonal I work when there is an opportunity for me. Of course since I'm the boss I set my own hours so I like to start early in the morning so I can finish up early in the afternoon!!